- Clint Eastwood Calls Republicans 'Dumb' For Letting Him Speak At The Republican National Convention
September 18 2012 3:35 PM
Actor Clint Eastwood called Republicans 'dumb' for allowing him to speak at the Republican National Convention last month
- Obama Camp Attacks Romney's Secret Video In New Ad
September 18 2012 3:24 PM
Obama's camp attacked Romney for his now-infamous "47%" video with a new ad asking Americans their thoughts on the Republican's comments.
- Occupy Wall Street Has Never Been Meaningful
September 18 2012 1:27 PM
Six months ago, Occupy Wall Street was an endangered species. Now, it?s safe to say, OWS is extinct, and for the betterment of our country.
- Romney, Not Minicing Words, Tells Donors Palestinians Have 'No Interest' In Peace'
September 18 2012 1:20 PM
Romney's stance on Palestine, the two-state solution with Israel, and the peace process, were made abundantly clear in a recording obtained by Mother Jones. Thus far in the campaign, Romney's foreign policy statements in general have shown that he's not afraid to say what's on his mind.
- Why About 50% Of Americans Pay No US Income Tax
September 18 2012 12:20 PM
They're not dodging the taxman. Most of them are too poor to qualify.
- Protests Over Anti-Islamic Movie Spreading In Asia; Indonesia Sees Violence
September 18 2012 7:37 AM
Protests in Indonesia over an alleged anti-Muslim movie made in the U.S. continued for the second day Tuesday, a day after demonstrations outside the U.S. Embassy turned violent, even as Google censored the video in the world's largest Muslim-majority nation to comply with the local law.
- Tax Cuts For The Rich: Do They Boost GDP?
September 18 2012 6:11 AM
Tax cuts for the rich don't seem to be associated with U.S. economic growth and instead are linked to a different outcome: greater income inequality in the U.S. These findings will likely fuel the already bitter political fight over extending the Bush tax cuts for upper-income groups.
- Aung San Suu Kyi Arrives In US, As Myanmar Frees More Than 500 Prisoners
September 17 2012 1:58 PM
Myanmar opposition politician Aung San Suu Kyi arrived in the United States on Monday. Her 17-day stateside schedule includes meetings with Hillary Clinton and several U.S. politicians, as well as awards ceremonies and speaking arrangements from New York to Indiana to California.
- Iran's Nuclear Progress In Dispute: Merkel Refutes Netanyahu's Call For Preemptive Strike
September 17 2012 12:17 PM
What are Iran's nuclear capabilities at present, and is a preemptive military strike necessary? A difference of opinion between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu show that major world powers are at odds over these pivotal issues.
- The Energy Report - Morally Hazardous
September 17 2012 8:28 AM
In the aftermath of all of the market euphoria after QE 3D It seems that already governments are using the stimulus as an excuse to not face the tough questions that really face them. While it was not likely ahead of a major Presidential in the United States it was not likely that congress would have all of a sudden found fiscal religion it seems that in China and Europe they are using QE 3D as an excuse to not make the hard choices that deep down everyone knows that eventually we will have to ...
- Obama To Move WTO Against China On Unfair Trade Practices
September 17 2012 5:18 AM
President Barack Obama will launch a trade suit against China alleging unfair trade practices by the Chinese government to benefit its auto industry, an U.S administration official said on Monday.
- Netanyahu Talks Football, Nuclear Bombs and Iran While Avoiding 2012 Race [VIDEOS]
September 16 2012 3:02 PM
Benjamin Netanyahu football talk on two Sunday talk shows was meant to draw a stark focus on Israel's threats to prevent a nuclear Iran at a time when the world has been fixed upon global anti-American Muslim protests. His main hope is the U.S. doesn't drop the ball.
- Poll Says Obama Would Crush Romney In Fistfight. Because You Really Want To Know
September 16 2012 2:33 PM
Maybe it's the age difference?
- Occupy Wall Street - Passé Or Canary In A Coal Mine?
September 16 2012 11:32 AM
The Occupy Wall Street protest movement is expected to resume Monday, on the 1-year anniversary of the protests. Is the coalition passé and irrelevant? Or is it a canary in a coalmine - an indicator of worsening economic and social problems in the United States?
- Muslim Protesters Clash With Police In Sydney As Obama Grapples With Middle East Unrest
September 15 2012 1:27 PM
The violence and widespread protests that have plagued Cairo and sections of the Middle East spread into Sydney, Australia Saturday as police clashed with hundreds of angry demonstrators.
- Obama Greets U.S. Olympians at the White House
September 15 2012 3:24 AM
The president hosted Michael Phelps, Tyson Gay, Holley Mangold, among others.
- Mitt Romney: 'I'm Kind Of A Snooki Fan' And Other Gems From The Kelly Ripa Interview
September 14 2012 8:01 PM
Apparently, Mitt Romney can't get enough of "Jersey Shore" star Snooki. Romney and his wife Ann sat down with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan for ABC's "Live! With Kelly and Michael" on Friday, when Romney revealed that he prefers the "tiny" Snooki to competing reality-television star Honey Boo Boo.
- Government Employee Unions Taking Control Of America
September 14 2012 4:35 PM
With just over 50 days until the 2012 presidential election, Americans are searching for the truth behind both candidates. While everyone seems to have an opinion, facts often seem to be lacking.
- Indian Muslims Stirred, But Not Shaken, By 'Innocence Of Muslims' Protests
September 14 2012 3:57 PM
Despite a 15,000-person protest against the U.S. Consulate in India-controlled Kashmir over the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims," most Indian Muslims have remained rather nonplussed by the outbreaks of violence and demonstrations to the west of them.
- Photos After A Week Of Anti-American Protests At Embassies In Yemen, Cairo, Sudan And Libya
September 14 2012 3:54 PM
Protests in response at least in part to an anti-Islam film produced in the United States are continuing to pop up at embassies across the world on Friday.