Articles by Barack Obama
- August US Jobs Report Looks Bleak, May Trigger QE3
September 06 2012 6:09 AM
The stakes are high. Friday's August jobs report will be the last major data point for the Federal Reserve to consider ahead of the Sept. 12-13 FOMC meeting.
- Bill Clinton Praises Obama's Economic Policies, Patience and Perseverance In DNC Address
September 06 2012 12:11 AM
"I want you to know I believe it. With all my heart, I believe it," Clinton said, telling the audience that President Obama is the person who will improve the lives of middle class families.
- DNC 2012: Elizabeth Warren Says Obama 'Get's It', Calls Him Fighter For Middle Class [EXCERPT]
September 05 2012 10:22 PM
Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren casts Obama as a defender of middle class values in her DNC address.
- DNC 2012: Bill Clinton Speech Excerpt Indicates Former President Will Push Obama Economic Message
September 05 2012 9:46 PM
"The most important question is, what kind of country do you want to live in? If you want a you're-on-your-own, winner-take-all society, you should support the Republican ticket. If you want a country of shared prosperity and shared responsibility - a we're-all-in-this-together society - you should vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden," reads the prepared remarks.
- Text Of Nancy Pelosi's Speech To DNC
September 05 2012 9:35 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's speech to the Democratic National Convention.
- Bill Clinton At The Height Of His Popularity Heading Into DNC Speech
September 05 2012 9:23 PM
Bill Clinton may have been impeached while he was president of the United States, but he's still one of the most widely beloved politicians in the land. In fact, even as he readied to give his highly-anticipated address Wednesday at the Democratic National Convention, he was getting praise from the likes of ultra-conservative GOP vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan.
- Advance Excerpts Of Bill Clinton Speech
September 05 2012 9:19 PM
Bill Clinton will address the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night. Here, excerpts of the former president's prepared remarks:
- Amanda Bynes Charged With Hit-And-Run In LA
September 05 2012 5:34 PM
Amanda Bynes has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of hit-and-run, TMZ reported.
- Global Media Largely Praises Michelle Obama’s Convention Speech
September 05 2012 2:06 PM
“Michelle Obama wows convention with passionate speech.”
- Democratic National Convention Schedule: Who's Speaking And When On Wednesday
September 05 2012 1:52 PM
The Democratic Party's quadrennial nominating party is underway, and the days preceding President Obama's climactic acceptance speech are crammed with party luminaries and promising up-and-comers. After First Lady Michelle brought down the house on Tuesday night, here's a list of what lies ahead:
- 'Harold And Kumar' Actor Kal Penn Pokes Fun At Clint Eastwood During The Democratic National Convention
September 05 2012 1:01 PM
Actor Kal Penn may be most well-known for his role in the comical "Harold and Kumar" film series, but he has also served as an associate director in the White House Office of Public Engagement
- Michelle Obama Speech Helps DNC Explode Past RNC On Twitter [TRANSCRIPT, VIDEO]
September 05 2012 12:36 PM
Michelle Obama struck a cord at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) Tuesday night in Charlotte. The First Lady, or "FLOTUS," stood at the podium and shared a heartwarming story about her family, her husband's past, their shared values, and their dream to build a better country based on those values. The reaction from her convention speech helped DNC explode past the RNC in social spheres like Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- 10 Things To Know About San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro
September 05 2012 10:58 AM
Castro, already being hailed as a rising star in the Democratic Party, gave a much-praised keynote speech at the convention Tuesday when he made his national debut. But he has been a prominent presence in San Antonio's Chicano community since his teen years.
- Ted Kennedy: Democrat ‘Icon’
September 05 2012 9:51 AM
More than fifty years after John F. Kennedy’s assassination and more than four decades after Robert’s murder, the “Kennedy” name is the gold standard for liberal Democrats.
- Barack Obama: Future Billionaire?
September 05 2012 6:39 AM
I am fascinated by what the future holds for President Barack Obama.
- US Promises $1B In Debt Relief For Egypt, Even More For Military Aid
September 05 2012 6:37 AM
The United States is getting ready to finalize a deal for $1 billion in debt relief for Egypt, a move that could set a new tone for Egypt-U.S. relations.
- Tammy Duckworth: Veteran Who Lost Legs In Iraq War Lauds Obama At DNC (PHOTOS)
September 05 2012 5:35 AM
Tammy Duckworth, an Iraq war veteran and the Democratic Illinois congressional candidate, drew applauds for her speech lauding Barack Obama at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Charlotte, N.C, Tuesday night.
- Michelle Obama Delivers Rousing, Personal Tribute To Her Husband At Democratic National Convention
September 04 2012 11:20 PM
Michelle Obama closed out the first day of the 2012 Democratic National Convention with a rousing speech that paid personal tribute to her husband but also seemed built to coalesce support among Democrats at the start of the three-day DNC.
- Democrats Introduce A New Face: Julian Castro
September 04 2012 10:37 PM
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro presented a fresh, youthful, smiling face for Democrats at the opening night of their convention Tuesday -- while hurling stinging attacks on the Republicans and their nominee.
- Nicki Minaj And Other Surprising Celebrity Republicans
September 04 2012 4:58 PM
Nicki Minaj raps endlessly about her stacks of money, expensive clothes, cars and all the other luxuries that come with being one of the most famous -- and overrated -- rappers on the planet. But despite that love of all things material, her bold-faced endorsement of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on the new Lil' Wayne mixtape shows that she's willing to put her vote where her Louis Vuitton purse is.