Articles by Barack Obama
- Democratic Platform 2012: Pro-Gay Marriage, Weak On Guns, And Completely Silent On Civil Liberties
September 04 2012 4:53 PM
The Democratic National Committee's 2012 platform, released Monday night, will be officially adopted on Tuesday night.
- Betty White Petitioned To Appear In Charlotte For 2012 DNC; Kal Penn Hosting
September 04 2012 2:39 PM
Elderly actress Betty White has been requested via petition to show support for President Obama at the upcoming 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.. Already confirmed for the DNC is Kal Penn, who will be hosting the political event.
- Romney’s Stance On Syria Indistinguishable From Obama
September 04 2012 2:35 PM
Romney and Obama's stances on how to handle Syria are similarly circumspect, but that hasn't stopped the two campaigns from criticizing each others' foreign policy approaches.
- Kal Penn Vs. Nikki Haley: Battle Of The Indian-American Political Proxies
September 04 2012 1:13 PM
Indians actually share the values promulgated by the Republican Party rather than the Democrats whom they usually vote for.
- Syria: Killings Spike To Record Level In August; Red Cross Seeks Entry
September 04 2012 12:38 PM
The International Committee of the Red Cross announced on Tuesday that they will be expanding their efforts in Syria with the help of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent to help the hundreds of thousands of displaced refugees. Meanwhile, the US drags its heels and the UN's efforts have amounted to nothing to stem the violence.
- Watch Chuck Norris Deliver 'Dire Warning' To America, Urge Evangelicals To Vote Romney [VIDEO]
September 04 2012 12:08 PM
Action star Chuck Norris delivered a "dire warning" to America in a new YouTube video, where the Internet folk hero contended President Barack Obama is eradicating freedom and pushing the country toward socialism.
- Obama Gives Himself 'Incomplete' Grade On Economic Policy, But Insists Recovery Underway
September 04 2012 11:54 AM
Republican critics jumped on President Obama's remarks as more evidence that the he is not capable of reviving the economy.
- President Obama Teams Up With A (Possibly) Stoned Kal Penn In New Campaign Video
September 04 2012 10:42 AM
When times are tough, there is one person the president can rely on -- Kal Penn.
- August Jobs Report, ECB Meeting: Economic Events for Sept. 4-7
September 04 2012 10:28 AM
During the holiday week, economy-watchers are likely to focus on Friday's August nonfarm payrolls report and the European Central Bank’s governing council meeting, on Sept. 6.
- The Energy Report - No Real Relief in Sight
September 04 2012 9:44 AM
After Americans endured the highest gas price ever posted over a Labor Day holiday weekend and commodities outperformed stocks for the second month in a row, the sad part is, there seems to be too little gasoline relief in sight. Even with the winter blend switchover price bonus, already we are seeing that RBOB futures are continuing to move higher. From around the country reports of pain are coming in. Take Maine for example where according to reports from the AP, Maine residents are paying mor...
- Democrats Open National Convention, Push For Obama's Re-election
September 04 2012 4:57 AM
The Democrats have gathered in thousands at the downtown football stadium at Charlotte, N.C., for the three-day Democratic National Convention starting Tuesday. The Party unveiled its formal 2012 election policy, ahead of the convention Monday night, advocating the strengths of their presidential candidate incumbent Barack Obama over Republican rival Mitt Romney.
- Hurricane Isaac: Obama Tours Storm-Hit Louisiana; White House Plays Down Political Reasons [PHOTOS]
September 04 2012 2:25 AM
President Barack Obama Monday visited storm-hit Louisiana, grappling with flooding and power cuts, at the end of a four-day trip packed with campaign events.
- Democratic National Convention 2012: 5 Things Liberals Might Enjoy In Charlotte
September 03 2012 4:29 PM
Thousands of liberals are headed to Charlotte, North Carolina for the 2012 Democratic National Convention, and while the Billy Graham Library may not be on their bucket lists, these spots should make the cut.
- Hezbollah Warns US Of Retaliation If Israel Strikes Iran
September 03 2012 4:18 PM
Iran could strike U.S. bases in the Middle East in response to any Israeli strike on its nuclear facilities, the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah said Monday.
- Convention Spin, Economic Blame Game And Eastwood Dominate Post-RNC Discussion
September 02 2012 2:43 PM
The effectiveness of the Republican National Convention, with its mixed bag of hits and misses, jockeyed for airtime Sunday morning with the prevailing sense that President Barack Obama faces an uphill battle for re-election.
- Report: Equity Firms, Including Bain, Probed For Turning Fees Into Funds To Lower Tax Burdens
September 02 2012 1:50 PM
The country's largest private equity firms are being investigated on suspicion of finagling themselves out of paying taxes by turning fees into fund investments.
- Netanyahu Demands West Draw 'Red Line' Against Iran Nuclear Program
September 02 2012 12:42 PM
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanded Sunday a "clear red line" be drawn that would convince Tehran that world powers are serious about stopping Iran from building nuclear weapons.
- 50 Cent Not Dead, Rumor Arose After His Manager Chris Lighty's Passing
September 02 2012 10:58 AM
Rapper 50 Cent is alive despite persistent rumors to the contrary on Twitter and throughout the Internet. The incorrect news that he had passed away came about in the wake of the death of his manager Chris Lighty.
- Made In America Festival: Jay-Z Turns A Crowd-Puller As He Does A Rocky
September 02 2012 6:55 AM
The two-day Made In America Festival got off to a rocking start at the Philadelphia Museum of Art as Jay Z entered the stage bouncing up and down, mimicking artist Rocky Balboa, with whom he shares a rag to riches story.
- Romney Trails Obama Again After RNC Popularity Bounce: Poll
September 01 2012 7:08 PM
According to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll, Republican Party presidential nominee Mitt Romney's popularity has fallen behind President Barack Obama's after a brief lead.