Articles by Barack Obama
- President Obama Releases Beer Recipe For White House Homebrew Beers
September 01 2012 5:08 PM
Ever since President Barack Obama revealed that he commissioned the White House kitchen to create a homebrewed beer for the White House, beer enthusiasts have been going nuts wondering what the recipe is, even going as far as setting up an online petition. Now, the White House has responded and released its recipe for presidential Honey Ale and Honey Porter beer.
- Five Reasons Why Obama Could Win The 2012 Election
September 01 2012 2:05 PM
He's practically the devil incarnate to the Republican Party, but no president since President Franklin D. Roosevelt has had to address as many serious economic, financial and foreign policy problems as President Barack Obama. Further, Obama's relative success addressing these problems, and the Republican Party's callousness, will lead to Obama's re-election in November.
- Clint Eastwood Convention Speech: Hollywood Reacts
September 01 2012 1:09 PM
Clint Eastwood speech endorses Mitt Romney, but has come under fire for the bizarre rant.
- Karl Rove Jokes About Murdering Rep. Todd Akin After 'Legitimate Rape' Comments
August 31 2012 8:01 PM
Karl Rove made an off-color joke about murdering U.S. Rep. Todd Akin at a Republican National Convention fundraiser, stating that Akin's "legitimate rape" comments pose a huge threat to the GOP's prospects at the polls this year.
- Newsweek?s Anti-Obama Cover Scores Big -- Is This The Only Way To Sell Magazines?
August 31 2012 4:16 PM
Newsweek set off a firestorm earlier this month when it published a divisive cover story by Niall Ferguson entitled "Hit the Road, Barack," in which the author claims that the Romney/Ryan ticket is our nation's only hope for prosperity.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Path Set For Missouri, Obama And Romney Headed To Louisiana As Storm Settles
August 31 2012 3:09 PM
As tropical storm Isaac, downgraded from a hurricane, heads for Southern Missouri, President Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are en route to Louisiana to view storm damage.
- DNC 2012: Instead of Cash, AFL-CIO Offering 'Hugs From Thugs'
August 31 2012 3:06 PM
The nation's largest federation of labor unions, traditionally a major Democratic supporter, may have scaled back its financial support because of the event's location in a severely anti-union state.
- Tax The Rich More? Great Britain Now Weighing An American Question
August 31 2012 2:56 PM
As Great Britain struggles to escape its years-long recession, should the wealthy pay more taxes? The Deputy Prime Minister has spoken up to put the controversial issue on the table.
- Democrats Blast Republican National Convention As 'Open Mic For 2016 Candidates'
August 31 2012 1:04 PM
Critics say the event was all bark with no indication of how Republicans will execute the bite -- or, in fact, a dress rehearsal for the next presidential election
- President Obama Lets Clint Eastwood Know, 'This Seat's Taken'
August 31 2012 10:28 AM
When actor and director Clint Eastwood spoke at the Republican National Convention earlier this week, he probably did not know he would end up creating a new twitter phenomenon -- "Eastwooding"
- Live Coverage Of The Republican National Convention
August 30 2012 7:01 PM
Stick with IBTimes as we bring you the night's action, updated by the minute.
- RNC 'Bounce' Lifts Romney To 44%-42% Lead In Poll
August 30 2012 6:10 PM
Mitt Romney has moved into a narrow lead over President Barack Obama in a small bounce for him from the Republican National Convention, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found Thursday.
- Jeb Bush To Mitt Romney: Be More Human, 'Connect Emotionally' In Convention Speech
August 30 2012 1:48 PM
Jeb Bush says though it is going to be hard for Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential nominee should "show his heart" to connect with people -- something he hasn't been able to do yet.
- Isaac 2012 Pictures: 20 Images Of The Devastation, From Hurricane To Tropical Storm [PHOTOS]
August 30 2012 12:11 PM
Isaac, once a Category One hurricane but now just a tropical storm, is expected to be downgraded further to a tropical depression by late Thursday. In the meantime, the storm continues to pack winds of 45 miles per hour and pour down about feet of rain in Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. We've gathered a slew of photos and pictures of the devastation throughout New Orleans and Mississippi from Isaac.
- Watch Jan Brewer Accidentally Endorse Obama, Accuse Him Of 'Race-Baiting' [VIDEOS]
August 30 2012 12:11 PM
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer once called President Barack Obama threatening and was photographed with her finger in his face at the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. But has she come full circle and actually endorsed the president?
- 3 Untrue Things From Paul Ryan's National Convention Speech
August 30 2012 11:34 AM
Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan delivered his much-anticipated speech Wednesday in Tampa, but slipped in some inaccuracies when blaming the Obama administration.
- Path Of Hurricane Isaac Forces Massive Evacuations In Louisiana For Torrential Rain
August 30 2012 8:42 AM
Hurricane Isaac's projected path of torrential rain causes many Louisiana residents to evacuate and others to be rescued.
- Obama AMA: President's 'Ask Me Anything' Thread On Reddit A Great PR Move For His Campaign; 5 Interesting Questions
August 30 2012 3:55 AM
On Wednesday, U.S. President Barack Obama did something that helped him reach and communicate with millions of people directly. The President spent around half-an-hour on the popular link-sharing website Reddit, answering questions from the general public and became the first ever sitting president to participate in a forum, commonly referred to as an AMA or "ask me anything."
- Full Text Of Rand Paul's Republican National Convention Speech [TRANSCRIPT]
August 29 2012 9:03 PM
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky delivered a fiery speech Wednesday night aimed directly at the policies of President Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress.
- Rand Paul Endlessly Harps On Disingenuous 'You Did Build That' Line In Ayn Randian RNC Diatribe
August 29 2012 8:43 PM
Rand Paul relentlessly pounded his disingenuous "You Did Build That" catchphrase during his Ayn Randian speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Wednesday night.