- Rand Paul relentlessly pounded his disingenuous "You Did Build That" catchphrase during his Ayn Randian speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Wednesday night.
- President Barack Obama took part in a Reddit AMA on Wednesday, which answered users' questions and caused a server error.
Hurricane Issac 2012 Downgraded To Tropical Storm; 725,000 In 5 States Lose Power; New Orleans Levees HoldHurricane Isaac was downgraded Wednesday to a tropical storm but continued to hover over Louisiana with heavy rains and damaging winds. The storm, which was a category one hurricane for 24 hours, has since sustained weakened winds of 75 mph, the National Hurricane Center reported.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) may have lost a $1.05 billion judgment to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, but it’s won a temporary reprieve from the judge on product bans and other retaliatory measures.
- On the last day of the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, shortly before GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney takes the stage to accept the nomination, a "to be announced" speaker will be giving some remarks.
- Romney surrogates love to say Obama has less private sector experience than a kid running a lemonade stand. That is not true.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Fierce Winds, Heavy Rains Strike Gulf Coast; Weather Forecasts Predict Hurricane To Last Two More Days (PHOTOS)After raking Louisiana coast, Hurricane Isaac struck the Gulf Coast at 80-mph winds as the outer bands of hurricane-force winds and dangerous storm surge battered New Orleans, Los Angeles Times reported.
- Although the tropical storm Isaac forced the cancelation of Monday's opening session of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, the conference was finally kicked off Tuesday with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie impassionedly challenging the Republicans to start "taking our country back" during his keynote speech.
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, one of the GOP's rising stars, brought down the house Tuesday night with a rousing, combative keynote speech at the Republican National Convention.
- Chris Christie delivered the keynote speech at the Republican National Convention Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla. Read the full transcript of his remarks here.
- A federal court ruled Tuesday that Texas' redistricting maps discriminate against black and Hispanic voters, effectively killing the new districts before they could take effect for the November election.
- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was officially nominated as the GOP's 2012 presidential candidate at the Republican National Convention Tuesday evening in Tampa.
- The film, "2016: Obama's America," purports to show what the world will look like if President Barack Obama wins a second term and carries out what the Indian-born, Dartmouth-educated writer/fabulist claims is a rabid anti-colonialist agenda. Could it actually have implications that stretch into the voting booth this November?
RNC Fundraising Events: Assault Rifle Raffles, 'Milk and Cookies' With Lindsey Graham And One Really Expensive Journey ConcertRepublicans have scheduled more than 200 fundraising events during their time in Tampa, Fla., for the Republican National Convention.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Evacuations Ordered In Low-Lying Areas Of Mississippi, Tornado Warning Issued Southeastern LouisianaTropical storm Isaac has officially turned into category one Hurricane Isaac. The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said Isaac became a Category 1 hurricane Tuesday with winds of 75 mph and could get even stronger.
- Tropical Storm Isaac was upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane after its sustained winds increased to 75 mph and barreling towards the Gulf Coast area at 10 mph with landfall expected tonight, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who will be delivering the keynote address at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday, said he believes Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney can win the election and that people will get to know the candidate more in coming days.
- A new iPad game from the creators of "Infinity Blade" lets players duke it out as Mitt Romney and Barack Obama just in time for the debates.
- As Hurricane Isaac makes its way onto the Louisiana coast and into New Orleans, President Barack Obama will reportedly make a live statement from the White House at 10 a.m. The address will broadcasted on all major TV news networks as well as live streamed via the White House website.
- After targeting the U.S. Gulf coast Monday with ponderous rains and strong winds, tropical storm Isaac's path is now directed toward New Orleans with threats of a projected landfall Tuesday night, nearly seven years to the day since Hurricane Katrina wrecked the city.