- The FDA has linked rare cases of cancer with breast implants in some women.
- WWE "Monday Night RAW" Punk not getting a rope break, the new tag team champions retaining their titles, and Orton and Ziggler defeating their opponents.
- WWE Night of Champions saw CM Punk retain by a draw, Rand Orton won after giving a fan the finger, Kane and Daniel Bryan became feuding tag champs, and more.
Pink Gloves Controversy: Football Coach Apologizes After Benching 12-Year-Old For Honoring Mom With Breast CancerThe pink gloves worn by youth football player Julian Connerton ignited controversy after his coach benched him for wearing the accessories, which the 12-year-old donned to support his mother's breast cancer battle.
Kathy Bates Has Double Mastectomy After Diagnosed With Cancer: 'I Don't Miss My Breasts As Much As I Miss Harry's Law'Kathy Bates has had to battle cancer for a second time after having to undergo a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer nine years after she surviving ovarian cancer, People reported.
- The first day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York was a stellar start to the introduction of the Spring 2013 collections despite the MTV VMA awards taking place simultaneously at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Judy Blume, author of popular teen fiction books such as "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret," announced on her blog that she was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and has already undergone treatment.
- Country music star Kellie Pickler buzzed off her blonde locks as a show of support for her best friend from childhood, who is battling breast cancer.
- E! News anchor Giuliana Rancic and husband Bill announced that they have welcomed their first child, son Edward Duke Rancic, tweeting to followers early Thursday morning, "The 'Duke' has landed!" The Rancics, who have shared their grueling struggle to become parents with the world, announced on the "Today" show in April that they would having a child with an anonymous gestational carrier.
- Often portrayed by Democrats as a wealthy out-of-touch businessman, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney appeared as a man who achieved the American dream when his wife Ann made her national debut with a speech Wednesday night in Tampa.
- Robin Roberts, co-anchor of "Good Morning America," returned to work on Monday after an abrupt nearly three-week-long medical leave, due in part to exhaustion from a blood and bone marrow condition.
- Rosie O'Donnell revealed that she had a heart attack last Tuesday after posting a poem about the near death experience on her blog.
- Medical ethicist Julian Savulescu has called for creating genetically engineered ethical babies as a "moral obligation," for parents. Savulescu presents his case, citing the attempt as "responsible parenting."
Jenn Gibbons, Assault Victim, Reaches Chicago To Complete1,500-mile Row, Attacked While En Route [PHOTO]Jenn Gibbons, founder and coach of Recovery on Water, rowed into Chicago on Tuesday to complete an emotional 1,500-mile trip around Lake Michigan. During the two-month cancer awareness trek, Gibbons ran into trouble when she was sexually assaulted aboard her boat in Michigan's Upper Peninsula nearly a month ago.
Betty Smithey, 1963 Murder Case Convict, Released After 49 Year Sentence; Nation's Longest Serving Female Inmate [PHOTO]Betty Smithey has spent the last 49 years locked up in the Arizona State Prison Complex in Perryville, Ariz. The almost 50 year stint makes Smithey the nation's longest serving female inmate. But on Tuesday, the 69-year-old who was convicted the 1963 New Year's Day murder of Sandy Gerberick, woke up a free woman.
- Comedian Tig Notaro took the stage at the club Largo in Los Angeles, Calif., on Friday for a heartfelt and hilarious set where she talked about her recent breast cancer diagnosis.