Articles by Breast Cancer
- High BPA Exposure Tied To Childhood Obesity
September 18 2012 5:53 PM
New York University School of Medicine researcher Leonardo Trasande and his colleagues examined urinary BPA levels in a sample of nearly 3,000 children and adolescents, including 1,047 children scored as overweight and 590 scored as obese.
- WWE ?RAW? Results: Punk Reaches Ropes, Kane And Bryan Retain Titles, Orton and Ziggler Both Win
September 18 2012 11:12 AM
WWE "Monday Night RAW" Punk not getting a rope break, the new tag team champions retaining their titles, and Orton and Ziggler defeating their opponents.
- WWE Night of Champions Results: Punk Retains Title, New Tag Champs, Orton Flips Off Fans
September 17 2012 12:05 PM
WWE Night of Champions saw CM Punk retain by a draw, Rand Orton won after giving a fan the finger, Kane and Daniel Bryan became feuding tag champs, and more.
- Pink Gloves Controversy: Football Coach Apologizes After Benching 12-Year-Old For Honoring Mom With Breast Cancer
September 13 2012 1:07 PM
The pink gloves worn by youth football player Julian Connerton ignited controversy after his coach benched him for wearing the accessories, which the 12-year-old donned to support his mother's breast cancer battle.
- Kathy Bates Has Double Mastectomy After Diagnosed With Cancer: 'I Don't Miss My Breasts As Much As I Miss Harry's Law'
September 12 2012 4:19 PM
Kathy Bates has had to battle cancer for a second time after having to undergo a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer nine years after she surviving ovarian cancer, People reported.
- Sheryl Crow Blames Cell Phone For Her Brain Tumor
September 10 2012 5:58 PM
The jury is still out on whether cell phones cause tumors, but singer Sheryl Crow squared the blame on the devices for her benign growth during an appearance Monday on "Katie."
- New York Fashion Week: Trends And Highlights From Day One [PHOTOS]
September 07 2012 11:33 AM
The first day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York was a stellar start to the introduction of the Spring 2013 collections despite the MTV VMA awards taking place simultaneously at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Judy Blume, Author Of Young Adult Fiction Books, Reveals Struggle With Breast Cancer
September 05 2012 4:20 PM
Judy Blume, author of popular teen fiction books such as "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret," announced on her blog that she was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and has already undergone treatment.
- Judy Blume Shares Breast Cancer Ordeal On Blog
September 05 2012 1:56 PM
Judy Blume announced on Wednesday that she is suffering from breast cancer. The 74-year-old author shared her ordeal via her blog. In a post titled "!@#$% Happens,"
- Kellie Pickler Goes Bald In Support Of Friend Summer Holt Miller's Breast Cancer Battle
September 05 2012 1:27 PM
Country music star Kellie Pickler buzzed off her blonde locks as a show of support for her best friend from childhood, who is battling breast cancer.
- Giuliana and Bill Rancic Welcome First Child, Son Edward Duke
August 30 2012 12:11 PM
E! News anchor Giuliana Rancic and husband Bill announced that they have welcomed their first child, son Edward Duke Rancic, tweeting to followers early Thursday morning, "The 'Duke' has landed!" The Rancics, who have shared their grueling struggle to become parents with the world, announced on the "Today" show in April that they would having a child with an anonymous gestational carrier.
- Ann Romney Goes For The Heart, Says She And Mitt Used To Be Poor
August 29 2012 12:04 PM
Often portrayed by Democrats as a wealthy out-of-touch businessman, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney appeared as a man who achieved the American dream when his wife Ann made her national debut with a speech Wednesday night in Tampa.
- Aspirin Use Not Tied To Breast Cancer Risk
August 28 2012 9:35 AM
There's no good evidence that aspirin protects women against breast cancer, according to a new study.
- Robin Roberts Returns to 'Good Morning America' After Abrupt Medical Leave
August 21 2012 12:49 PM
Robin Roberts, co-anchor of "Good Morning America," returned to work on Monday after an abrupt nearly three-week-long medical leave, due in part to exhaustion from a blood and bone marrow condition.
- Rosie O'Donnell Has Heart Attack & Writes Poem: Will Her Work Save Lives?
August 20 2012 6:29 PM
Rosie O'Donnell revealed that she had a heart attack last Tuesday after posting a poem about the near death experience on her blog.
- Oxford Professor Calls For Genetically Engineered 'Ethical Babies' As Moral Obligation
August 20 2012 8:16 AM
Medical ethicist Julian Savulescu has called for creating genetically engineered ethical babies as a "moral obligation," for parents. Savulescu presents his case, citing the attempt as "responsible parenting."
- Jenn Gibbons, Assault Victim, Reaches Chicago To Complete1,500-mile Row, Attacked While En Route [PHOTO]
August 15 2012 11:20 AM
Jenn Gibbons, founder and coach of Recovery on Water, rowed into Chicago on Tuesday to complete an emotional 1,500-mile trip around Lake Michigan. During the two-month cancer awareness trek, Gibbons ran into trouble when she was sexually assaulted aboard her boat in Michigan's Upper Peninsula nearly a month ago.
- Betty Smithey, 1963 Murder Case Convict, Released After 49 Year Sentence; Nation's Longest Serving Female Inmate [PHOTO]
August 15 2012 8:29 AM
Betty Smithey has spent the last 49 years locked up in the Arizona State Prison Complex in Perryville, Ariz. The almost 50 year stint makes Smithey the nation's longest serving female inmate. But on Tuesday, the 69-year-old who was convicted the 1963 New Year's Day murder of Sandy Gerberick, woke up a free woman.
- Tig Notaro Chronicles Cancer Battle In 'Masterful' Standup Comedy Routine
August 07 2012 8:49 AM
Comedian Tig Notaro took the stage at the club Largo in Los Angeles, Calif., on Friday for a heartfelt and hilarious set where she talked about her recent breast cancer diagnosis.
- Robin Roberts Takes Break From 'GMA,' Felt 'Moment Of Fatigue' While On Air
August 01 2012 4:47 PM
Robin Roberts, "Good Morning America" co-anchor, announced she would be taking a break from the show due to her blood and bone marrow disease, Reuters reported.The 51-year-old Roberts explained that she was "not feeling well" and needed to "get some vacay" time in before she headed for her upcoming bone marrow transplant.