Articles by Cancer
- High BPA Exposure Tied To Childhood Obesity
September 18 2012 5:53 PM
New York University School of Medicine researcher Leonardo Trasande and his colleagues examined urinary BPA levels in a sample of nearly 3,000 children and adolescents, including 1,047 children scored as overweight and 590 scored as obese.
- Steve Sabol, Co-Creative Force Behind NFL Films, Dies At 69
September 18 2012 4:30 PM
Steve Sabol, who along with father Ed, revolutionized the promotion of sports with NFL Films, the marketing and filming operation of the National Football League, died Tuesday of cancer at age 69, the National Football League announced.
- Steve Sabol, NFL Films President And Co-Founder, Dead At 69. NFL Players And Insiders React On Twitter [PHOTO]
September 18 2012 2:36 PM
Steve Sabol, one of the founding members of NFL Films, died this morning after he lost his battle with brain cancer at the age of 69.
- WWE ?RAW? Results: Punk Reaches Ropes, Kane And Bryan Retain Titles, Orton and Ziggler Both Win
September 18 2012 11:12 AM
WWE "Monday Night RAW" Punk not getting a rope break, the new tag team champions retaining their titles, and Orton and Ziggler defeating their opponents.
- John Ingle, Edward Quartermaine On 'General Hospital,' Dies At 84
September 18 2012 10:59 AM
Actor John Ingle, a mainstay on "General Hospital" for nearly two decades, died this week after losing his battle with cancer. He was 84.
- Sandusky to be Sentenced After October 9 Predator Hearing
September 17 2012 3:09 PM
The convicted child molester faces up to 373 years in prison.
- WWE Night of Champions Results: Punk Retains Title, New Tag Champs, Orton Flips Off Fans
September 17 2012 12:05 PM
WWE Night of Champions saw CM Punk retain by a draw, Rand Orton won after giving a fan the finger, Kane and Daniel Bryan became feuding tag champs, and more.
- Kim Kardashian Thinking Of Another TV Wedding With Kanye West, Considers Herself Inspiration For Cancer Patients
September 16 2012 2:23 PM
Kim Kardashian is coming under fire again, this time for her recent comments comparing her much-maligned televised wedding to Kris Humphries to a fan?s bout with cancer. The reality star ? who?s often criticized as being willing to do anything for fame ? told the Guardian about how inspiring she is to her fans.
- Warren Buffett Smiles Bright On Completion Of Cancer Treatments
September 16 2012 7:07 AM
There is some good news cheering up Warren Buffet, the Oracle of Omaha, as he announced completion of cancer treatments, Sept.14.
- Lebanon Protesters Destroy Kentucky Fried Chicken And Hardee's Over 'Muslim Innocence' Film [PHOTOS]
September 14 2012 6:22 PM
In the wake of anti-American demonstrations over the incendiary film "Muslim Innocence," protesters in Tripoli, Lebanon, have taken to attacking not an American consulate, but an American fast-food restaurant. Rioters were seen burning down a combination Hardee's and Kentucky Fried Chicken there.
- Quality-of-life Program May Help Cancer Patients
September 14 2012 3:16 PM
Patients who attended a combination of physical and talk therapy, relaxation techniques and spiritual discussions reported a stable quality of life during treatment, while cancer patients who didn't get the extra help declined on those measures.
- Jerry Lawler Heart Attack Reminds Fans Of The King's Fake Feud With Comedian Andy Kaufman [VIDEOS]
September 13 2012 5:28 PM
The news that Jerry "The King" Lawler collapsed from a heart attack Monday night scared not only his close friends and family, but the fans that have supported the former wrestler and current WWE commentator throughout his career. To those outside the world of wrestling, Lawler might be best remembered for his friendship with comedian and Hollywood enigma Andy Kaufman in the 1980s, when the two had a very public - and very fake - feud.
- Pink Gloves Controversy: Football Coach Apologizes After Benching 12-Year-Old For Honoring Mom With Breast Cancer
September 13 2012 1:07 PM
The pink gloves worn by youth football player Julian Connerton ignited controversy after his coach benched him for wearing the accessories, which the 12-year-old donned to support his mother's breast cancer battle.
- Jim Calhoun Press Conference: Watch FREE Live Stream Online of Connecticut Coach's Retirement
September 13 2012 11:15 AM
Watch a free live stream online of Jim Calhoun’s press conference. The Connecticut coach is retiring from college basketball.
- Is Chris Brown Copying Rihanna With His Newest Tattoo?: The 'Forever' Singer Gets Latest Ink In Same Location As His Ex-Love [SLIDESHOW]
September 13 2012 9:46 AM
Is Chris Brown trying to make a bold statement? That seems to be the question after his two latest tattoos are causing a media frenzy
- Jim Calhoun Retiring From UConn Basketball Program [REPORT]
September 12 2012 8:09 PM
Jim Calhoun, the legendary coach of the University of Connecticut Huskies men's basketball team, is expected to announce Thursday that he is retiring from the program, according to news reports
- Kathy Bates Has Double Mastectomy After Diagnosed With Cancer: 'I Don't Miss My Breasts As Much As I Miss Harry's Law'
September 12 2012 4:19 PM
Kathy Bates has had to battle cancer for a second time after having to undergo a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer nine years after she surviving ovarian cancer, People reported.
- Sam Bacile And His Low-Budget Anti-Muslim Movie: Is It All A Hoax?
September 12 2012 2:29 PM
Is there really a Sam Bacile, and does his movie, "Innocence of Muslims," even exist? So far only scant details have emerged about a filmmaker whose low-budget movie sparked deadly in Egypt and Libya that left four Americans dead.
- 9/11 Health Toll Still Hazy After 11 Years
September 11 2012 4:00 PM
Between 40,000 and 90,000 emergency workers and volunteers spent time sifting through the remains at Ground Zero, and were exposed to toxic materials that have been blamed for a range of respiratory illnesses and other ailments.
- India’s Nuclear Power Conundrum: Energy Needs Vs. Safety Concerns
September 11 2012 11:07 AM
India currently has 20 operational nuclear power reactors in India in six states. Seven more plants are under construction and at least 36 more projects are on the drawing board.