Articles by Chevron
- Brazil To Fine Chevron For November Oil Spill By July
June 04 2012 6:41 PM
Brazil's oil regulator announced Monday it could affix a fine Chevron Corp., would have to pay for a November oil spill off the coast of Rio de Janeiro by this summer.
- Ecuadoreans Sue In Canada To Force Chevron To Pay $18 Billion
May 31 2012 1:32 PM
Thousands of Ecuadoreans this week are trying to force Chevron Corp., the second-largest U.S. oil and gas company, into complying with a verdict and paying billions in environmental fines resulting from a decade-long pollution case.
- NY Comptroller To Chevron: Time To Pay $18 Billion Ecuador Fine
May 25 2012 5:14 PM
New York Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli renewed his call on Friday that Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX), the second-largest oil company in the U.S., settle its legal battle against a multibillion-dollar judgment in Ecuador, to avoid further damaging its reputation and shareholder value.
- Oil Sheen Spotted Near Brazilian Offshore Oil Platform
May 17 2012 5:00 PM
Brazilian naval authorities are investigating yet another oil sheen seen floating near a platform owned by state oil company Petrobras.
- Chevron Expulsion From Brazil 'Unlikely,' Says Petrobras
May 17 2012 11:24 AM
Brazilian oil company Petrobras, which helps U.S.-based Chevron develop offshore oil fields in Brazil, said regulators there are not likely to shut down Chevron's operations in the Frade oil field in the wake of oil spills.
- Japan's Tepco, Mitsubishi To Buy 10% Stake In Chevron Natural Gas Field
May 16 2012 1:03 PM
The Japanese government and local companies will buy a 10 percent stake in Chevron Corp. (CVX)'s Wheatstone natural gas field in Australia for 350 billion yen ($4.37 billion), Nikkei newspaper reported.
- Ukraine To Increase Natural Gas Production, Decrease Dependence On Russian Energy
May 15 2012 5:03 PM
Ukrainian Prime Minster Mykola Azarov announced on Tuesday that Ukraine will ramp up its natural gas production by up to 25 percent over the next three years, a move that could help the country break free of its energy dependence on neighboring Russia.
- Chevron Shareholders Ask SEC To Investigate Company Disclosures On $18B Ecuador Judgment
May 14 2012 6:35 PM
A group of Chevron Corp., shareholders has asked that the Securities and Exchange Commission investigate claims the oil major is not fully disclosing the effect that a multi-billion dollar environmental case in Ecuador would have on the company and its numerous stakeholders.
- Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Shell (NYSE:RDS-A) Natural Gas Expansion
May 11 2012 3:03 AM
Chevron (NYSE:CVX), Shell (NYSE:RDS-A) nearing Ukraine Nat Gas deals. Chevron Corp. and Royal Dutch Shell PLC are set to be named by Ukraine to explore 2 vast fields for shale Gas exploration, it was reported Thursday.
- ALEC's Corporate Members: Full List Released by Common Cause
May 07 2012 3:09 PM
The corporate members of ALEC task forces was revealed by the watchdog group Common Cause.
- Oil, Stocks, Yields Tumble: Daily Markets Wrap
May 04 2012 4:12 PM
Disappointing jobs growth in the U.S., together with shrinking manufacturing and services activity in the euro zone, had equities and commodities in retreat and bond yields down. News this weekend isn't likely to calm jitters, with elections in both Greece and France, which may get its first new socialist president since 1981.
- Obama Administration To Restrict Fracking: Report
May 04 2012 12:58 PM
The Obama administration will reportedly restrict hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, by promulgating a set of rules governing such practices on federal land.
- Pre-Market Movers (DGI, LNKD, VE, DB, DOW, NRF, SDRL, AIG)
May 04 2012 7:28 AM
The companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trade Friday are: DigitalGlobe Inc, Linkedin Corporation, Veolia Environnement, Deutsche Bank, The Dow Chemical Company, Northstar Realty Finance Corp and Seadrill Ltd American International Group Inc.
- Mitsui, Mitsubishi Buy Stake in Woodside's Browse LNG Project
May 01 2012 10:36 AM
Woodside Petroleum Limited (AX: WPL) sold a 14.7 percent stake in its Browse liquid natural gas (LNG) development project for $2 billion to a Japanese joint venture operated by Mitsui & Company Limited and Mitsubishi Corporation, the Australian company announced Tuesday.
- Wall Street Eyeing 4th Day of Gains; Amazon, Expedia Jump
April 27 2012 1:07 PM
Stocks rose modestly on Friday, putting equities on track for a fourth day of gains as more strong earnings partially offset a weaker-than-expected reading on economic growth.
- Strong Earnings Lift Wall Street But GDP Weighs
April 27 2012 12:10 PM
Stocks edged higher on Friday, again driven by strong corporate earnings that partially offset a weaker-than-expected reading on economic growth, extending three days of gains.
- US Futures Range-Bound Ahead Of GDP Data
April 27 2012 7:20 AM
Futures on major US stock indices remained range-bound Friday ahead of the release of the economic data, which include key GDP figures.
- South China Sea Disputes Intensify After Philippine-U.S. War Games In Palawan
April 26 2012 12:36 PM
The South China Sea may appear to be little more than a vast bay filled with rocky uninhabited islands. But global trade routes and underlying oil reserves have made this body of water the frontline for a tense standoff between China, the Philippines and the United States.
- Exxon Mobil Raises Dividend 21%, Becomes World's Highest Payer
April 25 2012 6:18 PM
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE: XOM) will increase its quarterly dividend 21 percent to become the largest corporate dividend payer, according to Standard & Poor's on Wednesday.
- Repsol Threatens Investors In Argentina With Legal Action
April 23 2012 12:55 PM
Spanish oil company Repsol threatened on Monday legal action against any investors helping newly nationalized Argentine oil company YPF develop oil resources previously discovered by the Spanish firm.