Articles by Chevron
- Venezuela to Compensate American Oil Companies for Nationalization?
August 04 2011 11:29 AM
If Cuba's Fidel Castro is America's favorite Latin American bête noire, then Venezuela's Hugo Chavez qualifies as Washington's reigning Prince of Darkness.
- Wall Street ends worst week in year on debt stalemate
July 29 2011 8:24 PM
Stocks ended the worst week in a year as time runs out on Washington to reach agreement before the government loses its ability to borrow money.
- Wall Street Falls in Latest Twist to Debt Squabble
July 29 2011 1:35 PM
Stocks slid back into the red on Friday after remarks from a prominent Senate Democrat gave investors another reason to back away from stocks heading into a weekend full of uncertainty over default.
- Futures Dip After U.S. Debt Impasse; GDP Eyed
July 29 2011 8:07 AM
Stock index futures fell on Friday after lawmakers in Washington delayed a vote on a Republican proposal to raise the U.S. government's debt limit.
- The Energy Report - Debt Crisis Bingo.
July 28 2011 9:14 AM
What country are they going to call out today! While everyone thought the US would dominate traders' minds, it was Greece, Spain and Italy that caught the market by surprise. If you have them in that order then yell Bingo. Who thought that it would be Europe that would raise its ugly head and drive the Euro and oil lower? In fact we may have overcome yesterday's bearish EIA report but the weakness in the Euro kept oil on its back. The question is can oil stay weak as the US debt saga drag...
- Top 10 Biggest Companies in US (PHOTOS)
July 09 2011 6:59 AM
Time Inc.'s Fortune magazine released its annual Fortune Global 500 list, which is a ranking of the top 500 corporations worldwide as measured by revenue. Start slideshow to view a gallery of the top 10 biggest companies in the US.
- World's Top 10 Largest Companies (SLIDESHOW)
July 08 2011 10:06 AM
Time Inc.'s Fortune magazine released its annual World's largest corporations ranked by revenue that appeared in its annual Fortune Global 500 list.
- Are We Ready For Another $150 Oil Price Shock?
July 06 2011 8:58 AM
A recent Barron's article predicted that oil prices could top $150 next year and if this becomes true it could wreak havoc on the global economy with a devastating impact.
- Big anti-Chevron banner under Richmond Bridge gets environmental activists into trouble(video)
May 25 2011 12:04 AM
A big banner with the words Chevron Guilty: Clean Up Amazon fluttering under Richmond-San Rafael bridge on Monday morning, hung by 5 environmentalists who have accused the energy giant of causing rainforest pollution in Amazon,have got them into trouble.
- Stocks surge on commodity rally
May 18 2011 5:49 PM
Stocks rallied broadly today supported by a surge in commodity prices.
- U.S. Stocks Drop, Along With Commodities
May 11 2011 4:57 PM
U.S. stocks dropped sharply (wiping out this week’s advances) in tandem with plunging commodity prices
- World Market Overview 04/12/2011
April 12 2011 1:30 PM
U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday as Alcoa sales missed estimates and energy stocks declined as oil prices plunged more than 3 percent.
- US stocks decline after Alcoa earnings; Oil plunges
April 12 2011 10:36 AM
U.S. stocks fell in early trade on Tuesday as Alcoa sales missed estimates and energy stocks declined as oil prices plunged more than 2 percent.
- U.S. House Budget Plans Would Jeopardize National Scientific Research Facilities (FULL TEXT)
April 11 2011 7:22 AM
It is important that the United States begin to live within its means and address the federal deficit. But the American Physical Society (APS) believes that as a nation we need to be smart about how we do it. Cutting spending across the board without a clear understanding of what it means for America's future jeopardizes the very future we want to secure for our children.
- Top 10 Largest U.S. Companies [SLIDESHOW]
April 09 2011 8:35 AM
Here is a list of top ten largest U.S. companies by market capitalization.
- US stocks slightly higher in early trade
April 08 2011 10:01 AM
U.S. stocks slightly advanced in early trade on Friday, led by gains from energy and material shares as commodity prices surged expectations of stronger demand and weaker dollar.
- THE MASTERS: Tiger Woods Press Conference (Complete Text)
April 05 2011 7:20 PM
Golf legend Tiger Woods answers questions at a press conference.
- Valero to buy Chevron's U.K. oil refinery
March 11 2011 10:43 AM
Valero Energy Corp. (NYSE: VLO) said it has agreed to acquire Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX)'s Pembroke oil refinery in Wales, U.K., as part of a deal valued at up to $1.73 billion.
- U.S. stocks plunge on slew of negative news, including Saudi unrest
March 10 2011 5:41 PM
U.S. stocks plummeted on a slew of troubling developments, including a surprising trade deficit in China, a downgrade of Spain’s debt, along with fears over the impact on oil price by pervasive unrest in the Middle East and North Africa.
- CNPC, Chevron build capacity in joint China gas project
February 24 2011 12:48 PM
CNPC and Chevron have started building gas production capacity at the Chuandongbei gas field in southwestern Sichuan province, the top Chinese oil and gas firm said on Thursday, more than three years after they inked a cooperation deal.