Articles by Chevron
- US Senate Votes To Start Debate On Ending Subsidies For Big Oil
March 26 2012 6:48 PM
Despite Monday's 92-4 vote, Republicans are likely to kill the bill later this week if, as expected, they're not allowed by the Senate's Democratic leadership to propose amendments.
- Chevron Won't Be Expelled From Brazil Despite Oil Leaks
March 26 2012 4:44 PM
Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX) the second largest U.S. oil company, will not be expelled from Brazil for pollution, a government official said.
- Dow, S&P 500 edge higher on energy strength
March 23 2012 12:49 PM
Stocks mostly inched higher on Friday as rising energy shares offset early weakness, though the S&P 500 remained on track to break a five-week streak of gains.
- Brazilian Official Downplays Chevron Violations In Offshore Leak
March 22 2012 10:12 PM
Chevron's offenses in the drilling of a well that caused an offshore oil spill in November did not amount to negligence, Brazil's oil regulator said Thursday.
- Stock Index Futures Point To Lower Opening
March 22 2012 6:28 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a lower opening on Wall Street on Thursday, with futures for the S&P 500 down 0.6 percent, Dow Jones futures down 0.57 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures down 0.58 percent at 1000 GMT.
- Brazil Charges Chevron, Transocean Executives For Oil Spill
March 21 2012 4:18 PM
Brazilian prosecutors filed criminal charges against Chevron (NYSE: CVX) and Transocean (NYSE: RIG) executives Wednesday for their role in a November offshore oil spill.
- Chevron Executives Face Criminal Charges for Brazilian Oil Spill
March 21 2012 2:16 PM
Chevron (NYSE: CVX) oil executives face criminal charges in Brazil after company drilling caused an oil spill in the South Atlantic.
- Brazilian Regulators Continue Monitoring Chevron Undersea Oil Leak
March 21 2012 9:30 AM
Chevron officials announced Wednesday the company's most recent oil spill off the coast of Brazil is not linked to a previous oil leak in November.
- Royal Dutch Shell, CNPC Ink First Chinese Shale Gas Production-Sharing Deal
March 21 2012 9:15 AM
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (NYSE:RDS) signed Wednesday the first-ever production sharing contract with China's state-owned China National Petroleum Corp., or CNPC, as the world's second largest economy seeks to develop its untapped reserves, similar to those that gave rise to the U.S. natural gas boom, with the help of foreign technology.
- Chevron, Transocean Execs Held In Brazil Over Oil Spill
March 19 2012 8:38 AM
Chevron, before a recent leak off Brazil, was blamed for spilling about 3,000 barrels of oil last November. The detention of the foreign executives raises questions about Brazil's willingness to pursue offshore drilling.
- Chevron Reports Oil Leak Off Brazil Coast, Suspends Production
March 15 2012 4:30 PM
Just as Chevron Corp., the second-largest U.S.-based oil company, hoped to restart its offshore drilling operations in Brazilian waters, the company experienced a setback.
- Chevron Gets Federal Judge To Consider Order Barring $18 Billion Ecuador Claim
March 15 2012 2:01 PM
Chevron on Thursday continued its attempts at not paying billions in environmental fines for pollution the company says it didn't commit.
- Chevron Waiting To Resume Offshore Drilling In Brazil
March 14 2012 1:49 PM
Chevron, the second largest oil and natural gas company in the U.S. is hoping to resume offshore drilling in Brazil as soon as possible.
- Chevron Renews Bid To Toss Ecuador Pollution Damage Claim
March 08 2012 4:04 PM
The U.S.-based oil giant is questioning the judicial conduct of Nicholas Zambano after the Ecuadorean jurist was dismissed for improperly freeing an alleged drug trafficker.
- Russian Election: Putin Back at Helm of Energy Empire
March 05 2012 3:39 PM
Vladimir Putin declared victory in Sunday's election, but it remains to be seen how much power he'll wield over his country's vast stockpiles of oil and natural gas when he returns to the presidency in May.
- Chevron and Russia Discuss Arctic Exploration
March 01 2012 1:33 PM
Chevron executives met this week with Russian government representatives about possible oil exploration by the U.S. company in Russia's Arctic.
- Apple Crosses $500 Billion in Market Value: Top 5 American Companies in Terms of Market Capitalization
March 01 2012 12:55 AM
Apple saw its stock market value close above $500 billion on Wednesday to become the most valuable company in the world at present.
- Chevron Boosted in Bid To Get $18 Bln Ecuador Judgment Reversed
February 28 2012 12:12 PM
An international legal panel based in the Netherlands has decided that it has jurisdiction over a pollution case in Ecuador brought by aboriginals against California-based Chevron. The panel could void damages awarded in the case.
- S&P 500 Rises to Highest Level Since 2008
February 25 2012 1:06 AM
The Standard & Poor's 500-stock index closed Friday at its highest level since June 2008 as a result of the rise of the U.S. stocks subsequent to increasing confidence on revival of economic situation with the approval of the Greece bailout package.
- Rise and Rise of U.S. Gasoline Prices: Wall Street and Big Oil to Blame?
February 24 2012 7:24 AM
Everyone agrees the days of cheap gasoline are over. The pain at the pump is forcing people to cut down gasoline usage, and there has been a big drop in gasoline demand in the country. At the same time, domestic production is booming, with the number of rigs just in U.S. oil fields more than quadrupling in the past three years.