Articles by Chevron
- Brazil: Oil Leak Off Rio de Janeiro Caused by Chevron Drilling
November 14 2011 4:19 PM
Brazil's oil agency said a link exists between the company's drilling operations and the seep on the ocean floor which has so far released up to 650 barrels of oil into the ocean.
- Chevron: Cause of Oil Leak in Brazil Still Under Investigation
November 14 2011 10:26 AM
Efforts made by Chevron Brazil officials to control an ocean-floor oil leak off the coast of Brazil continue.
- Tiger Woods Dead? Nope. Just a Twitter, Facebook Hoax
November 11 2011 2:33 PM
Is Tiger Woods Dead? That's what people on Twitter or asking since a lot of buzz about his passing began taking over Twitter and Facebook on Friday.
- Chevron: Brazil Oil Leak Not Due To Company's Production Activities
November 10 2011 5:46 PM
U.S. oil and gas major Chevron Corp. said an oil leak off the coast of Brazil near its Frade field does not appear to be caused by the company's production activities in the area.
- Chevron Trying to Close Off-Shore Oil Spill
November 10 2011 11:23 AM
Chevron's Brazilian outfit working to plug an ocean-floor oil spill off Brazilian coast.
- U.S. WCoast Products-Prices Fall on Restarts
November 09 2011 6:44 PM
Gasoline and diesel prices fell in the Portland, Oregon, market as two refineries finished seasonal overhauls, traders said.
- Sky Metalwala Missing: Parents Have Previous Record of Reckless Endangerment
November 07 2011 1:52 PM
Toddles' mother left him alone in an unlocked car for an hour
- Asian Stocks and Commodities Slip After Japanese Move Boosts Dollar
October 31 2011 4:20 AM
Asian shares fell Monday and commodities slipped as the dollar spiked to a three-month high against the yen following Japan's intervention, prompting investors to book profits after last week's rally.
- Wall St, Finishing Flat, Posts 4 Weeks of Gains
October 29 2011 2:11 AM
U.S. stocks closed out a fourth week of gains in quiet fashion on Friday, edging higher as the market took a breather after rallying 3 percent on Europe's deal to stem its debt crisis.
- Wall Street Dips after Rally, HP Shares Jump
October 28 2011 12:28 PM
Stocks edged lower on Friday as investors paused following a powerful rally that propelled the S&P 500 index almost 20 percent since briefly dipping into bear market territory earlier this month.
- U.S. Stock Futures Signal Lower Open After Rally
October 28 2011 4:42 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a weaker open for equities on Friday after strong gains in the previous session, with futures for the S&P 500, the Dow Jones and the Nasdaq 100 down 0.4 to 0.5 percent.
- Stocks in Focus (CVX, AMD, CI, AON, BIIB, IPG, WHR, ERTS, GT, COL, MRK)
October 28 2011 3:35 AM
The companies that are expected to see active trade on Friday are: Chevron Corp, Advanced Micro Devices, Cigna Corp, Aon Corp, Biogen Idec, Interpublic Group of Companies, Whirlpool Corp, Electronic Arts, Goodyear Tire & Rubber, Rockwell Collins and Merck & Co Inc.
- LA Gasoline Jumps 12 Cents on Shut Chevron FCC-Trade
October 27 2011 2:10 PM
Wholesale gasoline differentials jumped 12 cents a gallon in the Los Angeles market on Thursday morning on talk of a shut gasoline production unit at California's largest refinery, traders said.
- Oil Majors to Post Strong Quarterly Profits but Investors Uncertain about 2012
October 21 2011 10:36 AM
Investors in the world's biggest oil companies are expected to look beyond the bumper profits the groups will announce next week on the back of higher oil prices, and seek clues on how the companies can maintain income growth as crude stabilizes.
- House Democrats Urge Super Committee to End $122 Billion in Big Oil Tax Subsidies
October 19 2011 5:11 PM
A group of 35 progressive Democrats has asked the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction Committee -- the super committee -- to end billions of dollars worth of tax subsidies for the fossil fuels industry.
- BP Expands Investments in North Sea Oil Properties
October 13 2011 9:50 AM
All told, BP and its partners will invest nearly £10 billion ($15.7 billion) in North Sea oil and gas properties over the next five years.
- Voting smooth as Liberians choose president
October 11 2011 2:44 PM
Liberians queued peacefully in the rain on Tuesday for the West African state's second presidential election since its civil war, with incumbent Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf bidding for a second term.
- There will be tax breaks: Investing in oil and gas drilling
October 03 2011 3:38 PM
Seated in the conference room of his wealth management firm in San Ramon, Calif., Rich Arzaga breaks out a few tools to explain the investment advantages of oil and gas drilling programs. He’s got a fine-point pen and a sketch pad — but alas, no milkshake a la Daniel Day-Lewis in “There Will Be Blood.”
- Crude Oil Outlook 2012
October 03 2011 3:36 AM
In afternoon trading Friday, WTI Crude Oil has fallen below 80 bbl, and end the month off 10%. Given the weak economic news that came out this month, it is any wonder the price did not sink deeper. What happened to Crude Oil's price was predictable. What happens next is less predictable. The impact on the top line results at integrated Oil companies like Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM), Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX), and ConocoPhillips Corp. (NYSE:COP) should be moderated somewhat by the strength in...
- Chevron to Unveil Solar Oilfield Project Monday
September 30 2011 6:19 PM
Chevron Corp will unveil on Monday a solar oilfield project that has been hit by cost overruns and delays but serves as a showcase for the technology of Chevron-backed solar thermal company BrightSource Energy.