- Chicago Teachers Suspend Strike
September 18 2012 6:42 PM
Chicago's teachers voted late Tuesday afternoon to return to the classroom after more than a week on the picket lines.
- Abortions Increase By 25 Percent In Pro-Life Arizona
September 18 2012 5:14 PM
Despite the spike in pregnancy terminations, the state health department continues to stand by its abstinence-only education program.
- Dwight Howard's Back May be a Concern for the Lakers
September 18 2012 3:41 PM
Dwight Howard will miss the start of Los Angeles Lakes training camp after having back surgery. When will the L.A. big man return?
- Court Deals New Setback To Pennsylvania Voter ID Law
September 18 2012 2:47 PM
The law mandating photo ID to vote in Pennsylvania, which Republicans like and Democrats hate, hits a fresh snag as the state Supreme Court sends it back to a lower jurisdiction..
- Deal Or No Deal? Chicago Teachers Union To Meet On Contract, Ending Strike
September 18 2012 12:03 PM
Chicago teachers and students could be back in the classroom soon, as union delegates meet Tuesday to look over a deal, possibly ending the strike.
- Obama Administration Scores Point In Fight To Keep Indefinite Detention Powers
September 18 2012 11:37 AM
A federal judge has halted a recent court ruling that sharply questioned the federal government's power to indefinitely detain terror suspects -- but the issue won't be solved until later this month at the earliest.
- John Ingle, Edward Quartermaine On 'General Hospital,' Dies At 84
September 18 2012 10:59 AM
Actor John Ingle, a mainstay on "General Hospital" for nearly two decades, died this week after losing his battle with cancer. He was 84.
- Clemency Denied For Pennsylvania Inmate Who Killed His Alleged Sexual Abuser
September 18 2012 9:59 AM
Terry Williams, who killed his sexual abuser, is scheduled to die by lethal injection on Oct. 3.
- Pakistan Bows To Court Demand In Zardari Corruption Probe
September 18 2012 9:42 AM
Pakistan's Supreme Court finally got its way late Tuesday in a long-simmering row regarding President Asif Ali "Mr. 10 Percent" Zardari's unwillingness to respond to a Swiss inquiry into his alleged corruption dating back to his days as a high-ranking official under his wife Benazir Bhutto's second administration.
- French Court Verdict: Kate Middleton Photos To Be Turned Over To Her At Noon
September 18 2012 9:28 AM
A French court ruling stipulated that the magazine must cease printing all photos and turn all digital copies over to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- 3 Reports To Shed Light On US Housing Sector
September 18 2012 6:12 AM
Three key U.S. housing reports Wednesday are expected to show small improvements in the market.
- Ronald Post: Death Row Convict Says He is Too Fat To Be Executed
September 18 2012 4:42 AM
An Ohio convict, sentenced to death by lethal injection early next year, has requested that his execution be delayed, arguing that he is to obese to be executed.
- Anti-Muslim Filmmaker Nakoula And Family Go Into Hiding
September 17 2012 10:00 PM
The family of a California man linked to an anti-Islam film that is still triggering global protests went into hiding Monday, with sheriff's deputies escorting them from their home to an undisclosed location, authorities said.
- French Court Rules Tuesday On Kate Middleton Bid To Suppress Topless Photos
September 17 2012 9:23 PM
Efforts by Prince William and Kate Middleton's lawyers were made on Monday regarding topless photos taken of Middleton while she was on vacation when they asked a French court to stop further publication, Business Week reported.
- Lindsay Lohan Posts Angry Tweet About Amanda Bynes: Five Celebs Who Should Get Off Twitter
September 17 2012 6:36 PM
Lindsay Lohan isn't too happy that she served jail time in 2010 after multiple driving related arrests but Amanda Bynes hasn't. Lohan took to Twitter to express her disdain for the fact that Bynes has yet to be punished for her DUI and reckless driving. Though Lohan makes a valid point, her post comes after a string of bizarre tweets. The starlet and several other celebs have made a habit of sharing nonsensical musings with the world.
- Sandusky to be Sentenced After October 9 Predator Hearing
September 17 2012 3:09 PM
The convicted child molester faces up to 373 years in prison.
- Church of Scientology Blasts Vanity Fair?s Tom Cruise Expose As ?Shoddy Journalism? And ?Religious Bigotry? [Read Letter]
September 17 2012 2:12 PM
Jeffrey K. Riffer, a lawyer for the Church of Scientology, wrote an eight-page letter to Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter hoping to stop an expose of the church from ever being published.
- Daily Summary on USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AUD, CAD and RMB
September 17 2012 2:00 PM
The dollar this morning, with the dollar index remaining below the key 80.0 level for a fifth?straight day. While stocks and commodities have begun the week in the red as investors remain skeptical about the health of the US economic recovery, the Fed's plan to buy mortgage?backed securities and far?dated Treasuries is sapping demand for the dollar's relative safety. However, the initial negative impact of QE3 on the dollar may be already be lessening as the ongoing debt crisis in Europe ...
- Hamas Court Convicts Four Palestinians In Murder Of Italian Activist
September 17 2012 12:51 PM
Four members of a Palestinian terrorist group have been convicted by a Hamas-led court in Gaza in the 2011 murder of pro-Palestinian activist, Vittorio Arrigoni.
- Usher Admits To Oprah That He Was Not Ready To Marry Tameka Foster, And Opens Up About Cheating Allegations
September 17 2012 11:27 AM
Usher sat down with Oprah at his home in Atlanta for the first candid interview since he filed for divorce in 2009 with his ex-wife Tameka Foster, and his revelations were shocking