- Asian shares eased Tuesday ahead of a key German ruling on the euro zone's bailout funds and the U.S. Federal Reserve's policy decision.
- In a match that lasted four hours and 54 minutes, Murray became the first tennis player from the U.K. to win a title since Fred Perry in 1936.
- US Gold futures finished pit trade lower Monday on profit taking and chart consolidation. Prices backed down a bit from last week's strong gains that saw prices Friday hit 6 month high at 1,745.40. The Key outside markets were mildly Bearish for precious metals Monday, as the USD index was slightly higher and Crude Oil prices were slightly lower.
Kim Sears and Jelena Ristic Pictures: Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic’s Girlfriends at US Open Final [PHOTOS]Andy Murray takes on Novak Djokovic in the 2012 US Open men’s final. Here are pictures of their girlfriends, Kim Sears and Jelena Ristic, rooting them on.
- A look at five players likely to be on Chelsea's radar heading into the next transfer window.
US Open Men’s Final 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Djokovic vs. Murray; Start Time, Prediction, PreviewWatch live coverage of the US Open men's final as Novak Djokovic takes on Andy Murray, plus a full preview and prediction.
- The USD recouped some of its losses from late last week as concerns over the European debt crisis and the slowdown in global growth partially offset expectations of further Fed easing. Nevertheless, the dollar remains towards the bottom of its recent ranges after last week's disappointing NFP report led investors to up their bets that the Fed will unveil a third round of quantitative easing. However, QE3 would likely need to be structured differently than the Fed's first two rounds of asse...
- Former Iraqi Vice-President Tareq al-Hashemi has been sentenced to death in absentia for the murders of two people, and is due to be sentenced for 150 other charges of violence between 2005 and 2011. Meanwhile, sectarian violence between Sunni and Shitte Muslims in Iraq may be growing.
- GOLD MARKET FUNDAMENTALS: (6:00 AM CST) The gold market is trading somewhat lower this morning following a big breakout to the upside on Friday. Inflationary expectations are on the rise in anticipation of the Fed embarking on a third round of quantitative easing, which could be announced when the FOMC meets this Wednesday and Thursday. There has been some question as to whether they would make any substantial move ahead of the election for fear that they would appear "too political," but ...
- Katie Holmes appeared in public for the first time since splitting with her ex-husband, Tom Cruise, to present an award at the 2012 Style Awards in New York, and the star, whose career has recently seen a sudden upswing, seems to be about to turn another corner in her life.
- The Euro slipped to 1.2768 as Greece's Pasok party warned that the Troika - the European Union, European Central Bank, and the International Monetary fund - rejected more than EUR 2.0B of the proposed EUR 11.5B austerity program, while Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti argued against the conditionality proposed by the ECB's new bond-purchasing program as the budget-cutting measures continue to dampen growth. At the same time, a German official filed a complaint against the ECB's non-st...
- There has been a lack of conviction in the markets this morning. EURUSD has fallen back from its 1.2810 high, and stocks are mixed to slightly lower since the London open. After their sharp falls on Friday, Spanish bond yields have started to climb higher, but not worryingly so. The 10-year yield is now at 5.65%, however, Spain may end up being the undoing of the ECB's latest sovereign rescue plan as low or falling bond yields make it less likely that Madrid will formally request aid, which i...
- Serena Williams defeated Victoria Azarenka in three sets.
US Open Tennis 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Women's Final, Serena Williams vs. Victoria AzarenkaSerena Williams faces No. 1 ranked Victoria Azarenka in the women's US Open final Sunday afternoon.
- Four years ago This American Life first broadcast what would become one of the radio show’s most popular episodes ever, “The Ghost of Bobby Dunbar.” Reported by Tal McThenia, the story recounted one woman’s quest to find out the truth behind what had become the history of her family. Margaret Dunbar Cutright wanted to know if her grandfather was who everyone thought he was.
- Defense attorneys who represented O.J. Simpson during his 1994-95 murder trial have responded to new allegations that one of the most important pieces of evidence had been illegally tampered with.
- 17 years after the infamous OJ Simpson murder trial, a member of the prosecution made the claim that OJ Simpson's defense team manipulated the famous glove that ultimately helped lead to a not guilty verdict for Simpson.
Liberian Timber Wars Pit Poverty-Stricken Communities Against Secretive Big Loggers Given An Opening By The GovernmentForests are extremely important to Liberians, who rely upon vast wooded areas for everything from building supplies and medicine to water protection and game habitats. Recently, a government program turned over these critical regions to big logging firms in a misguided attempt to provide income and revenue for hard-hit communities. Can Ellen Sirleaf Johnson's administration curtail what it began?
- Amid the recent controversies relating to the exploitation of the endangered Jarawa tribes in the Andaman Islands of India, there is something to cheer about as the government has said that the population of the tribe has increased to 407.