- Terry Williams, who has spent nearly his entire adult life in prison, allegedly experienced long-term sexual abuse at the hands of the man he murdered in 1986.
- Kim Zolciak, best known as a personality on the Bravo series “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” gave birth to son Kash Kade just three weeks ago, but you wouldn’t know it based on the new shot the reality star snapped of herself on Twitter.
- Shepard Fairey, the artist behind the famous 2008 "HOPE" poster of President Barack Obama, was sentenced to two years of probation (which includes 300 hours of community service) and fined $25,000 in a New York Court on Friday.
- Two black men from California filed a discrimination suit against In-N-Out Burger, alleging the restaurant chain refused to hire them because of their race and age.
US Open Tennis 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Sharapova vs. Azarenka, Williams vs. Errani; Prediction, PreviewWatch live coverage of the women's semifinals from the US Open, plus get a full preview and prediction of both contests.
- Activists have filed a formal complaint with the state’s chief justice and also introduced an online campaign to condemn the judge and remove him from the bench.
- Rep. John Lewis recounted the story of his beating during "Bloody Sunday" 1965 in Selma, and warned of threats to voting rights.
- Members of the Yanomami tribe in the Amazon claim that a massacre took place in a settlement in Venezuela, where they say Brazilian miners killed nearly 80 people, seeking to gain unlicensed access to their lands.
- A newly reinstated negligence lawsuit against Carnival Cruise Line could become a pivotal piece of legislation in defining to what extent cruise ships may be held liable for criminal acts perpetrated against passengers at various ports of call.
- Some critics question the need for a poor region like Africa to even consider such an expensive project as going into space.
- Child beauty pageant contestant Alana Thompson, better known by her nickname "Honey Boo Boo Child" (which she gave herself), became an Internet sensation after appearing on the January season premiere of the TLC show "Toddlers & Tiaras." Thompson's fame grew so quickly that TLC even launched a spinoff show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," centering around Thompson and her family, but according to new reports, the family may not be making as big of a payoff as you might expect.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. But a labor group asserted they're made in China under abusive conditions
- On-duty Greek riot police clashed with a small contingent of colleagues on strike Thursday in an event that put an emotional climax to a week of protest in Greece.
US Open Tennis 2012: Watch Live Stream Online of Djokovic vs. Del Potro, Ferrer vs. Tipsarevic; Prediction, PreviewWatch live coverage of Thursday's play at the US Open, featuring the remaining men's quarterfinals, plus get a full preview and prediction.
- Nadia Lockyer, the former Alameda County supervisor, has added legal troubles to her marital woes after she was arrested on drug and child endangerment charges for allegedly having methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia in her home.
- A federal judge is allowing the most criticized piece of Arizona's tough immigration law to proceed, ushering in a new era of immigration enforcement in the state.
- Last week's arrest of Pirate Bay founder Gottfrid Svartholm was originally reported to be related to anti-piracy laws, but new reports claim that the BitTorrent download site creator is in custody over a hacking operation, which released the tax information of 9,000 Swedish people.
- A high court judge in India has come under attack after he said that it was okay for a man to beat his wife as long as he took good care of her.