Articles by Dubai
- Saudi King Buries Brother And Heir
June 17 2012 10:50 AM
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah prepared to bury his former heir, Crown Prince Nayef, on Sunday before naming a new successor at a challenging time for the world's top oil exporter and self-styled steward of Islam.
- Enforcement Of Outdated Law To Curb Alcohol Consumption In Indian City Brews Discontent
June 16 2012 6:48 AM
The announcement by the city authorities in Mumbai, the financial capital of India, last month that license would be needed for consuming alcohol have raised many eyebrows.
- $1.3 Billion Billboard In Dubai Is ?World?s Most Expensive Billboard,? Says Skydive Dubai [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
June 13 2012 11:52 AM
A billboard for Skydive Dubai and Denver-based Go Fast energy products in Dubai was named the World's Most Expensive Billboard by the companies, since it would cost $1.3 billion a month to operate around the clock. But how could a billboard cost that much to operate? Perhaps because of the man who flies around the billboard in the air in a jet pack, which costs over $500 per second.
- With Movie Theaters Banned, Saudi Filmmaker Makes YouTube Splash
June 09 2012 1:38 PM
Saudi Arabia doesn?t show movies, to avoid angering clerics. But young talents are flocking to the Internet, and hoping to change the kingdom -- one film at a time.
- Selling England By The Pound: UK Up For Sale To The Highest Foreign Bidders
June 07 2012 3:24 PM
Punters in London pubs say the power station is cursed, but its latest purchase is far from extraordinary. The influx of Asian and Arab investors to England -- as well as to the United States, France, Greece and elsewhere -- is emblematic of the current economic state of the world.
- Palm Islands Of Dubai Are World?s Largest Artificial Island Trio [PHOTOS]
June 06 2012 5:17 PM
Frequently called the eighth wonder of the world of Dubai, the Palm Islands in United Arab Emirates (UAE) are the world's largest artificial islands, each manmade into the shape of a palm tree.
- Crude Oil price decline hammers Saudi stock market
June 04 2012 12:30 PM
The Saudi benchmark index TASI closed 4.22% lower, closing at a 4-month bottom at 6,681.18, 150 out 151 traded shares declined, while insurance firm Allianz Saudi Fransi Cooperative was the only stock that gained, closing 0.26% higher at 95.25 Saudi Riyal (US$24.76).
- Gold Pauses after Rally Sparked by U.S. Data
June 04 2012 9:36 AM
Gold eased on Monday as losses on the wider financial markets prompted some selling after the metal's biggest one-day price rise in over three years, but it was supported by speculation the Federal Reserve could unveil a new round of monetary easing.
- Iraqi Oil Lease Auction Ends In Disappointment
May 31 2012 5:49 PM
Iraq's central government closed Thursday what has proven to be a disappointing two-day oil and gas lease auction sale that emphasized oil and gas exploration.
- Security Council To Meet On Syria; Regime Blames Massacre On Rebel 'Terrorists'
May 27 2012 9:15 AM
The U.N. Security Council is to meet Sunday afternoon to discuss the Houla massacre in Syria, diplomats said.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Canada Release Date Tipped in Ad, Pre-orders Available [REPORT]
May 25 2012 2:10 PM
As Europe prepares to get its hands on the Samsung Galaxy S3 on May 29, the U.S and Canada have only been given a tentative summer release date. However, an ad spotted by MobileSyrup has revealed that the phone will be released in Canada on June 20, with pre-orders starting now.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Released in Dubai a Week Early, Price: $666 [REPORT]
May 23 2012 2:41 PM
Millions of people have pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S3; eagerly awaiting its release on May 29, but various reports suggest that the phone has already been released in Dubai.
- Ayrault By Any Other Name: New French PM Is A Vulgar Term In Arabic
May 18 2012 3:11 PM
Brand new French President François Hollande has already made his first foreign policy blunder: appointing Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault, whose name will spark derisive snickering all across the Middle East.
- Virgin Atlantic Clears Cell Phone Usage For Takeoff, But It Will Cost You
May 16 2012 1:26 PM
If the Sir Richard Branson ice cubes aren't enough, Virgin Atlantic is giving travelers another reason to choose their airline - cell phone use has been cleared for takeoff by the company. The downfall? It will cost you.
- Pakistan Signals Rapprochement, May End Blockade On Afghan Route For NATO
May 15 2012 5:58 AM
The Pakistani government is considering reopening its Afghan border to NATO troop supplies, ahead of the military alliance's summit.
- MetaTrader 5 Integrated With Integral?s FX Grid
May 14 2012 4:13 AM
MetaQuotes Software Corp, a developer of software applications for financial markets, Monday announced the integration of its MetaTrader 5 Forex Trading Platform with Integral Development Corp's FX Grid.
- Crazy Juke-R Race Car Destroys Dubai Supercars in Desert Nemesis Video - And You Can Buy It
May 03 2012 3:59 PM
The wicked little Juke-R ? the unholy offspring of a Nissan Juke mated to GT-R engine ? can tear up the track at speeds up to 160 mph and recently starred in its own noir themed movie ?Desert Nemesis? as it faced off under the able hand of driver Lucas Ordonez against Dubai racing master Salah Salahuddin?s stable of supercars. And now Nissan says the car will be available to buy ? as least if you?re super-rich.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan?s Baby: Beti B Did Not Appear On 'Oprah?s Next Chapter'
May 01 2012 5:01 AM
All hopes of seeing Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Beti B on Oprah Winfrey's Next Chapter are dashed. When Winfrey visited India to film an episode of her new show there were rumors that the American chat show queen will introduce the smallest member of the Bachchan's family to the world on her show. There were also rumors that along with Beti B's debut, her name too would be revealed on the show.
- Novel Cellular Therapies Will Make Cardiac Treatment Affordable: Dr Mukesh Hariawala
April 29 2012 1:31 AM
Cellular therapies will change the landscape of treatment options for heart disease patients, making them economical for all classes of society, says eminent Indian American Heart Surgeon Dr Mukesh Hariawala.
- Abandoned Ferrari in Dubai Worth $1 Million Up For Auction [PHOTOS]
April 25 2012 8:13 AM
Last August, someone abandoned a Ferrari Enzo worth $1 million in Dubai will be up for auction by police on Wednesday along with 22 other supercars and luxury vehicles.