- Courting Cairo? Tehran Invites Egypt’s Morsi To Iranian Nuclear Facility
August 26 2012 3:02 PM
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi will visit one of Iran's nuclear facilities this week, adding to the growing speculation about his relationship with the Iranian regime.
- On Israel's Border With Syria, The Druze Still Love Assad. Or Do They?
August 25 2012 2:10 PM
Living on land annexed by Israel, but still close to Syria, Druze townspeople in the Golan Heights have put their chips on a tyrant they see as their defender from radical Islam. Some are rethinking that strategy.
- Non-Aligned Movement Members To Meet In Iran: Searching For Lost Clout?
August 24 2012 5:05 PM
The Non-Aligned Movement will be meeting in Tehran next week. But who they are, and what they might be doing at the summit, is and will most likely be of little consequence.
- Egypt's Morsi Orders Release Of Journalist Accused Of Slander, But Charges Not Dropped
August 24 2012 4:53 PM
Egypt's President Mohamed Morsi ordered the release of a journalist who was jailed for insulting him and used his self-declared legislative authority for the first time Thursday to protect journalists' freedom of press.
- North Korea And Iran, Two-Thirds Of George W. Bush's 'Axis of Evil,' To Meet In Tehran At NAM Summit
August 24 2012 2:31 PM
As North Korea's figurehead of state visits Iran for the Non-Aligned Movement summit from Aug. 26 to Aug. 31, the U.N. and the U.S. will be paying close attention to the development of these two nations' relationship.
- Egypt Assures Israel It's Committed To 1979 Peace Treaty: Report
August 24 2012 8:48 AM
This marks the highest-level contact so far between Israel and the Mohammed Morsi administration that took power in June following the country's first presidential elections.
- Has Machu Picchu, The 'Lost City Of The Incas,' Become A Victim Of Its Own Success?
August 23 2012 3:59 PM
The president of Peru announced plans Wednesday to build a new airport near Machu Picchu to attract more tourists, but conservationists argue that the pre-Columbian site is already overrun with visitors.
- Egypt Seeks $4.8-Billion Loan From IMF
August 23 2012 7:07 AM
The Egyptian government Wednesday sought a $4.8-billion loan from the International Monetary Fund to help boost the country's economy struggling to recover from a political turmoil since last year's uprising that led to the fall of President Hosni Mubarak.
- How Would Israel Bomb Iran?
August 22 2012 1:10 PM
What could Israel use in a strike against Iran? How would Iran defend itself, and what could it do afterwards?
- Saudi Aramco Looks To Red Sea For Offshore Exploration
August 22 2012 8:49 AM
Saudi Arabia will begin deep-water drilling in the Red Sea by the end of the year, says Khalid al Falih, president and CEO of Saudi Aramco, the world's largest oil company.
- Iran Unveils Missile, Defense Site In An 'Implied Threat’ To U.S., Israel; Appears Keen On Restoring Egypt Ties
August 22 2012 7:17 AM
Iran announced an ungraded version of a short-range ballistic missile system, the Fatah-110 or Conqueror at a ceremony Tuesday presided over by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Planets Balanced On Giza Pyramids? Not So Fast, Astronomer Says
August 21 2012 1:09 PM
Perhaps you've seen a Photoshopped picture showing three planets in our solar system perfectly aligned with the tips of Egyptian pyramids. One astronomer explains how the celestial event scheduled for later this year won't be quite as dramatic as advertised.
- 30 Years Later, Egypt Takes Tentative Steps To 'Re-Friend' Iran
August 20 2012 3:13 PM
Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi will visit Iran at the end of August, the first time an Egyptian leader has visited Iran in more than 30 years.
- Israel Deploys Rocket Shield Near Egyptian Border
August 20 2012 6:53 AM
The Israeli Defense Force has deployed an Iron Dome air defense system in the town of Eilat to intercept and destroy rockets, days after the town along the Egyptian border came under rocket fire, a military spokesperson said Monday.
- 'Sharpies Parties' Use Social Media To Galvanize Anger Vs. Foreclosed Homes
August 17 2012 12:42 PM
Amid the continue foreclosure crisis, some young people are taking to social media to redirect their frustration and coordinate larger acts of vandalism against abandoned properties.
- NAM Summit In Iran Likely To Reveal West’s True Allies And Foes
August 16 2012 6:47 AM
The upcoming Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran, quite ironically, has become a stage to gauge the member nations' stand on certain international issues, though the world's largest single political coalition doesn't promise support to any major power bloc.
- Italian Town Sparks Outrage By Memorializing Fascist War Criminal
August 15 2012 3:30 PM
Controversy has erupted in Italy after a small town east of Rome built a memorial to a Fascist military leader, using public funds.
- Pre-Opening Wheat Market Report
August 15 2012 11:17 AM
September Chicago wheat is trading 8 cents higher near 7:30 am CST. Kansas City and Minneapolis wheat are trading slightly higher as well. Chicago wheat bounced for the second straight night following its sharp decline yesterday. The November Matif Milling Wheat contract traded 2 Euros higher overnight. European markets traded lower with Asia overnight and investors fear the economic contraction in the Euro Zone will continue until further action from the ECB. German Bonds hit a 6 week low overn...
- Pre-Opening Wheat Market Report
August 14 2012 10:41 AM
September Chicago wheat is trading 8 cents higher near 7:30 am CST. Kansas City and Minneapolis wheat are trading slightly higher as well. Wheat markets saw a steady to higher trade overnight as traders await the results of another Egyptian tender which was released late yesterday afternoon. The November Matif Milling Wheat contract is trading marginally higher. European markets opened slightly stronger overnight after better than expected economic data was reported out of Germany and France.
- Former Syrian PM Claims Assad’s Regime On Verge Of Collapse
August 14 2012 9:26 AM
Riyad Hijab, who became the most senior Syrian official to abandon Assad and is now in Amman, Jordan.