- Zynga Confirms New COO Maytal Ginzburg Olsha To Lead Entry Into Real Money Gambling
September 13 2012 7:05 PM
Following its latest round of departures and continued erratic performance at the stock market, Zynga's future prospects have been looking increasingly bleak. Critics and industry analysts actually began counting the number of high-profile employees and executives left at the San Francisco-based social game developer, leading many to wonder how exactly the company hoped to recover from its current financial dilemma. On Thursday, the company finally offered up some details when it confirmed th...
- Mideast Unrest Over Anti-Islam Film Spreads, But Leaders And Some Civilians Sympathize With US
September 13 2012 4:29 PM
Another U.S. embassy was attacked on Thursday, this time in Yemen, but despite the slight spread of anti-American protests, several world leaders, not to mention their citizens, have come out in support of the U.S.
- Facebook Ad Exchange Boasts Massive Return On Investment; Is The Social Network Finally Ready To Take On Google?
September 13 2012 4:26 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) experienced a brief respite this week following several weeks of dismal business prospects and plummeting share prices. Launching an initial beta mode of its new advertising system known as Facebook Exchange Facebook Exchange (FBX), advertising partners revealed good news that might finally reverse the SanFrancisco-based social media giant's post-IPO fortunes: Facebook is now better at gathering advertising clicks from web users than its fellow internet giant and chief r...
- North Carolina Community Rallies In Support Of Cabbie Brutally Assaulted By Marine [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 4:00 PM
Businesses in the Topsail Island region of North Carolina are teaming up to support a taxi cab driver who was savagely beaten reportedly by a U.S. Marine on Sept. 9. The cabbie, identified as Charles Hawkesworth Jr., has been recovering from the attack and will almost certainly be given a morale boost when local bars, restaurants, musicians, and residents come together this Sunday at the "Roving Band in the Sand Benefit for Charles."
- Adam Sandler Dead? No, Comedian Is Alive, Joins Morgan Freeman As Yet Another Victim Of Internet Death Hoaxes
September 13 2012 11:14 AM
Adam Sandler was the latest actor to fall victim to an Internet death hoax this past weekend, joining other celebrities including actor Morgan Freeman and comedian Bill Cosby.
- Real Madrid Transfer Rumors: Club Willing to Sell Cristiano Ronaldo, For Right Price?
September 13 2012 10:47 AM
Real Madrid could have a plan in place should Cristiano Ronaldo decide to leave.
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spoilers: Will Noel Khan Survive The Halloween Special Episode? [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 9:34 AM
"Pretty Little Liars" will be returning this October for a very special Halloween episode, and judging by the looks of it, Halloween really may be the day of the dead.
- Ping To Cease Operations From Sept 30
September 13 2012 6:50 AM
Come Sept. 30 and Ping, the social music network from Apple, will cease operations after adding social-network integration to iTunes, CNET has reported.
- iOS 6 GM Tethered Jailbreak On iPhone 4 And Other A4-Based Devices Using Updated Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4
September 13 2012 6:12 AM
During Wednesday's special media event in San Francisco for the unveiling of iPhone 5, Apple also released a GM (Golden Master) seed of the OS on its developer portal. Here's how to jailbreak iOS 6 GM on A4 devices using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4.
- Facebook, Wal-Mart, Walt Disney Face Fresh Patent Suits From University Of California
September 13 2012 5:02 AM
Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
- Apple iPhone 5: Specs, Features, Price, Keynote And Introductory Video - Everything You Need To Know
September 13 2012 3:18 AM
As claimed by Apple, "the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever" finally saw the light of day Wednesday as the company announced its sixth generation iPhone, the "iPhone 5," in San Francisco. Here's what you need to know about the new iPhone, starting from features, specs, price, availability and more.
- ‘The X Factor’ Premiere: Emblem3 Wows All 4 Judges, Listen To Their Original Song 'Sunset Blvd' Here [AUDIO]
September 12 2012 10:01 PM
"The X Factor" premiered its second season Wednesday evening, and one group of singers really stood out above the rest. L.A. Reid, Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were all in awe after one performance, and its definitely a group you'll want to keep an eye out for. So, who had the crowd standing up and dancing and all four judges saying 'yes?' Emblem3!
- Tyler Perry Profiling Case Resolved As Atlanta Cops Are Cleared
September 12 2012 4:23 PM
Two white Atlanta police officers accused of racially profiling Africa-American film director Tyler Perry have been cleared of all charges after an extensive and lengthy internal investigation.
- Apple iOS 6 Release Date Comes Two Days Before iPhone 5 Launch On Wednesday, Sept. 19
September 12 2012 2:09 PM
At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will launch two days prior to the intended release date for the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release that Friday, Sept. 21. We anticipated Apple would announce the release date of iOS 6 at today's media event. Apple iOS 6 Release Date Comes Two Days Before iPhone 5 Launch On...
- Zynga (ZNGA) Stock Price Jumpstarted By Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Comments
September 12 2012 10:58 AM
In his first public appearance following his social media company's disastrous IPO in May, Mark Zuckerberg's address at Tuesday's TechCrunch Disrupt helped boost the shares price of Facebook's (Nasdaq: FB) close partner Zynga (Nasdaq: ZNGA), which has retained its prominence on the social network's app marketplace despite continuing financial woes and a seemingly endless round of executive departures. Zynga reached a recent stock high in mid-morning morning trading on Wednesday, f...
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Upgrade: Apple Seeds Final Developer Build Before iPhone 5 Event
September 12 2012 9:53 AM
As expected, Apple looks like it's finally ready to release the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion at today's scheduled media event in San Francisco, which will reportedly see the debut of several iOS devices including the next-generation iPhone, a new line-up of iPods, and an all-new "iPad Mini." The company seeded the final version of the newest Mountain Lion update to developers on Tuesday evening.
- Facebook Shares Vault After Zuckerberg’s Mea Culpa
September 12 2012 8:59 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, vaulted 6 percent in pre-market Wednesday trading following CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s acknowledgement of “disappointing” performance since the highly touted May 17 initial public offering.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Event Live: Where To Get Live Coverage Of The Next iPhone Announcement
September 12 2012 6:41 AM
Just a few more hours and Apple will finally take the wraps off its sixth generation iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," at a press event in San Francisco Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are some links to the websites where you can get the complete coverage of the Apple media event.
- Pre-Market Movers (Alcatel, Nokia, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Cognizant, Morgan Stanley, Apple, Banco Santander)
September 12 2012 6:36 AM
Alcatel Lucent SA, Nokia Corp, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Banco Santander, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, Morgan Stanley and Apple Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Wednesday.
- Mark Zuckerberg Aligns Facebook Story With Mobile, Search; Manages To Reverse FB Scrip Fortunes
September 12 2012 5:22 AM
Facebook scrip (FB) seemed to rise against the tide as it posted a gain of 3.30 percent or 62 cents to end at $19.43 Sept.11, after its shares recorded a fall of over 2 percent in early Sept.10 trade before recovering to close $18.79, down 19 cents or 1 percent. The revival despite Co-founder Dustin Moskovitz selling shares stemmed from CEO Mark Zuckerberg's assurance to revive Facebook growth story and align services toward mobile and search functions.