- Thursday frees holders of as many as 271 million shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, to sell them for the first time since the first-day trading fiasco on May 18, when shares that had been priced at $38 first traded at $42.05, then didn’t trade for 30 minutes and closed at $38.23.
- EA Games is transforming "Command & Conquer" into a free-to-play multiplayer game, while Zynga revealed plans to publish partnered content being distributed in a more traditional publishing model than the one it pioneered.
- Alexa Dell, the daughter of Dell, Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) CEO Michael Dell, had her Twitter account taken down after sharing an Instagram photo on the Tumblr Rich Kids Of Instagram.
- Hank The Cat released a new ad as part of his ongoing campaign for an open Virginia Senate seat, and it's message is clear: the humans don't deserve the job.
- Any trial in U.S. District Court of the more than 50 shareholder lawsuits alleging fraud by Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, and its underwriters could be as much as five months away, lawyers said.
- The "announcement" of Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney's official running mate in the 2012 presidential elections has officially shaken up race leading up to November. Suddenly, the conversation has shifted from tax returns and jobs to healthcare and the future of Medicaid. There is one man that could provide some perspective on Ryan, his proposals, and his history, and that man happens to be Ryan's congressional opponent in Wisconsin, democrat Rob Zerban.
- The PSA, produced almost 20 years ago by Ray Bjork Elementary School, advocates for Internet access at schools, with youngsters asking, "Why should I be on the Internet?" The answers may surprise you.
iPhone 5 LTE Rumor Likely To Become A Reality: Apple Reportedly Talks To Korean Carriers, Foxconn Gears Up For Mass Production In Indonesia [FEATURES]Apple’s iPhone 5 is rumored for a Sept.21 release date, and the Internet has not stopped buzzing about potential features, alleged leaks and speculation. Although it is nearly certain that the upcoming iPhone 5 will support 4G LTE connectivity, there is now more evidence to back up this claim.
- When a market is rising, why would anyone think we were going to reverse direction? Well as a Technical Trader and Chartist it is my job to look at the markets objectively and to be aware of a possible reversal. So I have waited until I am as sure as I can be before sending this out. We made a top at 1419 on the 27th March, fell to 1262 4th June and have spent all that time grinding higher.
- A prominent Shi'ite clan in Lebanon announced Wednesday it has kidnapped more than 20 Syrian nationals in retaliation for the alleged abduction in Damascus of one of their own by members of the Free Syrian Army. Meanwhile, a bomb was detonated in Damascus.
- Farrah Abraham best recognized from being on "Teen Mom" after becoming pregnant with her daughter Sophia while she was still a teenager, answered questions live on Ustream via Twitter while the newest episode of "Teen Mom" premiered on MTV.
- Qantas and Virgin Australia Airlines have recently been criticized for their seating policy, which prohibits adult men from sitting next to unaccompanied minors.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion has out for about three weeks now, and millions of downloads later, it looks like Apple is getting ready to release the first major maintenance update for the new platform. Apple seeded OS X 10.8.1 to developers on Friday, but what exactly is Apple planning to fix in 10.8.1? Here are 4 major bugs, errors and issues that Apple definitely needs to fix in the 10.8.1 update.
- Late in its current-generation life cycle and amidst countless rumors about the upcoming Playstation 4, Sony is finally introducing a native YouTube app to its Playstation 3 gaming console. Is this a sign of Sony's future plans of all-encompassing media integration?
- Former Kadima party member and party leader aspirant Avi Dichter has resigned his MK status and taken up with Netanyahu's war-bent government, leaving many to questions what Dichter's motives were for leaving Kadima, and what Netanyahu's and Barak's intentions are for Iran.
IPhone 5 Features: How Apple Will Create A Thinner, Sleeker Design; A Look At The Rumored ‘In-Cell’ TechnologyOn Tuesday, Apple received a patent for touch screen LCD technology that will result in a thinner, lighter panel for its iPhone 5 release, according to Apple Insider. This news comes just as a new rumor has surfaced saying that Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 5 on Sept. 12, the same day the phone will allegedly be unveiled.
Facebook Now Allows Users To Announce When They Are Expecting A Baby: Has Oversharing Reached a New Level?Your friends can now know exactly when you are expecting to have a child, the gender, your partner, and where you plan to give birth, thanks to Facebook's latest category, "Celebrations"
Robert Pattinson Post Kristen Stewart Rupert Sanders Cheating: Watch His First Interview On 'The Daily Show' Here [VIDEO]On Monday night Robert Pattinson made his first TV appearance since the shocking photos of Kristen Stewart embracing married director Rupert Sanders were published. Having to finally face the light due to the promotion schedule for his latest film "Cosmopolis," Pattinson graced the set of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show."
- Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
- A man killed two people, including an officer who was serving him an eviction notice at a College Station home near Texas A&M University, on Monday before police fatally shot him in a gun battle.