Articles by FBI
- China large cap shares close at 6-mth low, Shanghai at 3-yr low
July 16 2012 11:29 AM
China's large cap-focused share index closed at its lowest in six months while the Shanghai Composite index closed at its lowest in more than three years on Monday, hit by a fresh slew of profit warnings reflecting the impact of a slowing economy.
- Asian Stock Markets Gain On China Stimulus Hopes
July 16 2012 4:28 AM
Asian stock markets mostly advanced Monday on speculation of further stimulus measures from China after Premier Wen Jiabao warned Sunday that the recovery in the world’s second largest economy was not stable.
- Joe Paterno Statue Will Remain Standing After New Details Emerge In Ongoing Scandal
July 14 2012 8:13 PM
After former FBI Director Louis Freeh's report on the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse revealed that Pennsylvania State University's once-legendary football coach Joe Paterno actively covered up the scandal, controversy has erupted over the status of Paterno's memorial statue at Penn State.
- PFGBest CEO Arrested By FBI For Making False Statements To Regulators
July 13 2012 2:37 PM
Russell Wasendorf Sr., the founder and CEO of failed futures brokerage PFGBest, was arrested on Friday, five days after his suicide attempt brought to light allegations of a massive fraud, authorities said.
- Comic-Con 2012 Schedule: The Complete TV Panel Lineup For Saturday, July 14, ‘Vampire Diaries,’ ‘True Blood,’ ‘Glee’ And More
July 13 2012 1:55 PM
Comic-Con 2012 weekend is flying by! As we move onto day three, festival attendees will be able to get the latest scoop on The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Glee, Person of Interest and more.
- Should Penn State Tear Down Paterno Statue, Cancel Football Season After Freeh Report: What Do You Think? [POLL]
July 12 2012 10:15 PM
The damning evidence against Joe Paterno was revealed today, sparking another level of outrage for the victims. Do you think the school should tear down the statue of Paterno?
- Penn State Board Takes 'Full Responsibility After Damaging Sandusky Report
July 12 2012 7:27 PM
Penn State Board of Trustees Chairman Karen Peetz, responding to a damning report on the Jerry Sandusky scandal, said Thursday the board accepts full responsibility for the failures that occurred.
- Nike Removes Joe Paterno's Name From Company Building
July 12 2012 3:45 PM
Nike has distanced itself from the former Penn State coach in light of new allegations.
- Penn State Scandal: Joe Paterno and PSU Administration Covered Up Sandusky Abuse
July 12 2012 11:37 AM
Penn State administrators and head coach Joe Paterno covered up the abuse of young boys by Jerry Sandusky to avoid bad publicity according to a report released today.
- Freeh Report Finds Penn State, Joe Paterno Covered Up Sandusky Scandal
July 12 2012 11:31 AM
The Freeh Report found that the university's reaction to allegations against Jerry Sandusky was, indeed, inadequate
- Colorado Wildfire Victims' Homes And Cars Looted
July 11 2012 10:08 PM
More than six dozen homes or vehicles belonging to evacuees who fled Colorado's most destructive wildfire were plundered by thieves, Colorado Springs police said.
- PFG Collapses In MF Global-like Debacle; Broker Rues Lack Of Caution, Oversight
July 11 2012 7:44 AM
Financial professionals reeled Wednesday after the now-collapsed futures merchant PFG (Peregrine Financial Group Inc.), whose troubles bear an unnerving similarity to MF Global's woes, left as much as $200 million unaccounted for and PFG clients kicking themselves for ignoring the warning signs.
- 1 Dead In Boston Triple Stabbing Near Set Of Sandra Bullock Movie 'The Heat'
July 10 2012 5:01 PM
A triple stabbing near the set of the upcoming Sandra Bullock movie The Heat turned deadly Tuesday in Boston, with one man killed and two others injured in the fight.
- Kourtney Reppert, Buxom Blonde Model, Turns Luis Plascencia Cyberstalking Horror Story Into Positive Endeavor [PHOTOS]
July 10 2012 10:09 AM
Kourtney Reppert, a 26-year-old blonde buxom model based in Los Angeles, is turning her cyberstalking horror story into a positive one after being the victim of vicious threats by a man named Luis Plascencia on the Internet, who sent her over 400 emails asking her to stop modeling in photos.
- Aubrey Lee Price, Georgia Money Man, Dead Or Alive? FBI Searches For Man Charged With Allegedly Embezzling Millions
July 09 2012 1:57 PM
The manhunt is on for Aubrey Lee Price, the Georgia money manager who disappeared after telling acquaintances that he had lost a large amount of money through trading activities and that he planned to kill himself.
- Did DNSChanger Kill Your Internet? How To Get Your PC Back Online If The Malware Booted You Off On Monday
July 09 2012 12:18 PM
Thousands of Internet users who did not heed the call to check their PCs for DNSChanger awoke Monday morning to find themselves cut off from essentially the universe. The FBI estimates about 300,000 people will be left without Internet service Monday due to the malware. Are you among the unlucky few to sleep through the whole thing? Well here?s a bit of help.
- Nina Rhodes-Hughes To Testify In Defense Of Sirhan Sirhan, Man Convicted In RFK Assasination [PHOTO]
July 09 2012 11:07 AM
Nina Rhodes-Hughes, a key witness to the 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, has agreed to testify for Sirhan Sirhan's new defense team. Rhodes told CNN earlier this year she believed Sirhan Sirhan did not act alone in the assassination of the former U.S. senator.
- Carriers Got 1.3M Law Enforcement Surveillance Inquiries In 2011
July 09 2012 9:26 AM
More than 1.3 million requests for information about mobile telephone subscribers came from police and other law enforcement agencies last year, the New York Times reported.
- Some Computer Users Lost Internet This Morning, Thanks To DNS Changer Malware
July 09 2012 8:46 AM
If you are reading this online, then the computer you're using is not infected with the DNS Changer Malware. However, those who haven't bothered to remove the malicious software lost internet access at 12:01 a.m. Monday.
- DNS Changer Check: How To Find And Remove The Malware Dubbed 'Internet Doomsday Virus'
July 09 2012 6:56 AM
It's July 9 and as multiple reports have been forewarning for the last couple of weeks about a quarter-million people around the world are at the risk of losing Internet access, all because of a malware called the DNS Changer that has been floating around the web since 2007.