- DNSChanger Malware: How It Works And What To Do If You're Infected
July 06 2012 5:17 PM
By now you've probably heard about DNSChanger, a piece of malicious software that has found its way onto millions of computers worldwide. On Monday, any computer still infected with the software will be unable to connect to the internet, leaving users in the dark forever. Or at least until they have to shell out hundreds of dollars for a new computer. So what is this malicious software and how does it work? Don't worry, we've got you covered.
- Internet Doomsday Virus Could Black Out 250,000 PCs
July 06 2012 9:01 AM
About a quarter-million computer users around the world are at risk of losing Internet access on Monday because of malicious software at the heart of a hacking scam that U.S. authorities shut down last November. Some blogs and news reports hyped the risk of an outage, warning of a potential blackout and describing the Alureon malware as the Internet Doomsday virus.
- Malware DNSChanger Threatens Thousands Of Internet Users With A Black Monday: How To Avoid Attack
July 06 2012 5:40 AM
July 9, 2012, may be a Black Monday for Tens of Thousands of Internet surfers when the FBI disconnects domains affected by DNSChanger Malware, according to Wired.
- Malware Fix To Nix Internet Connections Monday: How To Test And Rid Your Computer Of DNSChanger
July 05 2012 5:13 PM
Thousands of PC users worldwide may find themselves without an Internet connection on Monday after the FBI nixes any PC with latent malware still on it. The malware, known as DNSChanger, was a Trojan spread by Estonian cyber-criminals, that redirected users' Internet navigation towards hacker-created sites that generated $14 million in advertisements.
- Colorado Springs Fire: 2 Bodies Found, Nearly 10 Unaccounted For In Waldo Canyon Wildfire
June 29 2012 11:39 PM
Officials said two bodies have been found in a Colorado Springs home destroyed by the Waldo Canyon fire this week and less that 10 people were unaccounted for.
- Carnel Chamberlain Found Dead At His Home At The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe Reservation, George Bennett Arrested
June 29 2012 11:30 AM
Family and friends are giving the loss of Carnel Chamberlain, the 4-year-old boy who was found dead after missing for a week. His family said that investigators found his body under the porch of his home.
- Colorado Wildfire: Photos Of Destruction Caused By Waldo Canyon Fire
June 28 2012 3:25 PM
The Waldo canyon fire in Colorado Springs have force approximately 32,000 people to evacuate their homes. The cause of the fire is still unknown at this time.
- Mark Jackson Involved in Extortion Attempt Over Nude Photos
June 28 2012 3:13 PM
Mark Jackson was a target of extortion after an extra-marital affair.
- Colorado Springs Fire: FBI Investigating If Criminal Activity Caused Waldo Canyon Wildfire [MAP]
June 28 2012 2:13 PM
The FBI will work with state and local law enforcement to determine whether the aggressive Waldo Canyon Fire was a result of criminal activity.
- 21st Century Slaves: FBI Agents Rescue 79 Child Sex Trafficking Victims In 3 Days [VIDEO]
June 26 2012 12:03 PM
79 teens were rescued over the weekend from a life of prostitution across America, and more than 100 pimps were arrested by the FBI.
- James 'Whitey' Bulger's Attorney Seeks Trial Delay As Prosecutors Slam Move
June 22 2012 12:27 PM
The attorney for James Whitey Bulger, the reputed Boston gangster who went on the lam for 16 years and was captured in California last year, wants to delay Bulger's upcoming trial for a year, enraging prosecutors.
- Did Kris Jenner Stage Kim Kardashian?s Sex Tape? Khloe Kardashian Responds To Kris Humphries? Allegations
June 22 2012 9:50 AM
Kris Jenner does not keep it a secret that she is quite the voracious mom-ager. However, Kris Humphries' purported allegations against the Kardashian mother go beyond that of a manager, or a mother, and into the bedroom. Khloe Kardashian responded to Humphries' allegations that Jenner staged her sister Kim's sex tape, saying he is disgusting and disturbing.
- Accused LulzSec Hacker Charged in Cyber Attacks
June 13 2012 8:56 PM
An alleged member of the LulzSec hacking group who prosecutors say targeted the Fox and PBS television networks and Sony's film and TV studio has been indicted.
- James Hetfield, Metallica Frontman, Helps FBI Catch Morgan Harrington's Killer [VIDEO]
June 13 2012 1:29 PM
The FBI is getting some extra help in trying to catch Morgan Harrington's killer after Metallica frontman James Hetfield volunteered to make a video urging anyone with information on the unknown killer to come forward.
- Henry Hill Dead: Gangster And Inspiration For The Movie 'Goodfellas' Dies in Los Angeles
June 13 2012 11:04 AM
Henry Hill, the reputed mobster from New York City whose life became the basis for the film Goodfellas, died on Tuesday in a Los Angeles hospital.. He was 69.
- Yacht Explosion Near Sandy Hook, N.J. Believed To Be A Hoax, Coast Guard Offering Reward For Information
June 12 2012 11:01 AM
After several hours of searching, authorities were unable to find any sign that a yacht exploded in the Atlantic Ocean off of Sandy Hook, N.J., which led investigators to believe a distress call was a hoax.
- Top Penn State Execs Could Be Charged In Sandusky Coverup: Report
June 11 2012 10:03 PM
Pennsylvania prosecutors are considering criminal charges against former top Penn State University officials for allegedly concealing what they knew about the conduct of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, law enforcement sources said Monday.
- Supply Chain Theft A Growing Problem For Retailers
June 11 2012 4:38 PM
Here's a window into how low the bad guys will stoop to steal retail inventory: Last week in California, 1,600 pounds of premium dog food, a $10,000 cargo on its way to feed animals at a local pet rescue facility, was stolen.
- Where Is Desmonte Leonard? Manhunt For Auburn Shooting Suspect Enters Second Day
June 11 2012 11:44 AM
Police have begun the second day of a manhunt targeting Desmonte Leonard -- the alleged killer responsible for a shooting near Auburn University that left three people dead and three others injured. The subject of a multiagency manhunt, Leonard, 22, faces three charges of capital murder in the shooting that took place on the evening of Saturday, June 10, at an off-campus Auburn, Alabama, apartment complex, police said.
- Attorney General Eric Holder Assigns Two Prosecutors to Look Into Document Leaks
June 09 2012 12:25 PM
Attorney General Eric Holder assigned two prosecutors to look into the classified document leaks that fed two New York Times articles this past week, further heightening the profile of a debate between Democrats and Republicans about secrecy and the press.