Articles by FBI
- Kidnapped Sisters Found Safe; Suspect Dead
May 10 2012 9:32 PM
Adam Mayes, the Mississippi man accused of killing a Tennessee mother and daughter, is dead, and the two other missing daughters were found safe, authorites said Thursday night.
- Florida Man Kamil Mezalka Literally Hacks Computer With Samurai Sword During FBI Child Porn Raid On His Home
May 10 2012 2:35 PM
A Florida man charged with downloading child pornography hacked at his computer with a samurai sword as federal agents raided his home, according to an affidavit filed by the U.S. attorney's office for the Middle District of Florida.
- Adam Mayes Thinks He Is The Father Of The Missing Bain Daughters, Relative Claims
May 10 2012 9:13 AM
Authorities have still not caught up with Adam Mayes, the Mississippi man accused of killing Tennessee woman Jo Ann Bain and her oldest daughter, while kidnapping her two youngest girls. A relative has now informed authorities that Mayes believes the two young Bain girls are his daughters.
- Internal FBI Report Leaked With Tips To Protect Anonymity To Dupe At Bitcoin Crime
May 10 2012 8:19 AM
In a leaked report, the FBI expressed its concerns about the complexity of tracking down the identity of anonymous Bitcoin users. But along with that, also released some tips for Bitcoin users to help them further protect their anonymity.
- Adam Mayes Becomes Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitive: Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain Still Missing
May 09 2012 4:09 PM
Adam Mayes, the man suspected of kidnapping Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters, and then killing two of them, has been placed on top of FBI?s list of Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitives. He has been on the run for about two weeks and is considered armed and dangerous, still holding hostage Alexandra Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8.
- Pentagon Steps Up Efforts To Detect Moles
May 09 2012 3:46 PM
The Department of Defense this week issued information-sharing guidelines aimed to bust insiders who leak information to foreign intelligence entities.
- Investigation Begins Into Yemen Al Qaeda Bomb Plot Leak
May 09 2012 1:05 PM
Law enforcement officials have begun a leak investigation into how information about the Yemen bomb plot operation went public, according to NBC News.
- TSA Finds Gun Parts In Stuffed Animals At T.F. Green Airport: Ploy Was Part Of Domestic Dispute
May 09 2012 12:51 PM
Federal officials at Warwick, R.I.'s T.F Green Airport said gun parts and ammunition were found and confiscated inside three stuffed animals stuffed in a child's carry-on bag.
- Bomb Threat Phone Call Halts Two Southwest Airline Flights In Phoenix, Orange Country
May 09 2012 6:01 AM
Flights with ties to Phoenix and Orange Country were halted Tuesday night following an anonymous threatening phone call by an ?outside agency,? local authorities said, according to the Associated Press.
- CIA Foils Al Qaeda By Planting Double Agent In Airline Bomb Plot
May 09 2012 3:12 AM
The would-be bomber in the terror plot hatched by al Qaeda affiliates, which sought to bring down a Western airliner on the anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death, had either turned informant or was planted in the terror cell.
- Bain Family Missing: Bodies Of Jo Ann And Andrienne Bain Found Dead As Teresa Mayes Mayes And Mary Mayes Charged
May 08 2012 4:23 PM
Police have arrested the wife and mother of Adam Mayes, who is the chief suspect in the killing of a Tennessee woman and her oldest daughter and kidnapping the woman's other daughters, said police officials on Tuesday.
- Rep. Peter King Calls For Review On How To Inform Public Of Top-Secret Information
May 08 2012 3:31 PM
Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, on Tuesday called for a review of how the government informs the public about top-secret information, in the wake of the discovery of an al-Qaeda plot to use a new version of an underwear bomb to bring down an airliner.
- Yolanda Quesada Fired From Wells Fargo For Shoplifting Crime Committed 40 Years Ago
May 08 2012 1:44 PM
Yolanda Quesada has been fired from her customer service position at Wells Fargo for a shoplifting crime she committed 40 years ago.
- FBI Experts Examining Al Qaeda's Upgraded 'Underwear Bomb'
May 08 2012 11:06 AM
FBI experts are now in possession of an unexploded bomb al Qaeda assembled with the intention of blowing up a United States-bound airliner
- Missing Bain Family Bodies Identified, Two Youngest Daughters Suspected To Be Disguised With Mayes
May 08 2012 7:47 AM
It's been officially confirmed that the two bodies found on Sunday belong to 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter Adrienne.
- Foiled Underwear Bomb Plot Shows Al Qaeda's Still Kicking: Officials
May 07 2012 9:12 PM
The announcement Monday that militants sought to attack an airliner with an improved underwear bomb in a plot foiled by U.S. and allied authorities shows their determination to build bombs that can pass through airport security, U.S. officials said.
- CIA Says It Foiled A New, Improved Al Qaeda Underwear Bomb Plot
May 07 2012 4:54 PM
The CIA reportedly has stopped another plot by al Qaeda to take down a U.S.-bound airliner with an underwear bomb.
- Bain Family Missing: Police Discover Two Bodies In The Home Of Adam Mayes And Issue Arrest Warrants
May 07 2012 3:27 PM
Investigators, who are searching for the missing Bain family who disappeared 10 days ago after leaving their Tennessee home, said the four missing family members are in danger and issued warrants for a suspect in the kidnapping.
- US Hostage Warren Weinstein Asks Obama To Meet Al Qaeda's Demands In Exchange For Life [VIDEO]
May 07 2012 6:44 AM
Al Qaeda on Sunday released a video of American hostage Warren Weinstein urging the US government to act upon his abductors' terms or else he would be put to death, the Agence-France Presse (AFP) reported. In the video titled A Message from the Prisoner Warren Weinstein to His President, the former USAID worker was seen seated behind a table as he addressed President Obama: My life is in your hands, Mr. President. If you accept the demands, I live;don't accept the demands, t...
- Former Louisiana Congressman William Jefferson Surrenders To Serve 13-Year Sentence
May 04 2012 1:30 PM
Former Louisiana Congressman William Jefferson surrendered to a federal penitentiary Friday to begin serving a 13-year sentence, according to reports.