- Authorities are investigating how kidnapping suspect Adam Mayes managed to elude them for two weeks and whether he had help doing so.
Adam Mayes, The Man Who Kidnapped And Murdered Missing Bain Family, Found Shot In The Head, Alexandria And Kyliyah Witnessed SuicideA tip from a concerned citizen led the authorities to where the fugitive, Adam Mayes, shot and killed himself as his kidnapped victims, who have been held captive since April 27, watched.
Florida Man Kamil Mezalka Literally Hacks Computer With Samurai Sword During FBI Child Porn Raid On His HomeA Florida man charged with downloading child pornography hacked at his computer with a samurai sword as federal agents raided his home, according to an affidavit filed by the U.S. attorney's office for the Middle District of Florida.
- Authorities have still not caught up with Adam Mayes, the Mississippi man accused of killing Tennessee woman Jo Ann Bain and her oldest daughter, while kidnapping her two youngest girls. A relative has now informed authorities that Mayes believes the two young Bain girls are his daughters.
- In a leaked report, the FBI expressed its concerns about the complexity of tracking down the identity of anonymous Bitcoin users. But along with that, also released some tips for Bitcoin users to help them further protect their anonymity.
Adam Mayes Becomes Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitive: Teresa Mayes Charged With Murder, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain Still MissingAdam Mayes, the man suspected of kidnapping Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters, and then killing two of them, has been placed on top of FBI?s list of Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitives. He has been on the run for about two weeks and is considered armed and dangerous, still holding hostage Alexandra Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8.
- Law enforcement officials have begun a leak investigation into how information about the Yemen bomb plot operation went public, according to NBC News.
- Federal officials at Warwick, R.I.'s T.F Green Airport said gun parts and ammunition were found and confiscated inside three stuffed animals stuffed in a child's carry-on bag.
- Flights with ties to Phoenix and Orange Country were halted Tuesday night following an anonymous threatening phone call by an ?outside agency,? local authorities said, according to the Associated Press.
- The would-be bomber in the terror plot hatched by al Qaeda affiliates, which sought to bring down a Western airliner on the anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death, had either turned informant or was planted in the terror cell.
Bain Family Missing: Bodies Of Jo Ann And Andrienne Bain Found Dead As Teresa Mayes Mayes And Mary Mayes ChargedPolice have arrested the wife and mother of Adam Mayes, who is the chief suspect in the killing of a Tennessee woman and her oldest daughter and kidnapping the woman's other daughters, said police officials on Tuesday.
- Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, on Tuesday called for a review of how the government informs the public about top-secret information, in the wake of the discovery of an al-Qaeda plot to use a new version of an underwear bomb to bring down an airliner.
- Yolanda Quesada has been fired from her customer service position at Wells Fargo for a shoplifting crime she committed 40 years ago.
- FBI experts are now in possession of an unexploded bomb al Qaeda assembled with the intention of blowing up a United States-bound airliner
- It's been officially confirmed that the two bodies found on Sunday belong to 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter Adrienne.
- The announcement Monday that militants sought to attack an airliner with an improved underwear bomb in a plot foiled by U.S. and allied authorities shows their determination to build bombs that can pass through airport security, U.S. officials said.
- The CIA reportedly has stopped another plot by al Qaeda to take down a U.S.-bound airliner with an underwear bomb.
- Investigators, who are searching for the missing Bain family who disappeared 10 days ago after leaving their Tennessee home, said the four missing family members are in danger and issued warrants for a suspect in the kidnapping.