- Tiger Woods, No. 4 In World Golf Rankings, Moves To Top of FedEx Cup Standings And PGA Tour Money List
July 02 2012 11:56 AM
With his win at the AT&T National on Sunday, Tiger Woods improved his ranking on a number of different boards. While he stayed at No. 4 on the official World Golf Rankings board, Woods moved to the top of the PGA Tour money list and the FedEx Cup standings for the first time since September 2009.
- Why Companies Are Racing To Cut Earnings Forecasts
June 21 2012 9:45 AM
Expectations for U.S. company earnings are on a slippery slope down Wall Street. While the downward slide in estimates highlights the caution analysts and companies are expressing, investors should also be aware that companies are setting lower goals so that they can look better or be able to ?beat estimates? when the results come out.
- FedEx, Adobe, Oracle: 9 Earnings Reports To Watch June 18-22
June 15 2012 10:31 AM
Wall Street's pessimistic outlook on corporate profits was proved wrong by surprisingly strong first-quarter results. However, will the second-quarter earnings season tell a different story?
- 2011 Japan Tsunami Basketball Returned After Washing Up On Alaska Shore
June 14 2012 1:03 PM
Students from a Japanese middle school who lost their basketball when it was swept away in the 2011 tsunami are miraculously playing with the ball again after it was returned since washing up on an Alaskan shoreline back in March.
- RIM's New Woes Seen Speeding Loss of BlackBerry Users
June 03 2012 6:16 AM
Research In Motion's appointment of bankers to advise on drastic options, including an outright sale of the BlackBerry maker, may only hasten moves by major customers to offer their employees smartphones produced by rivals.
- Verizon?s Hughes Telematics Buy Gives It Mercedes-Benz Audience
June 01 2012 1:07 PM
Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ)?s plans to acquire Hughes Telematics (OTC: HUTC) for $612 million indicates the biggest U.S. phone company is seeking a new market: Mercedes-Benz drivers.
- USA Vs. Brazil: Watch Live Stream Online Of Exhibition Game, Plus Prediction, Probable Lineups And Preview
May 30 2012 4:40 PM
Where to watch live coverage of USA Vs. Brazil, plus a detailed preview, prediction and probable lineups.
- Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Live Stream, Where to Watch Online, Preview
May 13 2012 11:35 AM
Where to watch the Clippers play the Grizzlies.
- US Postal Service Will Not Ship Tablets, Smartphones Internationally Starting May 16
May 11 2012 12:20 PM
The United States Postal Service has banned the international shipment of tablets, smartphones and other devices that contain lithium ion, lithium alloy and rechargeable batteries. The ban goes into effect starting May 16.
- US Postal Service Loss Widens To $3.2 Billion in 2Q
May 10 2012 1:24 PM
The nearly bankrupt U.S. Postal Service said Thursday its net loss widened to $3.2 billion in the fiscal second quarter as revenues continue to dwindle. It also said it lacks sufficient cash to pay for required future retiree health benefits.
- Pre-market Movers (EXPE, AMZN, ZNGA, JAZZ, GT, F, WDC, STX, SBUX, FDX)
April 27 2012 8:19 AM
The companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trade Friday are: Expedia, Amazon.com, Zynga Inc, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Goodyear Tire & Rubber, Ford Motor, Western Digital, Seagate Technology, Starbucks Corp and Fedex Corp.
- World Financial Center Evacuated After 'Grenade' Scare From Suspicious Package
April 12 2012 12:11 PM
A part of 2 World Financial Center was evacuated on Thursday morning after what seems to be a grenade was seen in a mail package, police sources told the New York Daily News.
- Tough Times in the U.S.-China iPad Smuggling Game
March 25 2012 10:30 PM
Early on the morning of March 16, Wong Tat joined a line of about 100 people waiting for the launch of the new iPad in a chilly rain outside an Apple store on the outskirts of San Francisco.
- Weak China, Euro Zone Data Dent Stocks: Daily Markets Wrap
March 22 2012 4:02 PM
Stocks took a big step back Thursday after more signs pointing to weakening economic conditions in China and Europe spooked investors to make a run for safety.
- 5 Ways Rising Gas Prices Will Affect You
March 22 2012 6:46 AM
High oil prices affect politics, schools, jobs, public budgets and almost every industry. But current pressures could be augmented if war breaks out between Israel or the United States and Iran, with the result being a costly disruption in global supply.
- 2012 March for Babies: Watson Joins Dimes to Fight Preterm Births
March 21 2012 8:05 AM
Watson Pharmaceuticals, one of the leading global pharmaceutical companies, has offered their support to the 2012 March for Babies event and the prematurity campaign program of the March of Dimes, a leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health.
- Simone Farrow Arrested: Swimsuit Model Simone 'Starr,' Alleged Drug Kingpin Claims 'Murder Target' [PHOTOS]
March 19 2012 11:33 AM
A Hollywood swimsuit model was busted after the DEA arrested Simone Farrow, who worked under the name of Starr, in Australia, accused of heading an international drug ring. Over a month ago, she skipped out on bail and was on the run from the law. She claims there are those trying to murder her.
- UPS To Acquire TNT Express For €5.16B In All-Cash Deal
March 19 2012 7:03 AM
UPS will pay €9.50 a share in cash for Europe's second-biggest express-delivery provider, up from a February bid of €9 a share and 54 percent above TNT shares' closing price on Feb. 16. The deal is the biggest in UPS's 105-year history.
- iPad 3 Released Worldwide: Customers Reactions (PHOTOS)
March 16 2012 2:29 PM
iPad 3 has launched its worldwide release to thousand of waiting fans and tech aficionados alike. David Tarasenko, a construction manager from Sydney, Australia was the first lucky buyer of a new iPad 3 HD. From there, store openings across Austrailia and Asia continued to before European stores opened at 8 a.m. local time. In San Francisco, one of Apple's flagship stores, customers waited in light rain as local television crews shot news reels of people holding umbrellas and reading their iP...
- UPS Still In Takeover Talks With TNT Express
March 16 2012 10:46 AM
U.S. delivery company United Parcel Service Inc. (NYSE:UPS) said Friday it is in constructive talks to buy Dutch rival TNT Express NV and reiterated its intention to make a formal bid by May 12.