- FedEx announced on Monday, that it will hire about 20,000 new seasonal workers for the holidays, compared to just 17,000 last year. This increase will surely help some unemployed Americans, at least during the holiday season.
- The 2012 PGA Tour schedule has been released and includes 45 official money tournaments, the same number as 2011.
- Now that Kodak shares trade at only 78 cents, the collapse of the imaging icon would be a technology tragedy and a black eye for the U.S.
- Stock index futures pointed to a lower open on Wall Street, with futures for the S&P 500, Dow Jones futures and Nasdaq 100 futures down between 1.4 to 1.8 percent at 0923 GMT (5:23 a.m. ET).
- Ernie Els is a three-times major champion and has faced plenty of pressure in his glittering career but he had to survive a nerve-racking finish to the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday.
- Webb Simpson birdied his last three holes of the day to clinch his second PGA Tour title with a playoff victory over fellow American Chez Reavie for the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday.
- Master champion Charl Schwartzel joined Bubba Watson and Australia's Adam Scott in a three-way tie for the lead at the halfway stage of the Deutsche Bank Championship on Saturday.
- After months of waiting, scandals galore, and a distracting NFL Lockout for good measure -- the college football season is finally upon us.