Articles by FedEx
- Small Business Saturday: American Express Hosts 2nd Annual Shopping Holiday
November 26 2011 1:17 PM
First there was Black Friday, then as e-commerce reached popularity in 2005, Cyber Monday was created. Now there is a new shopping holiday: a grassroots movement known as Small Business Saturday sponsored by American Express to help flailing local merchants and businesses.
- US Chains Brace for Season of Holiday Discounts
November 22 2011 10:44 AM
U.S. retailers trying to woo shoppers with early deals and longer hours this week, and throughout the holiday season, could be putting their profits at risk as shoppers search for bargains and not much else.
- UPS Raising Rates in 2012 by at Least 4.9 Percent
November 18 2011 5:09 PM
United Parcel Service Inc. (NYSE: UPS) plans to increase 2012 rates by 4.9 percent for ground package shipping, air shipping and, U.S.-origin international shipments, the company announced Friday. New pricing takes effect Jan. 2, 2012.
- Fed Ex Employee's Husband Opens Fire at Facility Near Chicago
November 17 2011 4:09 PM
A Fed Ex employee's husband opened fire at a shipping center Thursday morning, eventually committing suicide.
- Seasonal Hiring in U.S. Retail Sector May Be Flat This Year, but Can Still Lead to Permanent Jobs
November 08 2011 5:09 PM
Hiring for the approaching holiday season in the U.S. is expected to be on par with 2010, in line with an anticipated year-on-year growth decline in seasonal sales, according to the National Retail Federation. Still, seasonal jobs provide an opportunity to secure a permanent position, employers and industry experts say.
- UPS Profit up as Higher Prices, Cost Cuts, Technology Improvements Offset Weaker Domestic Volume
October 25 2011 11:54 AM
United Parcel Service reported a higher quarterly profit as increased pricing, cost cutting and technology improvements helped compensate for domestic shipping volume dulled by a sluggish economy, and it affirmed its outlook for record 2011 results.
- FedEx Plans to Hire 20,000 New Workers for Holidays
October 24 2011 3:47 PM
FedEx announced on Monday, that it will hire about 20,000 new seasonal workers for the holidays, compared to just 17,000 last year. This increase will surely help some unemployed Americans, at least during the holiday season.
- FedEx Sees Record Holiday Volume, Adding Workers
October 24 2011 12:00 PM
FedEx Corp. expects a 12 percent jump in holiday shipments this year and will add about 20,000 workers to handle the record volume driven by online shopping.
- FedEx Sees Internet Driving Record Holiday Volume
October 24 2011 10:00 AM
E-commerce will drive record holiday shipments this year for FedEx Corp., the world's No. 2 package delivery company said on Monday.
- 2012 PGA Tour Schedule Has Numerous Changes: Find Out What They Are
October 19 2011 5:20 PM
The 2012 PGA Tour schedule has been released and includes 45 official money tournaments, the same number as 2011.
- The Final 'Kodak Moment': 5 Reasons Why Bankruptcy Would Be Tragic
October 02 2011 9:30 AM
Now that Kodak shares trade at only 78 cents, the collapse of the imaging icon would be a technology tragedy and a black eye for the U.S.
- Forward Rebels Want Ole Miss AD Boone Removed
September 30 2011 10:57 AM
The emergence of an anonymous group asking for the removal of athletic director Pete Boone caused University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones to publicly decry the motives.
- Tiger Woods Gets a New Caddie: Who is Joe LaCava?
September 26 2011 5:53 PM
The golf legend has found a replacement for Steve Williams.
- Stock Index Futures Point to Lower Start on Wall Street
September 22 2011 7:28 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a lower open on Wall Street, with futures for the S&P 500, Dow Jones futures and Nasdaq 100 futures down between 1.4 to 1.8 percent at 0923 GMT (5:23 a.m. ET).
- U.S. Stock Futures Point Downward
September 22 2011 5:54 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a lower open on Wall Street, with futures for the S&P 500, Dow Jones futures and Nasdaq 100 futures down between 1.4 to 1.8 percent at 0923 GMT.
- FedEx Seen Cutting Outlook with Economy Stalled
September 22 2011 3:07 AM
is seen reporting higher quarterly results than a year ago on Thursday, but analysts are more keen to see if the No. 2 package delivery company cuts its full-year guidance because stalled global economic growth has stifled volume.
- Ryder Cup Captain Slams Seve Trophy No-Shows
September 19 2011 11:03 PM
Ryder Cup captain Jose Maria Olazabal has slammed the likes of major champions Rory McIlroy, Martin Kaymer and Graeme McDowell for not making the effort to compete in the Seve Trophy.
- Bernanke, Europe Hold key to Market Rally
September 19 2011 7:38 AM
Wall Street hopes for more Fed action and clear signs European leaders will follow through on their new urgency to tackle the euro zone debt crisis if U.S. stocks are to build on their best week since early July.
- Wall Street Seen Opening Higher
September 08 2011 6:00 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a firmer open on Wall Street on Thursday, with futures for the S&P 500, Dow Jones and Nasdaq 100 flat to 0.2 percent higher at 0916 GMT.
- Els Withstands Playoff Pressure to Move on in FedExCup
September 06 2011 9:33 AM
Ernie Els is a three-times major champion and has faced plenty of pressure in his glittering career but he had to survive a nerve-racking finish to the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday.