- Digital Domain Media, the company that created the Tupac Shakur hologram from the 2012 Coachella festival, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- A day ago, Scott Van Duzer was just another pizzeria owner. Today he's the talk of the Internet and the country, known as that guy who gave a bear hug to President Obama.
- Perennial battleground states Ohio and Florida top the list of where the Obama and Romney campaigns are spending, and that is not unexpected. Pennsylvania, though, is very far from the top -- and that is a big surprise.
- The National Enquirer recently reported that sources say O.J. Simpson believes that Khloe Kardashian is his biological daughter so he has changed his will to accommodate the socialite.
- A motorcycle-mounted police officer escorting President Barack Obama's motorcade was killed in West Palm Beach, Fla., on Sunday. The officer was struck by a Ford F-150 while preparing to shut down Interstate 95 for Obama's appearance at the Palm Beach County Convention Center.
Minnesota Vikings vs Jacksonville Jaguars, Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction, Adrian Peterson To Start, Maurice Jones-Drew to PlayAdrian Peterson is still recovering from an ACL injury he suffered last season, but could see action Sunday.
- Dr. Michael Berkland, 57, a former medical examiner, was arrested in Florida on Friday, after keeping human organs in over 100 containers and placing them in a storage unit.
- Former Knick head coach Isiah Thomas has remained close to team owner James Dolan since leaving the team in 2008.
- President Obama's address, as pundits noted, did not inspire the kind of enthusiasm that his speeches have become known for.
- Rep. John Lewis recounted the story of his beating during "Bloody Sunday" 1965 in Selma, and warned of threats to voting rights.
- Coming off an 84-0 thrashing from Oklahoma State, the lowly Savannah State Tigers of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision are tremendous 70 ½-point underdogs against the No. 6 ranked Florida State Seminoles heading into their Saturday matchup, making the spread the highest ever in college football sports gambling history.
- Tropical Storm Leslie has strengthened into a hurricane, according to the National Weather Service. The storm, currently sitting east of Florida and the Bahamas, is not expected to make landfall in the United States, and no hurricane watches have been issues along the Atlantic coast.
- While opinion polls in places like New Hampshire, Ohio, Nevada and Wiscounsin continue to find no clear trend as to whether the residents will support a Democrat or a Republican for President, a new report by asset manager Wells Fargo Advisor Wednesday found those very states unambiguous in their spending preferences in running large budget shortfalls
- The two assassins had approached the Colombian drug lord Griselda Blanco on motorcycles as she exited a butcher shop in Medellin, where they delivered two fatal bullets into her skull and left the 69-year-old's body lying in the street.
- The fact that the Democrats are preparing to convene in North Carolina highlights how shifting demographics are changing America's electoral map.
Griselda Blanco Dead At 69, Godmother Of Cocaine Killed In Columbia; Photos Of The Former Miami-Based Drug LordGriselda Blanco, a former drug lord for the Medellín Cartel and a pioneer in the Miami-based cocaine drug trade, was gunned down in Columbia by an assassin on Monday.