- Nadya Suleman, who gained notoriety in the tabloids as the so-called Octomom, has struggled with money, a situation that appears likely to get worse now that she's been fired by Celebrity Boxing. Radar Online reported that Suleman banked more than six figures for her participation.
- Running back Maurice Jones-Drew held out for a new contract during training camp and the NFL preseason.
- Federal prosecutors have closed a probe into America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff -- Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz. -- on abuse of power with no charges filed.
- In one of the less surprising developments of the week, it turns out Al Gore is not a big fan of the U.S. electoral college.
- Critics say the event was all bark with no indication of how Republicans will execute the bite -- or, in fact, a dress rehearsal for the next presidential election
- It's not time to start picking out something blue or pink, but Holly Madison's boyfriend and expectant father Pasquale Rotella may be picking out something orange. The Playboy model's baby daddy may be heading to jail.
- As the Georgia Bulldogs get set to open their 2012 college football season against SUNY-Buffalo, the team will be cheered on by its new permanent official mascot, Uga IX.
- In a victory for the Obama administration, a federal court has rejected a new law requiring Texans to present photo identification before being allowed to vote.
- Patricia Carroll, the CNN camerawoman who had nuts thrown at her at the Republican National Convention is speaking out on the incident which resulted in the ejection of two disruptive convention attendees on Wednesday.
- Jeb Bush says though it is going to be hard for Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential nominee should "show his heart" to connect with people -- something he hasn't been able to do yet.
Two-Faced Cat Is A Miracle, See Video Of Frank And Louie, The Cat That Shattered Guinness World Records 2012A rare two-faced cat, born with two faces, two mouths, two noses and three eyes, has lived for 12 years, according to the Associated Press. Frank and Louie the two-faced cat is the pet of Marty Stevens of Worcester, Mass., who rescued the feline from being euthanized because of his condition.
Republican National Convention Pays Tribute To Wisconsin Sikh Victims With Prayer; Many Dub Effort As HollowIn a first of its kind, a Sikh American delivered the invocation at the Republican National Convention (RNC) Wednesday night, CNN reported.
Washington Redskins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Preview, Robert Griffin To Sit Against the BuccaneersThe Washington Redskins welcome the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to FedEx Field Wednesday night.
- A CNN camerawoman was pelted with nuts at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday as she was covering the event. The attackers yelled "This is how we feed animals," as they assaulted the African-American camerawoman. Both attackers were quickly escorted out of the Tampa, Florida convention.
- Former Florida governor Jeb Bush renewed his call for Republicans to reconsider their immigration platform on Tuesday, warning attendees of a panel discussion that the future of the party is at stake.
Plaquemines Parish Levee Succumbs To Hurricane Isaac, Storm Stalls Over Louisiana From New Orleans To Baton RougeLevees overtopped in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana on Wednesday morning as Hurricane Isaac dumped inches of water onto many of the Gulf Coast cities.
- Shari Arison is the most powerful woman in Israel and the Middle East, and has a net worth of $3.9 billion to boot. But despite her numerous non-profit organizations and 25% stake in Israel's largest bank, Arison says she doesn't consider herself "a powerful person."