Articles by Florida
- 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Fired By Celebrity Boxing: What's Next For The Cash-Strapped Suleman?
September 02 2012 10:27 PM
Nadya Suleman, who gained notoriety in the tabloids as the so-called Octomom, has struggled with money, a situation that appears likely to get worse now that she's been fired by Celebrity Boxing. Radar Online reported that Suleman banked more than six figures for her participation.
- Maurice Jones-Drew Ends Contract Holdout, Reports to Jaguars Sunday
September 02 2012 11:35 AM
Running back Maurice Jones-Drew held out for a new contract during training camp and the NFL preseason.
- Feds Won't Prosecute Phoenix Sheriff Joe Arpaio On Abuse Of Power
September 01 2012 2:16 PM
Federal prosecutors have closed a probe into America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff -- Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz. -- on abuse of power with no charges filed.
- Fast Food May Soon Come With Obamacare Surcharge
August 31 2012 4:18 PM
Fast-food franchise owners say the Affordable Care Act could virtually put them out of business with its requirements that they provide health-care coverage.
- A Decade Too Late, Al Gore Calls For End To US Electoral College
August 31 2012 2:54 PM
In one of the less surprising developments of the week, it turns out Al Gore is not a big fan of the U.S. electoral college.
- Democrats Blast Republican National Convention As 'Open Mic For 2016 Candidates'
August 31 2012 1:04 PM
Critics say the event was all bark with no indication of how Republicans will execute the bite -- or, in fact, a dress rehearsal for the next presidential election
- Pregnant Holly Madison?s Boyfriend Pasquale Rotella May Be Facing Over 13 Years In Jail
August 31 2012 9:50 AM
It's not time to start picking out something blue or pink, but Holly Madison's boyfriend and expectant father Pasquale Rotella may be picking out something orange. The Playboy model's baby daddy may be heading to jail.
- In Acceptance Speech, Romney Keeps Focus On Obama
August 30 2012 11:25 PM
Mitt Romney accepted the Republican nomination for president on Thursday night with a speech proclaiming XXX
- College Football 2012: Georgia Promotes English Bulldog Russ To Uga IX
August 30 2012 5:10 PM
As the Georgia Bulldogs get set to open their 2012 college football season against SUNY-Buffalo, the team will be cheered on by its new permanent official mascot, Uga IX.
- Obama Scores Point In Voting Rights Battle As Court Rejects Texas Voter ID
August 30 2012 2:54 PM
In a victory for the Obama administration, a federal court has rejected a new law requiring Texans to present photo identification before being allowed to vote.
- Patricia Carroll, Black CNN Camerawoman, Speaks Out On RNC Controversy, Says 'I'm Not Surprised'
August 30 2012 2:30 PM
Patricia Carroll, the CNN camerawoman who had nuts thrown at her at the Republican National Convention is speaking out on the incident which resulted in the ejection of two disruptive convention attendees on Wednesday.
- Jeb Bush To Mitt Romney: Be More Human, 'Connect Emotionally' In Convention Speech
August 30 2012 1:48 PM
Jeb Bush says though it is going to be hard for Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential nominee should "show his heart" to connect with people -- something he hasn't been able to do yet.
- Two-Faced Cat Is A Miracle, See Video Of Frank And Louie, The Cat That Shattered Guinness World Records 2012
August 30 2012 10:33 AM
A rare two-faced cat, born with two faces, two mouths, two noses and three eyes, has lived for 12 years, according to the Associated Press. Frank and Louie the two-faced cat is the pet of Marty Stevens of Worcester, Mass., who rescued the feline from being euthanized because of his condition.
- Republican National Convention Pays Tribute To Wisconsin Sikh Victims With Prayer; Many Dub Effort As Hollow
August 30 2012 4:05 AM
In a first of its kind, a Sikh American delivered the invocation at the Republican National Convention (RNC) Wednesday night, CNN reported.
- Washington Redskins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Preview, Robert Griffin To Sit Against the Buccaneers
August 29 2012 4:52 PM
The Washington Redskins welcome the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to FedEx Field Wednesday night.
- CNN Camerawoman Pelted With Nuts At Republican National Convention; CNN Slow To Respond
August 29 2012 4:06 PM
A CNN camerawoman was pelted with nuts at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday as she was covering the event. The attackers yelled "This is how we feed animals," as they assaulted the African-American camerawoman. Both attackers were quickly escorted out of the Tampa, Florida convention.
- Judge To Toss Florida Voting Restrictions
August 29 2012 2:13 PM
A federal judge is poised to nullify restrictions on third-party voter registration in Florida, saying guidelines imposed by a new law are unnecessarily strict.
- Jeb Bush To Republicans: 'Stop Acting Stupid' On Immigration, Or Lose Latinos
August 29 2012 11:26 AM
Former Florida governor Jeb Bush renewed his call for Republicans to reconsider their immigration platform on Tuesday, warning attendees of a panel discussion that the future of the party is at stake.
- Plaquemines Parish Levee Succumbs To Hurricane Isaac, Storm Stalls Over Louisiana From New Orleans To Baton Rouge
August 29 2012 9:31 AM
Levees overtopped in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana on Wednesday morning as Hurricane Isaac dumped inches of water onto many of the Gulf Coast cities.
- Shari Arison: The Wealthiest Woman In The Middle East
August 29 2012 6:22 AM
Shari Arison is the most powerful woman in Israel and the Middle East, and has a net worth of $3.9 billion to boot. But despite her numerous non-profit organizations and 25% stake in Israel's largest bank, Arison says she doesn't consider herself "a powerful person."