Hurricane Isaac 2012: Fierce Winds, Heavy Rains Strike Gulf Coast; Weather Forecasts Predict Hurricane To Last Two More Days (PHOTOS)After raking Louisiana coast, Hurricane Isaac struck the Gulf Coast at 80-mph winds as the outer bands of hurricane-force winds and dangerous storm surge battered New Orleans, Los Angeles Times reported.
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, one of the GOP's rising stars, brought down the house Tuesday night with a rousing, combative keynote speech at the Republican National Convention.
Ann Romney Discusses Husband Mitt, Their Vision For America During Rousing Republican National Convention SpeechAnn Romney, the wife of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, spoke Tuesday night about her husband, and their shared vision for the future of America during a personal, candid speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla.
- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was officially nominated as the GOP's 2012 presidential candidate at the Republican National Convention Tuesday evening in Tampa.
- The 2012 Republican National Convention is this week, and if you can't be in Tampa, Florida, for the festivities, you can follow along by watching on TV, or you can watch via the free live stream we have posted here for your convenience.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Wave Glider Robot ‘Alex’ Helps Forecast Path, Track and Trajectory of Storm [VIDEO]Hurricane prediction is not always an exact science, but the NOAA is already on the case, developing new ways to forecast the track of hurricanes; in fact, the organization launched one experimental Wave Glider robot named Alex into the ocean weeks ago, hoping the unmanned drone can forecast the direction, path and trajectory of future storms.
RNC Fundraising Events: Assault Rifle Raffles, 'Milk and Cookies' With Lindsey Graham And One Really Expensive Journey ConcertRepublicans have scheduled more than 200 fundraising events during their time in Tampa, Fla., for the Republican National Convention.
- The congressional candidate and RNC speaker could be the first black Republican woman elected to the House of Representatives.
- Hurricane Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, has wreaked havoc both in the sky and out at sea, cancelling over 1,300 flights and stranding thousands of cruise ship passengers. For those traveling during the hurricane season, here's a bit of advice.
- The RNC draft committee has come up with a platform that was recently called "the most conservative" in modern history. But some Republicans have spoken out against some of its more controversial positions.
- As Hurricane Isaac makes its way onto the Louisiana coast and into New Orleans, President Barack Obama will reportedly make a live statement from the White House at 10 a.m. The address will broadcasted on all major TV news networks as well as live streamed via the White House website.
- Mitt Romney and the Republican National Convention delegates held court among the keen observers of the U.S. politics as the convention got off to a subdued start Monday, lasting barely a minute owing to the concerns about Tropical Storm Isaac becoming a full-fledged hurricane.
- After saturating Florida with heavy rains and strong winds, tropical storm Isaac is now on the verge of becoming a hurricane, with significant storm surge and flood threat to the northern Gulf coast, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- Though Isaac is still being classified as a tropical storm, many are comparing it to Hurricane Katrina considering it is expected to make landfall near New Orleans and on the seventh anniversary of the devastating storm.
- Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) co-founder Dustin Moskovitz has sold 450,000 shares of his old company for around $8.7 million, according to a regulatory filing, but when it comes to his own ventures, expect him to remain independent.
- As Republican delegates nervously track Tropical Storm Isaac's path for signs the storm could sweep across Tampa, Jindal will remain in his home state of Louisiana to oversee its response to yet another major storm.
Naomi Campbell’s Turkish Island House Described As Energy Efficient, Other Stars Who Support SustainabilityNaomi Campbell’s Turkish island house was given as a gift to the star nearly a year ago in September, but the supermodel hasn’t always lived such a lavish life. It was recently reported that while Campbell was growing up, her mother was pushed to sell her home in order to pay for her daughter’s stage school.
Hurricane Isaac 2012: Google Provides Tropical Storm Path Maps, Forecasted Track, Shelters, And Emergency InformationGoogle Crisis Response, one of Google's thousands of active projects that merges various Google tools like Maps, Docs, Forms and Earth, posted a new webpage dedicated to Tropical Storm Isaac - soon to be Hurricane Isaac - in an effort to disseminate helpful information about the hurricane's path, its forecasted track, and how local residents can stay safe during this emergency situation.
- As residents are deciding whether to evacuate Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, Tropical Storm Isaac is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane over the eastern Gulf of Mexico. Here are some ways you can prepare for the storm.