- Christian Slater has joined the cast of Lars von Trier's sexually charged drama "Nymphomaniac." Amidst reports, courtesy of Shia LaBeouf, that it will contain "real" sex scenes, the controversial film is getting massive attention. The Danish director, who has clashed with such stars as Bjork and Nicole Kidman, is known for making outlandish statements. For instance, at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, he referred to himself as a "Nazi."
- The death of US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three members of his staff in Benghazi is a tragedy, and they join a long line of diplomats who died representing their nations.
- Far-right Dutch politician and leader of the ultra-conservative Freedom Party (PVV) Geert Wilders formerly established his party in parliament on a platform of Islamophobic anti-immigration, and now seeks to turn nationalist sentiment against the eurozone amid frustrations with debt-laden countries like Greece, Italy and Spain. Poll indicate his party will lose seats this election, but it has defied expectations in the past.
- Market bulls charged on Wednesday -- running U.S. stock futures, European stocks, the euro, oil and gold higher -- in the wake of a German court ruling that backs the country's participation in the euro zone's new bailout fund created to prevent the weakest euro economies from going bust. However, some economists warn that it's too early to sound the all-clear on the fate of the single currency bloc.
- Germany's Constitutional Court Wednesday gave its approval for the implementation of the bailout fund in the euro zone while outlining certain conditions, including Germany's total exposure to the funds.
- Most European markets rose Wednesday with investors awaiting Germany's Constitutional Court to approve the euro zone's new bailout fund to help reduce the debt stress faced by the countries in the region.
- Asian shares edged higher Wednesday as investors remained cautiously optimistic that a German court would approve the legality of the euro zone's bailout fund later in the day and the U.S. Federal Reserve may deliver further stimulus measures this week.
USA vs. Jamaica: Watch Live Stream Online of World Cup Qualifier; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage as the United States men's national team takes on Jamaica in Columbus, Ohio, plus a full preview, team news and prediction.
- The most important court decision of 2012 will take place Wednesday in Germany, when the red-robed justices of the German Constitutional Court hand down a decision for which it is no hyperbole to say it could change the course of history. The Court is expected to rule over whether Germany is barred from contributing to the European Stability Mechanism, Europe's all-purpose bailout fund of which the German state is the major planned benefactor.
- Asian stock markets declined Tuesday as investors opted for caution ahead of key events including German court ruling on ESM constitutionality and the U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting later this week.
- Most U.S. employers are unwilling to add workers because of uncertainty around November's elections, the Federal budget, and the effect of Europe's slowdown, according to a quarterly hiring survey by ManpowerGroup. The pace of hiring is expected to slow in large emerging economies including China and India.
- A look at five players likely to be on Chelsea's radar heading into the next transfer window.
- The summer sports lifted the host nation's mood as Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis, and David Weir were cheered on in the centre of the city.
- From Daimler trucks in Germany to tractors in Brazil, Rohit Saboo's Indian automotive parts are making their way into vehicles all over the world. But as he scales up exports to compensate for slowing growth at home, a lack of spending on innovation is undermining his sales pitch.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: Report Says Device Will Work On The Fastest Global LTE Networks But Not Likely On All CarriersApple fans all around the world widely assume that the company's upcoming "iPhone 5" will have the LTE functionality. A new WSJ report said that the handset would work on the fastest 4G LTE networks around the world, including those in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- The week is chock-full with data releases, but the Federal Reserve's policy meeting on Sept. 12-13 will carry the most weight.
Italy vs. Bulgaria: Watch Live Stream Online of World Cup Qualifier; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage as Italy travel to Bulgaria for their opening World Cup qualifier, plus a full preview, team news and prediction.