- Facebook Ad Exchange Boasts Massive Return On Investment; Is The Social Network Finally Ready To Take On Google?
September 13 2012 4:26 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) experienced a brief respite this week following several weeks of dismal business prospects and plummeting share prices. Launching an initial beta mode of its new advertising system known as Facebook Exchange Facebook Exchange (FBX), advertising partners revealed good news that might finally reverse the SanFrancisco-based social media giant's post-IPO fortunes: Facebook is now better at gathering advertising clicks from web users than its fellow internet giant and chief r...
- Google, Boingo Expand Wi-Fi Partnership With Another 4,000 Hotspots: What This Means For The Future Business Of Wireless Providers
September 11 2012 4:33 PM
Google Inc. and Boingo Wireless Inc., made another bold move Tuesday to position themselves as a prominent resource for wireless services by establishing another 4,000 mobile hotspots across the United States. As a promotional event to advertise the new expanded partnership with the companies are also making Wi-Fi free in all the new locations "through the end of September," Boingo said in a statement.
- Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi: Solving Syria Crisis Is An Arab Responsibility
September 05 2012 9:14 AM
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi said representatives from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iran would meet behind closed doors during the Arab League summit to discuss the path toward ending the Syrian crisis.
- Amazon Sells Out Of Kindle Fire, Then Says It's Making Big Annoucment Next Week
August 30 2012 3:10 PM
Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Sells Another $34.2M In Stock
August 30 2012 1:26 PM
Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), sold another 50,000 shares of the company worth around $34.2 million, according to documents filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Sells $69.3 Million in Stock
August 29 2012 2:57 PM
Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG), has sold 103,193 shares of the company worth around $69.3 million, according to Tuesday filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Facebook Co-Founder Dustin Moskovitz Sold 450,000 Shares, But Won't Be Selling Himself
August 27 2012 3:57 PM
Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) co-founder Dustin Moskovitz has sold 450,000 shares of his old company for around $8.7 million, according to a regulatory filing, but when it comes to his own ventures, expect him to remain independent.
- Frank Gehry And Facebook: A Surprisingly Pastoral Partnership
August 24 2012 4:45 PM
Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB)'s stock may be sinking, but it is forging ahead with an expansion to its campus in Menlo Park, Calif., designed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry.
- Why Does Barry Diller's IAC Want To Buy About.com?
August 21 2012 6:25 PM
Barry Diller's IAC/Interactivecorp reportedly has offered more than $300 million to buy information website About.com from the New York Times Co., in a move to expand IAC's Ask.com division.
- Apple's Market Value Beats Microsoft Record During 1999 Bubble
August 21 2012 12:25 AM
Apple Inc's market value climbed past $623 billion on Monday, surpassing the record set by Microsoft Corp during the heyday of technology stocks in 1999.
- Google's Motorola Files Patent Case Against Apple; Aims To Block US Imports Of iPhone, iPad, Mac Computers
August 19 2012 4:21 AM
Google Inc's (GOOG), Motorola Mobility filed a new patent infringement case against Apple Inc. (AAPL) claiming features of Apple devices including location reminders, e-mail notification, phone/ video players, and Siri's voice-recognition program infringe on seven of Motorola Mobility patents.
- Google's Motorola Mobility Cutting 4,000 Jobs
August 13 2012 7:29 AM
Google Inc. (Nasdaq:GOOG) said Monday it will cut 4,000 jobs from its Motorola Mobility unit, roughly 20 percent of its current staff, and close or consolidate 30 of its 90 facilities.
- Pre-Market Movers (Focus Media Holding, Research In Motion, Google, Knight Capital Group, CenturyLink, Logitech International, Facebook, J.C. Penney)
August 13 2012 6:22 AM
Focus Media Holding Limited, Research In Motion Limited, Google Inc, Knight Capital Group Inc, CenturyLink Inc, Logitech International SA, Facebook Inc and J.C. Penney Company Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Monday.
- Where Wealth Thrives and Innovates
August 10 2012 5:15 PM
A surprising wealth of information about the world's most prosperous people can be discovered in two new reports. The Chinese Millionaire Wealth Report 2012, put together by GroupM and the Hurun Report, found that there are now a million millionaires in China. On average, a Chinese millionaire is 39 years old, has an average of four luxury watches, vacations in France, and owns a business.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Drops Out As One Of Top 10 Tech Billionaires, Making A Bad Week Worse
August 06 2012 2:02 AM
The past week was not kind to billionaire Mark Zuckerberg, chairman and CEO of Facebook Inc. Capping it all was word that Zuckerberg had lost his place among the 10 richest technology billionaires, at least temporarily. How can Zuckerberg climb his way back to the top?
- Apple v Samsung Case: Can A Product Be Too 'Apple-ish'?
August 02 2012 6:40 AM
It may be hard to encapsulate in words, but consumers know when they're looking at something in a product that Apple did first.
- Ross Levinsohn Leaves Yahoo: A Triumph of Tech Over Media?
July 30 2012 6:08 PM
Ross Levinsohn, the former interim CEO of Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) has left the company after it hired Marissa Mayer from Google Inc. (Nasdaq: GOOG) as its new chief executive, All Things D reported, suggesting the Silicon Valley giant's focus on its technology division over its media properties.
- Facebook Stock May Swing After Announcement of Its Earnings
July 25 2012 2:26 PM
Investors in Facebook stock are bracing themselves for something wild. The market is bracing for big swings in Facebook Inc (FB.O) shares after the social media company reports earnings for the first time as a public company.
- Facebook Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Revenue Rises From Ads Despite Competition
July 24 2012 4:03 PM
Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB), the world's largest social networking platform, is expected to post a profit in its first quarter as a publicly traded company following revenue growth in the April-through-June period.
- Pre-Market Movers (Ocean Power, Google, Diageo, Microsoft, Salesforce.com, Chipotle, Vodafone, ARM Holdings)
July 20 2012 6:49 AM
Ocean Power Technologies, Google, Diageo plc, Microsoft Corp, salesforce.com, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Amyris, Vodafone Group Plc and ARM Holdings plc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.