Articles by Hillary Clinton
- Aung San Suu Kyi Meets With Hillary Clinton In DC
September 18 2012 1:35 PM
Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is in Washington D.C. on Tuesday to meet with Hillary Clinton and receive the Congressional Gold Medal for her human rights work.
- Aung San Suu Kyi Arrives In US, As Myanmar Frees More Than 500 Prisoners
September 17 2012 1:58 PM
Myanmar opposition politician Aung San Suu Kyi arrived in the United States on Monday. Her 17-day stateside schedule includes meetings with Hillary Clinton and several U.S. politicians, as well as awards ceremonies and speaking arrangements from New York to Indiana to California.
- WIll The Libyan Attacks Make The U.S. Leery Of Intervening In Syria?
September 12 2012 5:16 PM
The Middle East is looking increasingly unsteady with the attacks in Libya and the protests in Egypt, which may further deter the U.S. from eventually intervening in Syria.
- Russia And China Okay IAEA Resolution Demanding Iran Cease Nuclear Program
September 12 2012 4:38 PM
The U.S. and its allies have long sought to pressure Russia and China into backing such a statement against Iran, amidst fears that Israel would unilaterally attack Iran in a pre-emptive measure in lieu of finding a diplomatic solution to the crisis.
- Salafist Militants May Be Attackers Of U.S. Consulate In Benghazi
September 12 2012 3:57 PM
A radical Islamic group could be behind the Tuesday attack against the U.S. Consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi. Few, but well armed, the militants can wreak serious havoc in Libya's chaotic new democracy.
- Drones May Play A Role In Hunting Down Libya U.S. Consulate Attackers
September 12 2012 3:38 PM
The U.S. may soon send drones over Libya to help hunt down the perpetrators of the attack on its consulate in Benghazi, which killed four people including Ambassador Christopher Stevens. Whether that means the U.S. will rely on Libyan forces to carry out attacks, or will act on its own, remains highly speculative.
- Xi Jinping Suffered Heart Attack: Report
September 12 2012 2:52 PM
Communist Party officials have been reticent to comment on Xi’s condition.
- Watch Live Stream Of President Obama's Statement On Christopher Stevens And Benghazi, Libya Attacks
September 12 2012 10:05 AM
The White House has announced that President Obama will deliver a live statement at 10:35 Wednesday on the attacks in Libya that took the life of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens .
- Chinese Rumor Mills Swing Into Action On Xi Jinping's Supposed 'Disappearance'
September 10 2012 11:41 AM
The public absence of key officials breeds rumor in China, where transparency at the top is scant and netizens are quick to throw out scenarios.
- Syria: Over 20 Killed In Car Bomb Attacks Near Army Compounds In Aleppo
September 10 2012 5:18 AM
Two bombs exploded near army compounds in the Syrian city of Aleppo Sunday night, killing more than 20 people and injuring around 60 of President Bashar al-Assad's forces and residents.
- Officially 'Terrorists': The Haqqani Network, And Why The U.S. Blacklisted Them
September 07 2012 3:53 PM
The Haqqani network is one of the most violent groups of insurgents in the Middle East. On Friday, Hillary Clinton officially blacklisted them by declaring them a "Foreign Terrorist Organization."
- Clinton Visits East Timor Signaling US Status As ‘Resident Pacific Power’
September 06 2012 7:46 AM
While former U.S. President Bill Clinton delivered a speech to the Democratic National Convention for President Barack Obama in Charlotte, North Carolina, Wednesday, his wife and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was sipping her coffee at a bean-processing unit in East Timor, her fourth stop in an 11-day foreign tour.
- Bill Clinton Praises Obama's Economic Policies, Patience and Perseverance In DNC Address
September 06 2012 12:11 AM
"I want you to know I believe it. With all my heart, I believe it," Clinton said, telling the audience that President Obama is the person who will improve the lives of middle class families.
- DNC 2012: Bill Clinton Speech Excerpt Indicates Former President Will Push Obama Economic Message
September 05 2012 9:46 PM
"The most important question is, what kind of country do you want to live in? If you want a you're-on-your-own, winner-take-all society, you should support the Republican ticket. If you want a country of shared prosperity and shared responsibility - a we're-all-in-this-together society - you should vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden," reads the prepared remarks.
- US Promises $1B In Debt Relief For Egypt, Even More For Military Aid
September 05 2012 6:37 AM
The United States is getting ready to finalize a deal for $1 billion in debt relief for Egypt, a move that could set a new tone for Egypt-U.S. relations.
- Chinese President's Likely Successor Cancels Meeting With Clinton; Visit Fails To Bridge Divide
September 05 2012 4:26 AM
Chinese President Hu Jintao's touted successor Xi Jinping canceled his meeting with visiting U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on a short notice, a State Department official said Wednesday.
- Clinton's China Trip Reveals A Litany Of Disagreements
September 04 2012 4:43 PM
Differences on a wide range of major international issues are revealing tensions between Beijing and Washington, as well as mutual concerns that the other is playing dirty.
- China Warns US Not To Take Sides In Sea Disputes
September 04 2012 12:52 PM
China warned the United States not to get involved in South China Sea territorial disputes on Tuesday as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived in Beijing pledging to pass on a strong message on the need to calm regional tension.
- South China Sea: Clinton Calls For ASEAN Unity; Chinese Reports Slam US For 'Reinforcing Mistrust'
September 04 2012 6:13 AM
Southeast Asian nations and China must make "meaningful progress" in drafting a code of conduct to deal with territorial disputes in the South China Sea, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Tuesday.
- The World’s Largest Marine Park
August 30 2012 11:08 AM
The Cook Islands, New Caledonia and fellow members of the Pacific Islands Forum have laid out an ambitious plan to protect some 40 million square kilometers of ocean, an area larger than the surface of the moon.