Articles by Iceland
- LIVERPOOL TRANSFER NEWS: Johnson and Sigurdsson on the Move to Anfield?
June 08 2012 5:13 PM
The latest news surrounding Liverpool's transfer activity as Brendan Rodgers looks to bring in his own faces at Anfield.
- The Politics Of Gay Marriage: Why Liberal Denmark Waited 23 Years For Legalization
June 08 2012 12:47 PM
On Thursday, the government of Denmark approved a law to legalize same-sex marriage. But many are wondering why it took so long?
- VIDEO France 2-0 Serbia: Highlights As Les Bleus Win Is Tainted By M?Vila Injury
May 31 2012 5:02 PM
France continued their preparations for Euro 2012 with a 2-0 win over Serbia.
- Five Best Bangs For Your Buck Around The Globe
May 31 2012 9:35 AM
Surprisingly, the dollar isn't quite the disaster it has been for the last few vacation seasons. Here's a look at five countries where those holding greenbacks can save big.
- US Has Second-Highest Rate Of Childhood Poverty In Developed World, Only Romania Is Worse
May 30 2012 12:59 PM
Only two of the 35 wealthiest countries have rates of relative childhood poverty above 20 percent. The United States shares the dubious honor with a former Communist dictatorship
- Newly Discovered Sensory Organ Helps Whales Grab Meals On The Go
May 24 2012 12:46 PM
Scientists reported Wednesday that they'd found a new sensory organ in the jaw of a fin whale, which they think may help the animals coordinate jaw movements as they lunge toward a meal.
- How Rich Is Mark Zuckerberg? Wealthier Than Chad And 60 Other Countries
May 18 2012 2:43 PM
As soon as Facebook went public Friday, co-founder Mark Zuckerberg became an instant multi-billionaire.
- National Defense Authorization Act Provisions Blocked By Federal Judge
May 17 2012 11:10 AM
A federal judge has ruled that provisions of a new law authorizing the U.S. government to indefinitely detain citizens violate the First and Fifth amendments, undercutting the Obama administration's claim that the measures are constitutional.
- Germany Faces Political Isolation
May 15 2012 6:47 PM
One month ago it appeared that Germany held the whip hand in its titanic struggle against those seeking to cure all economic ills with the snake oil of currency debasement. Now, it appears that the ground beneath its feet is being swept away in a flood of popular unrest and political exploitation. The recent elections in Europe, which highlight both the strong grass roots revolt against Germanic demands in Greece and France show that the cause of sound money and fiscal prudence to be a lonely an...
- Manchester United Transfer Rumor: Red Devils Preparing Massive Summer Shopping List?
May 01 2012 5:22 AM
If rumors are to be believed, English Premier League heavyweights Manchester United have prepared a hefty summer shopping list that will see the club spending big for bringing in desired players when the transfer window opens at the end of the current season.
- Martian Glass Indicates Water, Possibly Life, On The Red Planet
April 26 2012 5:07 PM
Mars is full of glass dunes that bode well for the existence of water and even microbial life on the red plant, according to a recent study.
- Ex-Iceland PM Haarde Guilty In Banking Crisis Case, But Won't Face Jail
April 23 2012 10:54 AM
A court in Iceland has found former Prime Minister Geir Haarde guilty of one of four charges related to the 2008 financial crisis.
- First Deflation then Inflation, Phase One and Two
April 20 2012 7:58 AM
People wonder why gold is not already say $5000 (it certainly could be) right now, given the fact that the US Fed alone and the US treasury have either given directly or bought (or guaranteed) up to $20 trillion USD worth of world bad debt/bonds/CDS/derivatives, you name it. That money went to US and European and other world banks and financial institutions into a literal rat's nest of opaque levered multilayered contracts and leverage...
- Eric Justin Toth Added To FBI's Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitives: Who Is He? [PHOTO]
April 10 2012 11:41 AM
The FBI updated their Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Lists to include Eric Justin Toth, a former private school teacher wanted for allegedly possessing child pornography and producing child porn.
- Japan Turns To Geothermal Energy Amid Nuclear Uncertainty
April 04 2012 1:17 PM
Japan plans to build the nation's largest geothermal power plant in Fukushima Prefecture, the location of the massive earthquake and tsunami which led to last year's nuclear disaster.
- World of Darkness MMO Revealed (Footage, Details and More)
March 26 2012 7:56 AM
World of Darkness is mostly based on the White Wolf tabletop RPG and focuses primarily on one major element of the supernatural world – vampires.
- Watson Pharmaceuticals To Acquire Actavis For Around $7 Billion
March 22 2012 5:45 AM
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc is reported to be closing on the acquisition of Actavis for about $7 billion.
- New iPad Release: Apple Sells 3 Million Units in 3 Days Since Launch
March 19 2012 5:14 PM
In three short days, Apple has sold off more three million copies of its third-generation iPad, simply called the new iPad, the company said in a statement released Monday. The new iPad features a stunning new Retina Display, which is the best screen to ever grace a tablet, the speeds of 4G LTE connectivity, an improved 5-megapixel iSight rear camera, and a bigger battery to power 10 hours of life.
- Central Banks Beat Up on Private Creditors
March 13 2012 6:36 PM
Last week the Greek government, with the heavy handed support of its larger friends in the Eurozone, succeeded in coercing some 85.8 percent of private sector bondholders to voluntarily exchange €206 billion-worth of Greek sovereign bonds for newer bonds with longer maturities, lower coupon rates, and a face value of 53.5 percent less than the original paper. The benignly termed haircut (more accurately described as a scalping) is particularly painful for those buyers w...
- Man Vs. Wild's Bear Grylls Fired: Discovery Channel Cites Contract Dispute
March 13 2012 4:20 PM
The man famous for drinking his own urine has been axed from his own show.