- Iceland’s Helka Volcano ‘Ready to Erupt’: What Does this Mean for European Air Travel?
July 06 2011 5:02 PM
Scientists in Iceland warn that the country’s most feared volcano could erupt at any time.
- Jake Gyllenhaal on Man vs. Wild [VIDEO]
June 21 2011 5:35 PM
Actor Jake Gyllenhaal will join Bear Grylls on the Discovery Channel survival show Man vs. Wild, also known as Born Survivor: Bear Grylls or Ultimate Survival, Entertainment Weekly reports.
- 'Take the Square' on Sunday June 19 for a 'Global Revolution'
June 17 2011 3:42 PM
A 'Global Revolution' may come to your city this weekend as citizens of every nation are asked to 'Take to the Square' on Sunday, June 19.
- Forex: Month End Review May 2011, USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD, AUD, NZD
June 01 2011 1:27 PM
Forex: Month End Review May 2011, USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD, AUD, NZD
- Best pictures from the Grimsvotn volcano eruption
May 27 2011 11:37 AM
We take a look at some of the great photographs taken after the Grimsvotn volcano eruption
- Icebergs get covered in ash from Iceland volcano eruption (PHOTOS)
May 27 2011 5:40 AM
Ash from Iceland's Grimsvotn volcano eruption has formed a sheet over icebergs in the glacier lagoon at the base of Vatnajokull.
- Iceland volcano producing steam and smoke: officials
May 26 2011 8:28 AM
Iceland volcano should calm down within few days because its producing steam and not ash, police told Reuters on Thursday. There will be no further disturbance to flights in northern Europe.
- Iceland's ash eruption dies down
May 26 2011 1:32 AM
Iceland's volcanic eruption that had disrupted the European airspace has stopped spewing out ash, officials said on Wednesday and airlines are back in track after about 1,000 flight cancellations in Northern Europe.
- WWOOFing: An Alternative Green Vacation
May 25 2011 2:43 PM
As the world slowly turns greener, alternative vacations allow people to immerse themselves in organic farming and clean living.
- Iceland's ash eruption ends, flights to resume: officials
May 25 2011 9:13 AM
Iceland's volcanic eruption has stopped spewing out ash, officials said on Wednesday and airlines are back in track after about a 1,000 flight cancellations in Northern Europe.
- Ash Cloud Moves Over Germany, Cancels More Flights
May 25 2011 9:09 AM
Grimsvotn's pesky ash cloud moves into Germany, bringing more airport closures and flight cancellations.
- Iceland Volcano: German Airports Face Traffic Disruption (PHOTOS)
May 25 2011 7:47 AM
Iceland's most active volcano, Grimsvotn, began erupting on Saturday, causing airlines to cancel over 1,000 flights in northern Europe on Tuesday and Wednesday due to fears over aviation safety. Ash cloud warnings over Britain and Ireland were lifted on Wednesday but in Germany, Bremen and Hamburg airports were briefly closed and Berlin was also expected to be disrupted.
- Grimsvotn eruption dying out but ash still persists over Europe
May 25 2011 6:37 AM
Northern Europe which suffered a setback due air traffic disruption from Icelandic volcanic ash on Wednesday was provided with hope when experts said the eruption was rapidly dying down, a report said
- Video Footage of Grimsvotn Volcano's Eruption in Iceland
May 24 2011 4:27 PM
The Grimsvotn eruption began Saturday May 21 at 5:30 p.m. local time, sending an ash cloud 12 miles into the sky. More ash was released in the first 48 hours of the eruption (an estimated 120 million tons) than the Eyjafjallajokull volcano released during its entire 2010 eruption. Here's the dramatic footage.
- Iceland: The Country of Wonders that Can Stop the World (PHOTOS)
May 24 2011 3:37 PM
As Iceland’s geothermal wonders make headlines for the second year in a row, we take a look at the landscape of this stunning island nation.
- Iceland’s Volcano Aftermath From Space (PHOTOS)
May 24 2011 11:29 AM
NASA's satellites are at work again, getting images of the Grímsvötn volcano in Iceland from space.
- Iceland Volcano: Defiant airline flies through Grimsvotn ash cloud
May 24 2011 10:27 AM
While the recent Icelandic volcano eruption is grounding flights across Europe, one bold airline that flew a plane t through the ash cloud is calling for lighter restrictions.
- Obama in Ireland: Crowds, Officials, Guinness, Distant Relatives as Europe Tour Rolls [PHOTOS]
May 24 2011 9:52 AM
President Barack Obama opened his four-nation, six-day tour through Europe with a stop in Ireland on Monday. There, he downed a pint of Guinness, traversed to the tiny town of Moneygall to meet distant relatives, and spoke to an estimated cheering crowd of 25,000 in Dublin.
- Volcanic Ash Cancels 252 Flights as Airlines Scramble for a Plan
May 24 2011 9:24 AM
252 flights have been cancelled from Scotland down to Newcastle in northern England and more cancellations are expected.
- Barcelona Vs Manchester United - Icelandic volcano ash rushes Barca to London
May 24 2011 8:27 AM
Barcelona's preparations for the UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United took a hit as they will be forced to land in London two days ahead of schedule due to fears of the ash from the Icelandic volcano Grimsvotn which errupted recently.