Articles by Iceland
- Iceland volcanic ash forces cancellation of flights across Europe
May 24 2011 7:50 AM
The ash clouds from the Grimsvotn volcano in Ireland have forced airlines to cancel the flights across northern Britain on Tuesday. Hundreds of people will be grounded in Scandinavia and Denmark as the ash spreads.
- Iceland Volcano: Latest Images of Disruption (PHOTOS)
May 24 2011 6:13 AM
A volcanic eruption at Grimsvotn has hit Iceland on May 21, sending a huge bubbling mass of ash and smoke, accompanied by multiple earthquakes.
- Iceland’s Luxury Geothermal Playground: The Blue Lagoon
May 23 2011 4:51 PM
As Iceland’s volcanic ash continues to demand an audience, we take a look at one geothermal wonder that should have you on the next flight into the country.
- Obama visits family roots in Ireland
May 23 2011 4:12 PM
U.S. President Barack Obama declared solidarity between the United States and economically struggling Ireland with a symbolic gulp of beer and a rousing speech, telling a huge Dublin crowd on Monday: Your best days are still ahead.
- Iceland Volcanic Eruption Differs From Last Year's
May 23 2011 4:00 PM
While the eruption of the Grímsvötn volcano in Iceland is the most powerful in decades, it isn't likely to cause the same kinds of disruption as Eyjafjallajökull did last year.
- Airports in Iceland Will Reopen after Volcanic Eruption
May 23 2011 3:02 PM
Iceland’s top carrier says that the country will reopen its main airport late Monday.
- Obama Leaving Ireland Early as Iceland Ash Plume Shifts
May 23 2011 2:02 PM
President Barack Obama will depart from Ireland to London earlier than planned on Monday after concerns of volcanic ash from an eruption in Iceland.
- Scottish Airline Cancels Flights Due To Iceland Volcanic Ash
May 23 2011 12:57 PM
Scottish airline Loganair has cancelled 36 flights in response to the threat from the volcanic ash.
- EUR/USD - May 2010 déjà vu: Iceland volcano eruption, Greece sovereign debt crisis...
May 23 2011 10:57 AM
EUR/USD - May 2010 déjà vu: Iceland volcano eruption, Greece sovereign debt crisis...
- Grimsvotn volcano eruption: Some key facts
May 23 2011 7:44 AM
So far the European airspace has not been affected by the eruption of the Iceland's most active volcano, reports say.
- Iceland Volcano: Ash Fall Forecast For Next 24 Hours
May 23 2011 3:50 AM
Iceland Meteorological department has issued the following forecast for the whole country for the next 24 hours.
- Record number of lightning observed in Iceland volcanic ash (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
May 23 2011 1:55 AM
The British Met. Office monitoring lightning activity in the ash plume from Iceland's Grimsvotn volcano recorded the number of lightning per hour 1000 times more than during the Eyjafjallajokull eruption in May 2010.
- Latest photos of Iceland's Grimsvotn Volcano Eruption (PHOTOS)
May 23 2011 12:18 AM
Iceland closed its main international airport and canceled domestic flights on Sunday as the country's most active Grimsvotn volcano's eruption sent a plume of ash, smoke and steam high into the sky.
- Europe Safe from Iceland Volcano Ash, at Least for 24 Hours
May 22 2011 5:30 PM
European airspace has not been affected by the eruption of Iceland's most active volcano, Grimsvotn. No European or transatlantic flights have been disrupted so far
- Iceland's volcano eruption troubles the local, airports wait till at least noon Monday
May 22 2011 4:39 PM
An eruption at Grimsvotn has hit Iceland at 19:25UTC on May 21, sending a huge bubbling mass of ash and smoke, which seeped above the clouds for 12 miles, and was accompanied by multiple earthquakes.
- Dramatic Photos of Iceland's Grimsvotn Volcano Eruption
May 22 2011 4:25 PM
Iceland's airports were closed Sunday and transatlantic flights were being diverted around that country's airspace after a major volcanic eruption.
- Iceland’s Grimsvotn volcano erupts; air traffic disruption unlikely
May 22 2011 2:15 AM
Iceland’s Grimsvotn volcano has started erupting, emitting plumes of smoke 18,000 foot, according to reports. According to Iceland’s Meteorological Office, the volcanic eruption was accompanied by a series of small earthquakes.
- Volcano Eruption triggers 50 earthquakes in Iceland
May 21 2011 4:31 PM
Iceland's most active volcano started erupting Saturday, sending ash and soot shooting 18,000 feet into the sky.
- May 21st Doomsday Sparks Intense Interest Online: Harold Camping Fails Again
May 21 2011 4:28 PM
Whether observers believed it or not, a California broadcaster's unwavering conviction that doomsday was set to strike on May 21, 2011 has sparked intense interest online, with thousands of Twitter users weighing in.
- US behind S.Korea, UK in broadband adoption, download speed
May 21 2011 4:28 AM
The United States is still lagging behind other industrialized countries in terms of broadband adoption and download speed, according to a report released by the Federal Communications Commission on Friday.