Articles by India
- Google Rejects White House Request To Remove ?Innocence Of Muslims? Clip
September 15 2012 2:49 AM
Google Friday refused to comply with the White House request to reconsider its decision to not remove an anti-Islam film from YouTube, Reuters reported.
- Weekly Roundup: Asian Markets Rally As Fed Announces QE3
September 15 2012 12:00 AM
Most of the Asian markets gained in the week as investor confidence was lifted following the announcement of another round of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve which is expected to rejuvenate the economic growth.
- Indian Muslims Stirred, But Not Shaken, By 'Innocence Of Muslims' Protests
September 14 2012 3:57 PM
Despite a 15,000-person protest against the U.S. Consulate in India-controlled Kashmir over the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims," most Indian Muslims have remained rather nonplussed by the outbreaks of violence and demonstrations to the west of them.
- Photos After A Week Of Anti-American Protests At Embassies In Yemen, Cairo, Sudan And Libya
September 14 2012 3:54 PM
Protests in response at least in part to an anti-Islam film produced in the United States are continuing to pop up at embassies across the world on Friday.
- Australia Culls 100,000 Feral Camels To Limit Environmental Damage
September 14 2012 2:42 PM
Some 100,000 feral camels have been culled from the Australian outback in order to control the population level and limit the environmental damage they cause.
- Vera Wang Debuts India-Inspired Spring 2013 Collection At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
September 14 2012 1:37 PM
Vera Wang drew inspiration from India for her Spring 2013 debuted at New York Fashion Week on Tuesday using traditional facets of the typical Indian wardrobe, like the Nehru collar, gold embroidery and Choli jacket.
- India Opens Gates To Foreign Retailers, Broadcasters, Airlines Amid Slowing Economy
September 14 2012 12:24 PM
The government of India, the world's 10th largest economy by gross domestic product, passed wide-ranging laws on Friday expanding foreign investment in the retail, broadcasting and airline sectors, opening its doors to companies like Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) amid slowing growth.
- Google Blocking Access To ‘Innocence Of Muslims’ In Middle East, India
September 14 2012 11:23 AM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, said it’s blocked access to the controversial “Innocence of Muslims”on YouTube in countries with large Muslim populations, including India, Libya and Egypt. But Afghanistan's government blocked all access to YouTube, claiming the video is offensive.
- India's August WPI Increases Unexpectedly, Markets, Rupee Gains On Government Measures
September 14 2012 7:03 AM
India's wholesale price index (WPI) rose to a higher-than-expected 7.55 percent in July on annual basis, driven mainly by higher non-food prices, dashing hopes for rate cuts by the Reserve Bank of India.
- Pre-Market Movers (Agnico-Eagle, ICICI Bank, Alcatel, Nokia, ArcelorMittal, Facebook, United States Steel, Werner, Western Digital)
September 14 2012 6:44 AM
Agnico-Eagle Mines, ICICI Bank, Alcatel Lucent SA, Nokia Corp, ArcelorMittal, Facebook Inc, United States Steel Corp, Werner Enterprises and Western Digital Corp. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Worldwide Security Infrastructure Market Will Grow 8.4 Percent By End Of 2012: Gartner
September 14 2012 5:47 AM
At a time when IT budgets are feeling the pressure due to the global economic slowdown, security is expected to remain a priority through 2016, according to a new Gartner report.
- Iran May Be Avoiding Oil Sanctions, Stealthily Transferring Crude
September 13 2012 5:47 PM
Iran appears to be using a tricky system of oil shipping and transferring at the offshore port of Labuan near Malaysia in order to get its crude to Asian markets, skirting Western sanctions.
- Cabinet to Consider Aviation FDI on Friday
September 13 2012 5:57 AM
The cabinet will consider a proposal on Friday to allow foreign airlines to buy stakes in local carriers, moving forward with a much-delayed reform that could revitalise debt-ridden domestic carriers.
- HSBC Cuts India's GDP Forecast For Fiscal 2013, 2014 Citing Lack Of Momentum In Reforms
September 13 2012 4:31 AM
HSBC has cut its India GDP forecast for the fiscal 2013 to 5.7 percent from the previous forecast of 6.2 percent, citing "the lack of reform traction" and a more "challenging" global economic state of affairs.
- Asian Markets Rise On US Easing Hopes
September 13 2012 12:07 AM
Most of the Asian markets made gains Thursday as investors remained hopeful waiting for the policymakers in the U.S. to announce monetary easing measures to boost the global economy and rejuvenate the economic growth momentum.
- 10 Animals That Could Disappear Forever [PHOTOS]
September 12 2012 2:54 PM
Scientists have recently come out with a list of 100 species teetering on the brink of extinction, highlighting animals other than the usual suspects like the giant panda. Take a gander at these adorably doomed creatures.
- Reserve Bank Of India Eases External Commercial Borrowings Limit To Boost Foreign Fund Flow
September 12 2012 3:55 AM
In an attempt to boost foreign fund flow into the country, the Reserve Bank of India eased the limit of external commercial borrowings (ECB) by any individual, company or group.
- India’s Nuclear Power Conundrum: Energy Needs Vs. Safety Concerns
September 11 2012 11:07 AM
India currently has 20 operational nuclear power reactors in India in six states. Seven more plants are under construction and at least 36 more projects are on the drawing board.
- The Great Rhino Rescue: African Communities Band Together To Stop Horn Poaching
September 11 2012 10:52 AM
Rhino poaching has seen a resurgence in recent years due to an increase of demand for their horns in Asian markets. But all across Africa, local community members are working tocreate sanctuaries and lessen the risk of extinction.
- GoDaddy.com Says Most Sites Restored After Cyberattack
September 11 2012 9:20 AM
GoDaddy.com, the popular website that hosts millions of domains for businesses, said it had restored most service Tuesday. On Monday, it was subject to cyberattack by someone claiming to be a member of the Anonymous hacker group.