Articles by India
- Gold Gains Support
August 07 2012 12:42 PM
THE SPOT MARKET cost of buying gold climbed to $1616 an ounce Tuesday morning in London, its highest level so far this week, as commodity prices and stocks markets also edged higher, with the exception of the FTSE which was hit by allegations that one London-listed bank has hidden "secret transactions" from US regulators.
- Dear Sikh Temple Shooter, Some Indians Actually Fought For Hitler And Nazi Germany
August 07 2012 9:56 AM
This is one aspect of World War II that generates much discomfort and controversy in both India and in Europe.
- India Will Modify Taxation Policies To Allay Investors' Worries: Finance Minister
August 07 2012 7:12 AM
India's new finance minister P Chidambaram has said that his topmost priority is to regain the investors' confidence.
- Sikh Temple Killer's Mother Apologizes To Wisconsin Shooting Victims
August 07 2012 2:36 AM
Laura Lynn, the mother of former soldier Wade Michael Page, who shot dead six people and injured three at a Sikh Temple on Sunday, expressed her anguish over how her "precious little boy" had turned into a killer and apologized to the victims of the Wisconsin temple shooting.
- Chidambaram Vows Action on Economy
August 07 2012 12:11 AM
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram sought on Monday to allay investor worries about an economy growing at its weakest pace in almost a decade by pledging to address their concerns over taxes, public finances and interest rates.
- What We Know So Far About Wade Michael Page And The Sikh Temple Shooting
August 06 2012 3:52 PM
More details emerged Monday about the man said to be responsible for the Sikh temple shooting that left six other people dead and four wounded on Sunday in Wisconsin.
- The Largest Company You've Never Heard Of: G4S And The London Olympics
August 06 2012 2:09 PM
The world's third-largest employer suffered a damaged reputation in the wake of its mismanagement of security in London, but it may keep growing all the same. It has always done so.
- S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley, A Former Sikh, Speaks On Wisconsin Temple Shooting
August 06 2012 12:54 PM
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, a former Sikh turned Christian, responded Sunday to the Wisconsin Temple shooting, saying it's sad such an incident happened at a peaceful place of worship.
- Uganda: Forty Years After Idi Amin Expelled Asians
August 06 2012 10:53 AM
The expulsion is largely forgotten today, except by the Ugandan Asians themselves and their descendants who have spread across the world
- Gold Rises On Expectations Of More U.S. Stimulus
August 06 2012 9:28 AM
Gold prices rose on Monday, extending the last session's recovery from four days of declines, as investors bet that Friday's better-than-expected jobs data would not be enough to head off another round of monetary easing in the United States.
- Sikh Temple Shooting: Again Mistaken For Muslims?
August 06 2012 9:12 AM
"That turban has tragically marked us as automatically suspect, perpetually foreign and potentially terrorists."
- Sikhs In India Protest Against Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting (Photos)
August 06 2012 6:18 AM
Condemning the Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting, in which a gunman killed six and critically injured another three on Sunday, hundreds of Sikhs protested in India on Monday.
- Wisconsin Temple Shooting: Sikhs Blame Ignorance About Religion; Killings Bring Debate On Gun Control Back To The Fore
August 06 2012 6:07 AM
The FBI, probing the Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting, in which a gunman killed six and critically injured three others on Sunday, hinted that it could be an act of domestic terrorism. Meanwhile, the Sikh community in the U.S calls it a crime of "hate and ignorance."
- Asian Stocks Rally On US Jobs Data And ECB Hopes
August 06 2012 4:41 AM
Asian stock markets rallied Monday as better-than-expected jobs data from the U.S. and optimism at European action to boost the faltering regional economy buoyed sentiment.
- Air India To Take Delivery Of B787 Dreamliners This Week Amid Engine Safety Concerns
August 06 2012 3:06 AM
The Government of India has given clearance to Air India to take the delivery of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner planes after both sides reached a consensus on compensation to be paid by the aircraft manufacturer for the delay in delivery.
- Asian Stocks Rise On US, Greece Optimism
August 06 2012 12:46 AM
Asian markets rose Monday after the encouraging news from the U.S. that the economy was regaining momentum to a certain extent and that Greece was showing improvement in complying with bailout requirements.
- What Do Sikhs Believe? Religious Beliefs Of Sikhism Questioned In The Wake Of Sunday's Shooting
August 05 2012 7:24 PM
As the inevitable speculation begins in the wake of the shootings at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin on Sunday, it is important to note Sikhism is unrelated to Islam. Sikhism is believed to have more than 20 million adherents around the world and thought to have an estimated 250,000 of them in the U.S.
- At Least 1 Dead, Others Shot After Gunman Opens Fire At Sikh Temple In Wisconsin
August 05 2012 3:13 PM
One person has reportedly been killed and two others shot in a hostage situation in a Wisconsin Sikh temple. The gunman was shot after engaging an officer. Children were said to be among the hostages at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, located about 12 miles south of Milwaukee.
- Asian Stocks Week Ahead: Investors To Focus On Chinese Data
August 05 2012 12:00 AM
Asian stock markets ended with gains last week as the speculation of further stimulus measures from the major central banks offered support. However, markets pared gains after policy makers in the U.S. and Europe failed to offer any new stimulus measures needed to bolster growth. Particularly, the lack of concrete new action by the European Central Bank weighed on the sentiment.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Tablet Priced At $125 Overseas: Meet The Second Tablet To Get Google’s ‘Buttery Smooth’ OS [FEATURES]
August 03 2012 5:54 PM
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet may be garnering attention in the tablet industry, but there may be an unlikely competitor. An Indian company will be offering a tablet running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean that will only cost $125, PCWorld reported.