Windows 8 Release Date Imminent: Microsoft Press Event Invites You To 'Celebrate' The New OS On Oct. 25The Windows 8 release date is nearly here, and Microsoft has just sent out invitations to a press event that is likely to detail the operating system?s new features. The company has been developing its new OS for quite some time, and now the upgraded software is finally ready for its official public unveiling.
Microsoft Surface Tablet Price Hinted By Steve Ballmer; Rumors Indicated Lower Cost For Windows RT DeviceMicrosoft is venturing deeper into the mobile industry with its upcoming Surface tablet, set for an Oct. 26 release date along its next-gen operating system, Windows 8. The official price for the Surface tablet still remains a mystery, but Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has shared some insight as to the role of cost when it comes to determining a device?s quality.
- Since 2001, every iPod, iPhone and iPad has come with a pair of Apple's signature white earphones, "the earbuds." For three years, Apple set out to create a speaker that was comfortable, secure, and provided one of the best audio experiences around. They were three years well-spent: These EarPods are incredible, and they're far superior to any audio experience Apple has created thus far.
- Apple?s iPhone 5 has been called one the most anticipated smartphone launch in history, and the device?s pre-order numbers have proven this to be true. After completely selling out in just one hour on Sept. 14, the iPhone 5 set a new pre-order record for both AT&T and Apple.
First Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Begin Shipping From China; Enthusiasts Start Camping Outside Flagship Apple StoresAs the launch date for Apple iPhone 5 comes closer, customers who placed the first preorders for iPhone 5 are noticing updates that point to their orders being shipped from China, AppleInsider reported.
Apple iPhone 5 First Benchmarks Out: With Dual Core 1.02GHz A6 CPU, 1GB RAM, Device Narrowly Tops High End Android RivalsThe first iPhone 5 benchmark results have hit Geekbench and showed that the sixth generation iPhone, running iOS 6 with a Dual-Core 1.02GHz ARMv7 processor and 1GB of RAM, narrowly beats all previous iOS devices and high end Android products.
Apple iPhone 5 Cases: 13 Brilliant Designs That Highlight (And Protect) The Phone's New Features [PICTURES]Unlike past iPhone launches, where customers could possibly get away with using their old iPhone case on the new model, Apple has endowed the iPhone 5 with a brand-new form factor with a taller and thinner build, a larger 4-inch screen, and several migrated components like the earphone jack and speaker grills. This means that everyone buying the new iPhone 5 will be in the market for new cases to both protect and brand their new purchase. We've scoured the Internet for the coolest iPhone 5 ca...
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, had a good week: its shares vaulted 15 percent after CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared at a forum in San Francisco where he acknowledged mistakes. Now, with Instagram tucked in and commitments for search and mobile, is it a time for another look at half price?
- Apple's new A6 processor represents the company's first attempt to design a custom ARMv7 core that possesses twice the CPU power and twice the GPU power of the previous generation Apple A5 processor that powered iPhone 4S, notes Anand Lal Shimpi.
- Soon after Apple Inc. announced the iPhone 5, customers who preordered the phone online saw their shipping dates pushed back, from Sept. 21 to as far as October, because of high demand. However, it now appears the company may be able to ship on the expected date after all -- at least to some customers.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed; Rumors Indicate Same Launch As Windows Phone 8 [REPORT]The release date for Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 has not officially been revealed yet, but a tip has indicated that it may arrive at the end of next month. According to BGR, a tip has been dropped indicating that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available on AT&T beginning Oct. 21.
- If sales following the iPhone 5 release date are as high as analysts predict, the Apple smartphone could aid the struggling US economy. .
- Only two countries are members of the 1 billion mobile phone users club: China and India. In the latter, Nokia and Samsung are battling for the top spot, but their big worldwide rival is an Indian no-show: Apple and the iPhone. Here's why and what's at stake.
Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Approaches: Of Verizon, AT&T, Or Sprint, Which Is The Best Carrier For LTE Coverage?Apple's first batch of pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 came and went on Friday, but even though the online Apple Store, AT&T stores and Verizon's retail stores are sold out of their initial pre-order stock, there are still thousands of customers dying to get their hands on Apple's latest smartphone innovation. Yet, one thing customers want to know about iPhone 5 before its release date next Friday is about which carrier to choose. Which carrier has the best overall coverage? Which carri...
Apple iPhone 5 Vs Samsung Galaxy S3 And iPhone 4S: How Do They Stack Up Against Each Other [Infographic]In terms of hardware, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has already proved that it is far superior to the iPhone 4S. With that in mind, the iPhone 5 is definitely more adroit to challenge the South Korean company's best bet. Here's an infographic that puts iPhone 5 against both Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S to compare the central statistics of each device.
- Amazing security camera footage has captured several theieves ramming a BMW into an Apple Store in order to steal iPhones. The Apple Store theft occurred on September 6, as the driver slammed his car into the electronics store and an accomplice loaded a bag with phones.
- Preorders have just begun for Apple?s iPhone 5, the highly rumored next-generation smartphone to be released on Sept. 21. Fans now know everything about the device, from its release date, to its features and hardware specs. But when a new smartphone debuts from Apple, fans look forward to move than just the device: they shop for brand new accessories.
- A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission found that Apple hadn?t violated any of Samsung?s patent rights for products designed into the iPhone and iPad product lines. Last month, a jury in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., determined Samsung had infringed upon Apple?s patents and awarded the Cupertino, Calif., company $1.05 billion in compensation.
- The oppressive life in the plants where a third party assembles Apple iPhones remains an integral part of what is needed to deliver the product into the hands of the consumer. Conditions in the factories making the iconic product of the 21st century bring to mind the 19th.