- Apple May Be Shipping IPhone 5 Preorders On Time Again After Pushing Back Dates Due To High Demand
September 15 2012 8:20 PM
Soon after Apple Inc. announced the iPhone 5, customers who preordered the phone online saw their shipping dates pushed back, from Sept. 21 to as far as October, because of high demand. However, it now appears the company may be able to ship on the expected date after all -- at least to some customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed; Rumors Indicate Same Launch As Windows Phone 8 [REPORT]
September 15 2012 4:02 PM
The release date for Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 has not officially been revealed yet, but a tip has indicated that it may arrive at the end of next month. According to BGR, a tip has been dropped indicating that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available on AT&T beginning Oct. 21.
- iPhone 5 Release Date Could Be Major Boost For US Economy, Some Say
September 15 2012 3:04 PM
If sales following the iPhone 5 release date are as high as analysts predict, the Apple smartphone could aid the struggling US economy. .
- Mitt Romney Says He?s ?Kind Of A Snooki Fan?
September 15 2012 2:01 PM
In an interview, presidential candidate Mitt Romney revealed that he is "kind of a fan" of "Jersey Shore" star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.
- 1B Cell Users And No iPhone In India's Hot Mobile-Apps Market
September 15 2012 1:34 PM
Only two countries are members of the 1 billion mobile phone users club: China and India. In the latter, Nokia and Samsung are battling for the top spot, but their big worldwide rival is an Indian no-show: Apple and the iPhone. Here's why and what's at stake.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Approaches: Of Verizon, AT&T, Or Sprint, Which Is The Best Carrier For LTE Coverage?
September 15 2012 10:53 AM
Apple's first batch of pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 came and went on Friday, but even though the online Apple Store, AT&T stores and Verizon's retail stores are sold out of their initial pre-order stock, there are still thousands of customers dying to get their hands on Apple's latest smartphone innovation. Yet, one thing customers want to know about iPhone 5 before its release date next Friday is about which carrier to choose. Which carrier has the best overall coverage? Which carri...
- Apple iPhone 5 Vs Samsung Galaxy S3 And iPhone 4S: How Do They Stack Up Against Each Other [Infographic]
September 15 2012 1:12 AM
In terms of hardware, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has already proved that it is far superior to the iPhone 4S. With that in mind, the iPhone 5 is definitely more adroit to challenge the South Korean company's best bet. Here's an infographic that puts iPhone 5 against both Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S to compare the central statistics of each device.
- Apple Store Theft Captured On Video As Robbers Drive Car Through Entrance At Mall
September 14 2012 9:59 PM
Amazing security camera footage has captured several theieves ramming a BMW into an Apple Store in order to steal iPhones. The Apple Store theft occurred on September 6, as the driver slammed his car into the electronics store and an accomplice loaded a bag with phones.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Announced: 5 Accessories Users Will Want Upon Launch
September 14 2012 5:55 PM
Preorders have just begun for Apple?s iPhone 5, the highly rumored next-generation smartphone to be released on Sept. 21. Fans now know everything about the device, from its release date, to its features and hardware specs. But when a new smartphone debuts from Apple, fans look forward to move than just the device: they shop for brand new accessories.
- Apple Wins Judgment Vs. Samsung In International Patent Dispute
September 14 2012 4:12 PM
A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission found that Apple hadn?t violated any of Samsung?s patent rights for products designed into the iPhone and iPad product lines. Last month, a jury in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., determined Samsung had infringed upon Apple?s patents and awarded the Cupertino, Calif., company $1.05 billion in compensation.
- What It's Really Like Inside The Foxconn Factories That Make The iPhone
September 14 2012 1:37 PM
The oppressive life in the plants where a third party assembles Apple iPhones remains an integral part of what is needed to deliver the product into the hands of the consumer. Conditions in the factories making the iconic product of the 21st century bring to mind the 19th.
- Apple To Reap Windfall On iPhone 5 As Component Cost Is $167.50, Techs Say
September 14 2012 12:39 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, should reap another windfall from selling the iPhone 5 because component costs are only around $167.50, engineers at UBM TechInsights reported. Apple will sell the product for as much as $399 and charge wireless carriers about $450.
- Apple iPhone 5 LTE Data Plan Won't Work On China's Largest Network
September 14 2012 10:42 AM
The Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone 5 won't work on the LTE infrastructure of China's largest mobile network, Nomura analysts reported Friday, the latest setback for a launch that is not making the expected waves in that Asian country.
- Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Delayed Two Weeks From Release Date: Is Online Ordering Worth The Price Of Waiting?
September 14 2012 10:32 AM
One hour after pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 went live on Apple's website Friday morning, shipping estimates from the online Apple Store have already been delayed to two weeks for customers in the US, UK, Germany, Canada and Australia. Currently, any new iPhone 5 purchases will likely be shipped and delivered two weeks after the iPhone 5's actual release date on Sept. 21, by Friday, Oct. 5.
- Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Sell Out Within An Hour; Handset Shipment Dates Slip To Two Weeks
September 14 2012 8:42 AM
Just within an hour of the Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5 pre-orders going live, shipment dates for the new orders dropped to two weeks in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany and Australia, MacRumors stated.
- Microsoft Santa Comes Calling; Free Surface Tablets, Work PCs, Windows Phone 8 Devices For Employees
September 14 2012 7:06 AM
After the iPhone 5 euphoria, it's back to Goliath Microsoft. The Redmond-software giant seems to have ushered in Christmas in Fall by deciding to distribute free surface RT tablet, Windows Phone 8 device and a refreshed Windows 8 work machine, Geek Wire reported.
- Apple iPhone 5: Ready To Pre-Order? Don't Be Surprised If Verizon, Sprint Don't Support Simultaneous Voice And Data
September 14 2012 1:14 AM
Apple has confirmed that it will start taking online pre-orders of the new iPhone 5 at exactly 12:01 a.m. PT (3:01 a.m. ET) Sept. 14. When it comes to carriers, Sprint and AT&T customers can pre-order the handset at the same time while Verizon will reportedly open its online shop a minute earlier at 12 a.m. PT.
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Trick People Into Praising The iPhone 4S, Thinking It's An iPhone 5 [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 6:15 PM
Jimmy Kimmel decided to poke fun at all of the iPhone 5 hype by handing people on the street an older model iPhone 4S and telling them it was Apple's latest product. The results are pretty amazing.
- Apple iPhone 5 Preorder Time Begins After Midnight: Verizon, Sprint Details Announced
September 13 2012 6:15 PM
Apple has officially announced the release date for its iPhone 5, which will hit stores on Sept. 21. Preorders for the next-generation smartphone begin on Friday, Sept. 14, but Verizon users may run into some trouble if they wish to keep their unlimited data plan.
- iPhone 5 Plays: 5 Ways To Ride Tide Without Buying $700 Apple Shares
September 13 2012 4:47 PM
Want to play the iPhone 5 craze created by Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and not pay the price for Apple's near-$700 shares. Think of some of its suppliers like Arm Holings (Nasdaq: ARMH) and Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM), or even Corning (NYSE: GLW) whose products are designed into the product.