- At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company unveiled its highly anticipated next-generation smartphone, the iPhone 5. The unveiling finally put to rest several rumors of the device, including its outside appearance and inside features, but we can now also finally report the official release date for the phone. As predicted, Apple plans to release the new iPhone 5 in the U.S. on Friday, Sept. 21.
- At the iPhone 5 release event, Apple unveiled that the camera infrastructure in its sixth-generation iPhone has been given some slight tweaks from previous models, and promises to be the best photo-capturing and sharing experience on an iPhone yet. The new iPhone 5 camera infrastructure contains the same 8-megapixel sensor with a hybrid infrared filter, a five-element lens and a f/2.4 aperture. The camera itself is 25 percent smaller, but the iPhone 5 can also take HD quality images thanks to it...
- Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, introduced its iPhone 5, the successor to the best-selling iPhone 4S, on all three major U.S. carriers, AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), the Verizon Wireless unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Sprint-Nextel (NYSE: S).
- Apple’s announced the release of its iPhone 5 at the Yerva Center in San Francisco today, after endless rumors and speculation has mounted throughout recent months. Many assumptions made by critics, tech geeks and fans were finally put to rest, as Apple unveiled the features for its iPhone 5.
- Today is the big day for Apple fans, and for all of those following the news about the iPhone 5, or, quite possibly, the "new iPhone." All eyes are on San Francisco -- and Cupertino -- as we rapidly approach the 10 a.m. PST (1 p.m. EST) starting time for Apple's product launch, which should see the unveiling of the new iPhone, a new family of iPods, an an all-new "iPad Mini," among other things. However, if you're looking for a live stream from the Yerba Buena Center for the Ar...
- Apple is scheduled to make some big announcements today at the Yerva Center in San Francisco, with tech geeks, fans and critics anticipating an official iPhone 5 unveil. Rumors have indicated that the Cupertino, Calif.-based company will also reveal a refreshed line of iPods and an iPad Mini, but some of these speculations may not hold up to be true.
- New evidence discovered directly on Apple's website tells us that the name of the new iPhone, expected to be unveiled today in San Francisco, could very well in fact be "iPhone 5." Search results on Apple also included references to LTE on the iPhone, which would also appear to confirm the rumor that the iPhone 5 will support the high-speed Long-Term Evolution network.
- Apple is predicted to unveil its iPhone 5 at a press event today, Sept. 12, after a long period of anticipation, gossip and speculation about what the next-generation device will feature. The company has a history of keeping its plans under wraps, although the Internet has been flooded with purported photos and leaks of what is expected to be the iPhone 5.
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, rose $2.04 to $662.63, Wednesday in advance of the expected announcement of the iPhone 5 at a product introduction in San Francisco, which isn’t scheduled until late morning.
- As expected, Apple looks like it's finally ready to release the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion at today's scheduled media event in San Francisco, which will reportedly see the debut of several iOS devices including the next-generation iPhone, a new line-up of iPods, and an all-new "iPad Mini." The company seeded the final version of the newest Mountain Lion update to developers on Tuesday evening.
Apple iPhone 5 Launch: Expectations Run High Ahead Of New iPhone Launch As Apple Dons Defensive Role Against SamsungWith just a few hours to go for the much-awaited Apple's (AAPL) Sept.12 event, excitement about the announcements of the next generation iPhone and new gadgets seemed to have hit the roof.
- Just a few more hours and Apple will finally take the wraps off its sixth generation iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," at a press event in San Francisco Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are some links to the websites where you can get the complete coverage of the Apple media event.
Pre-Market Movers (Alcatel, Nokia, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Cognizant, Morgan Stanley, Apple, Banco Santander)Alcatel Lucent SA, Nokia Corp, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Banco Santander, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, Morgan Stanley and Apple Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Wednesday.
- The new iPhone 5 has to be more than just another smartphone as it carries the weight of Apple's future on its slim frame. Here is the preview of the new iPhone.
iPhone 5 Unveiling: Leaks Dub Apple's 9-Pin Dock Connector As 'Lightening'; What Are 'Earpods' And 'Loop'?At a time when everything is all set for the grand unveiling of Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) next generation iPhone, likely to be named the "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Wednesday, a new report has surfaced online with a few more details related to the handset's features and accessories, including the new smaller 9-pin dock connector and the new version of Apple's headphones.
- Earlier reports said Apple planned to start taking pre-orders of the next generation iPhone from Sept. 12 itself. But according to some new information, obtained by MacRumors, Apple is currently strengthening its staff most probably in preparation for Sept. 14 (Friday) pre-orders of the new iPhone.
- Chinese media reveal that Foxconn, which assembles products for Apple, is still carrying out abuses in its labor practices, including the drafting of local college students in East-Central China into its factory labor force, and whitewashing the incident as an "internship" experience.
Google, Boingo Expand Wi-Fi Partnership With Another 4,000 Hotspots: What This Means For The Future Business Of Wireless ProvidersGoogle Inc. and Boingo Wireless Inc., made another bold move Tuesday to position themselves as a prominent resource for wireless services by establishing another 4,000 mobile hotspots across the United States. As a promotional event to advertise the new expanded partnership with the companies are also making Wi-Fi free in all the new locations "through the end of September," Boingo said in a statement.
- Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.