- Apple iPhone 5 Features We’re Putting Our Money On As Release Date Nears
September 11 2012 3:51 PM
We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- iPhone 5 Event: Apple May Release Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Upgrade To Address Battery Life
September 11 2012 2:13 PM
It's been about a month and a half since Apple released OS X Mountain Lion into the wild, and even though iOS will be the centerpiece of Wednesday's iPhone 5 event in San Francisco, reports say Apple will also announce release a new update for Mac users on OS X Mountain Lion that day, which will reportedly fix an issue with fast-draining battery life. On Monday, Mac Observer was able to test a series of three Mac laptops running OS X Mountain Lion, and discovered that the 10.8.2 upgrade .....
- Apple’s iPhone5 Intro: 5 Things That May Go Wrong
September 11 2012 1:01 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) is expected to debut the iPhone 5 on Wednesday but there are at least five pitfalls that could endanger the company's huge success in the market. Here they are.
- Nokia Windows Phone 8 Devices Among First In UK With LTE, But Are Users Willing To Ditch iOS And Android?
September 11 2012 12:05 PM
The Nokia Lumia 920, a flagship Windows Phone 8 device that was recently unveiled, will be released in the United Kingdom as one of the first smartphones in that area to feature LTE connectivity. UK carrier Everything Everywhere has just announced that its plans to roll out a 4G LTE network will be put into effect, and it will be rebranding itself as EE from here on forward.
- Kindle Fire HD Will Offer Opt-Out For Ads: Is Amazon Moving Towards A Freemium Model For Its Hardware?
September 11 2012 11:34 AM
Amazon.com Inc. is reversing its decision announced just last week with the unveiling of its new HD line of Kindle Fires to supplement the devices' low cost with ad-based support. In a statement emailed to the press, Amazon said that it will now give customers the option to opt out of advertisements for a premium price of $15. The decision reflects a growing need to slash hardware prices and monetize users in other, more creative ways in what is becoming a fiercely competitive tablet marketpl...
- Apple’s iPhone 5 Could Add 0.5% To US GDP, JPMorgan Says
September 11 2012 11:24 AM
If, as one analyst expects, Apple sales of its new iPhone 5 -- estimated to cost about $600 each -- reaches 8 million, it could boost the GDP of the U.S. by half a percentage point.
- Apple iPhone 5, iPad Mini Rumors: Alleged Cases Compared To iPhone 4S, New iPad [PHOTOS]
September 11 2012 10:30 AM
We're just one day away from the big Apple event in San Francisco, which is expected to introduce a new iPhone and "iPad Mini." For those who want an early peek at what these next-gen devices "allegedly" look like, MacRumors reader Michael Rou managed to get his hands on a few "pre-production" cases of the new iOS device designs, and on Monday, he posted an album of them on Flickr for the world to see. These case designs perfectly mirror the leaked specs and prototypes we......
- Apple iPhone 5 Features Update: Samsung To Take Legal Action Against Apple For Employing LTE Technology
September 11 2012 4:31 AM
With just a day to go for Apple's Sept.12 event, confirmed reports have emerged that South Korean handset manufacturer Samsung is contemplating legal action against Apple over reported use of Long Term Evolution (LTE) connectivity technology.
- Apple iPhone 5 Could Boost US Economy, Lift Up GDP By 0.5%, Says JP Morgan
September 11 2012 1:48 AM
Michael Feroli, JP Morgan's chief economist, said in a new research note to clients that sales of the new version of the iPhone could add between a quarter and a half percentage point to fourth quarter annualized GDP growth in the U.S.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Coming: T-Mobile Website Reportedly Lists Four Different Size Capacities, Specs In Inventory [PICTURES]
September 10 2012 12:04 PM
Apple is expected to unveil its next-generation smartphone this Wednesday in San Francisco, but once the new iPhone eventually goes on sale -- sources peg Friday, Sept. 21 as the likely release date - who will be selling the phone? And what different size capacities can customers buy? On Monday, T-Mobile UK added placeholders into its internal and external systems for four new iPhone sizes. According to the website, the iPhone listed only as "iPhone X" will come in black in white colors an...
- Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Coming Out Party On iOS?
September 10 2012 10:47 AM
Apple won't discuss products before they're ready for release, but most major news outlets have reported on Apple's plans to slim down the traditional dock connector across its entire family of iOS devices, which includes iPhones, iPads and iPods, from 30 pins to 9 pins. If by some chance this new iOS dock connector is indeed Thunderbolt-friendly, Apple will have finally, successfully made its Thunderbolt investment worthwhile. Apple iPhone 5 Event Rumors: Will Thunderbolt Have Its Comi...
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Will iPhone 5 Sport Fingerprint Security? Does Apple's Acquisition Of AuthenTec Signal A Biometrically Evolved Device?
September 10 2012 4:55 AM
With just two days to go for Apple's (AAPL) Sept. 12 event, rumor mills are working overtime as speculations of Apple's much-awaited next generation iPhone sporting fingerprint security feature make the rounds.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: New Photos Of The Mini Dock Connector Allegedly Surface As The Reported Release Date Approaches
September 09 2012 11:20 PM
The expected release date for Apple's iPhone 5 is approaching, with predictors saying the Cupertino, Calif.-based company will unveil the device Sept. 12. As this day draws near, rumors about the next-generation smartphone's features have begun to leak online.
- Apple iPad Mini Rumors Recap: 8 Features, Specs We're Expecting At Release [PICTURES]
September 09 2012 4:05 PM
The focus of this week's Apple media event will undoubtedly be the next-generation iPhone, but consumers might be talking tablets rather than phones after this Wednesday's product unveiling. Most news outlets and sources close to the company say Apple will also introduce a new "iPad Mini" to its tablet lineup. We don't know the exact features or specs that Apple has packed into the iPad Mini, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage th...
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)
September 09 2012 6:29 AM
Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Recap: 15 Features, Specs We're Expecting At Release [PICTURES]
September 08 2012 11:27 AM
We don't know the exact features Apple has packed within the iPhone 5, but we have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil onstage this Wednesday. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone. Read about the 14 features and tech specs we're expecting to see in the new iPhone at its release this week.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features: Report Says Device Will Work On The Fastest Global LTE Networks But Not Likely On All Carriers
September 08 2012 1:13 AM
Apple fans all around the world widely assume that the company's upcoming "iPhone 5" will have the LTE functionality. A new WSJ report said that the handset would work on the fastest 4G LTE networks around the world, including those in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Automakers, Best Buy, AMR, Changi Airport, Nokia, General Motors
September 07 2012 8:39 PM
Each week, the IBTimes Money team picks the six biggest, most dramatic, or most compelling winners and losers in business. For the week of Sept. 3-7, the former include global automakers such as the Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), and the latter include the Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK).
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Indicate Price Will Start At $199; Alleged Photo Shows Black And White Models
September 07 2012 4:49 PM
As the rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 approaches, more details have begun to leak onto the web. The most recent bit of information allegedly leaks the price for Apple’s next smartphone alongside the device’s model number.