- New evidence discovered directly on Apple's website tells us that the name of the new iPhone, expected to be unveiled today in San Francisco, could very well in fact be "iPhone 5." Search results on Apple also included references to LTE on the iPhone, which would also appear to confirm the rumor that the iPhone 5 will support the high-speed Long-Term Evolution network.
- Apple is predicted to unveil its iPhone 5 at a press event today, Sept. 12, after a long period of anticipation, gossip and speculation about what the next-generation device will feature. The company has a history of keeping its plans under wraps, although the Internet has been flooded with purported photos and leaks of what is expected to be the iPhone 5.
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, rose $2.04 to $662.63, Wednesday in advance of the expected announcement of the iPhone 5 at a product introduction in San Francisco, which isn’t scheduled until late morning.
- As expected, Apple looks like it's finally ready to release the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion at today's scheduled media event in San Francisco, which will reportedly see the debut of several iOS devices including the next-generation iPhone, a new line-up of iPods, and an all-new "iPad Mini." The company seeded the final version of the newest Mountain Lion update to developers on Tuesday evening.
Apple iPhone 5 Launch: Expectations Run High Ahead Of New iPhone Launch As Apple Dons Defensive Role Against SamsungWith just a few hours to go for the much-awaited Apple's (AAPL) Sept.12 event, excitement about the announcements of the next generation iPhone and new gadgets seemed to have hit the roof.
- Just a few more hours and Apple will finally take the wraps off its sixth generation iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," at a press event in San Francisco Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are some links to the websites where you can get the complete coverage of the Apple media event.
Pre-Market Movers (Alcatel, Nokia, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Cognizant, Morgan Stanley, Apple, Banco Santander)Alcatel Lucent SA, Nokia Corp, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Banco Santander, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, Morgan Stanley and Apple Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Wednesday.
- The new iPhone 5 has to be more than just another smartphone as it carries the weight of Apple's future on its slim frame. Here is the preview of the new iPhone.
iPhone 5 Unveiling: Leaks Dub Apple's 9-Pin Dock Connector As 'Lightening'; What Are 'Earpods' And 'Loop'?At a time when everything is all set for the grand unveiling of Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) next generation iPhone, likely to be named the "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Wednesday, a new report has surfaced online with a few more details related to the handset's features and accessories, including the new smaller 9-pin dock connector and the new version of Apple's headphones.
- Earlier reports said Apple planned to start taking pre-orders of the next generation iPhone from Sept. 12 itself. But according to some new information, obtained by MacRumors, Apple is currently strengthening its staff most probably in preparation for Sept. 14 (Friday) pre-orders of the new iPhone.
- Chinese media reveal that Foxconn, which assembles products for Apple, is still carrying out abuses in its labor practices, including the drafting of local college students in East-Central China into its factory labor force, and whitewashing the incident as an "internship" experience.
Google, Boingo Expand Wi-Fi Partnership With Another 4,000 Hotspots: What This Means For The Future Business Of Wireless ProvidersGoogle Inc. and Boingo Wireless Inc., made another bold move Tuesday to position themselves as a prominent resource for wireless services by establishing another 4,000 mobile hotspots across the United States. As a promotional event to advertise the new expanded partnership with the companies are also making Wi-Fi free in all the new locations "through the end of September," Boingo said in a statement.
- Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.
- We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- It's been about a month and a half since Apple released OS X Mountain Lion into the wild, and even though iOS will be the centerpiece of Wednesday's iPhone 5 event in San Francisco, reports say Apple will also announce release a new update for Mac users on OS X Mountain Lion that day, which will reportedly fix an issue with fast-draining battery life. On Monday, Mac Observer was able to test a series of three Mac laptops running OS X Mountain Lion, and discovered that the 10.8.2 upgrade .....
Nokia Windows Phone 8 Devices Among First In UK With LTE, But Are Users Willing To Ditch iOS And Android?The Nokia Lumia 920, a flagship Windows Phone 8 device that was recently unveiled, will be released in the United Kingdom as one of the first smartphones in that area to feature LTE connectivity. UK carrier Everything Everywhere has just announced that its plans to roll out a 4G LTE network will be put into effect, and it will be rebranding itself as EE from here on forward.
Kindle Fire HD Will Offer Opt-Out For Ads: Is Amazon Moving Towards A Freemium Model For Its Hardware?Amazon.com Inc. is reversing its decision announced just last week with the unveiling of its new HD line of Kindle Fires to supplement the devices' low cost with ad-based support. In a statement emailed to the press, Amazon said that it will now give customers the option to opt out of advertisements for a premium price of $15. The decision reflects a growing need to slash hardware prices and monetize users in other, more creative ways in what is becoming a fiercely competitive tablet marketpl...
- If, as one analyst expects, Apple sales of its new iPhone 5 -- estimated to cost about $600 each -- reaches 8 million, it could boost the GDP of the U.S. by half a percentage point.
- We're just one day away from the big Apple event in San Francisco, which is expected to introduce a new iPhone and "iPad Mini." For those who want an early peek at what these next-gen devices "allegedly" look like, MacRumors reader Michael Rou managed to get his hands on a few "pre-production" cases of the new iOS device designs, and on Monday, he posted an album of them on Flickr for the world to see. These case designs perfectly mirror the leaked specs and prototypes we......