- Shares of online radio broadcaster Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) plunged nearly 21 percent on reports that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, would launch a competitive service as early as next quarter.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed: Verizon Wireless Confirms Nokia Handsets For Q4The tentative release date for Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 flagship device is Nov. 2 for AT&T subscribers, the Verge has reported. Sources familiar with Nokia’s plans have said that the company is working with Microsoft and AT&T to undergo numerous tests required to approve the Windows Phone 8 handset within that time frame.
- Apple is all set to unveil its next-generation smartphone next Wednesday, but when can we expect to see the iPhone 5 on store shelves? Reports for the last several months have pegged Friday, Sept. 21 as the new iPhone's alleged release date, and a new report released Friday gives more credence to the rumors.
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, set new record highs Friday ahead of next Wednesday’s announcement of a new member of the iPhone family, perhaps the iPhone 5.
- The countdown has begun for the Sept. 12 media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco where Apple is expected to unveil the new version of its flagship smartphone, probably "iPhone 5." It has been reported that when iPhone 5 is introduced to the public, Apple could stop selling iPhone 3GS and bring in an 8GB version of iPhone 4S.
Pre-Market Movers (Deutsche Bank, ING Groep, Rio Tinto, Cliffs Natural, Tata Motors, Bank of America, Audience, Pandora)Deutsche Bank AG, ING Groep, Rio Tinto, Cliffs Natural Resources, Tata Motors, Bank of America Corp, Audience and Pandora Media are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Apple has placed some memory-chip orders for its upcoming iPhone with Asian chip makers and has moved away from Samsung for this component, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Smith & Wesson, Ulta Salon, Vical, Bazaarvoice, MAP, Audience, Mattress Firm, Accuray, Envivio, Aceto)The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Thursday were Smith & Wesson Holding Corp, Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc, Vical Inc, Bazaarvoice and MAP Pharmaceuticals. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Audience Inc, Mattress Firm Holding Corp, Accuray Inc, Envivio Inc and Aceto Corp.
- MTV is live streaming the 2012 VMAs for viewers who don't have a television near. Even though MTV doesn't really play videos on their network anymore they still put on a video music award ceremony every year, and they're typically pretty entertaining.
- The popular BitTorrent service uTorrent has released an app for Android phone and tablet users that will allow fans to download content directly to their devices while being able to use the same features as the desktop version.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. But a labor group asserted they're made in China under abusive conditions
Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: AT&T Expands LTE Network, Another Reason The Likely Feature Will Become A RealityOn Thursday, AT&T announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE coverage to nine new markets in the United States, with 40 more to come before the end of 2012. This news comes as Apple is expected to unveil its rumored iPhone 5 release on Sept. 12, just six days away, according to Apple Insider.
Amazon Leaks Kindle Fire 2 Commercial Ahead Of Thursday's Announcement; Release Date, Price Details Still Unknown [VIDEO]All eyes may be on Apple's iPhone announcement next week, but on Wednesday night, Amazon strategically "leaked" an ad for its newest line of Kindle e-readers and tablets a day ahead of the company's planned launch event for those products. Amazon is expected to hold a press conference on Thursday, which many believe will see the unveiling of new Kindle devices, including a sequel to the Kindle Fire, unofficially dubbed "Kindle Fire 2."
- Samsung announced two months ago that its new Galaxy S3 smartphone achieved 10 million sales at the end of July. Since then, the company has claimed to have doubled the figure by reaching 20 million Galaxy S3 sales, 100 days after the handset was launched in May.
AAPL: Apple Stock's Marginal Loss Tests Nokia, Motorola, Samsung Phone Launches; Sept.12 Event Looks Promising With iPhone 5 ReleaseApple (AAPL) stock closed Sept.5 at $670.23 losing 4.74 points ending 0.70% lower than the previous close. The marginal fall indicates that Apple is not heavily impacted by the new phone launches from competitors Nokia, Motorola and Samsung.
Apple iPhone 5 Reportedly Leaked Out Of Foxconn Caught On Video Booting Up iOS 6 Week Ahead Of Release DateEarlier this week, reports surfaced online saying that a video appeared at the IFA 2012 trade show in Berlin, which showed a handset, claiming to be a mockup of the fully assembled Apple iPhone 5. Quite obviously, the handset showed in the video was not active. But now, after a couple of days, another video has appeared which claims to show the iPhone 5 booting up iOS 6.
Apple iPhone 5 May Be Called 'New iPhone,' If Alleged Packaging Box Features Are To Be Believed [RUMORS]For more than a year, most Apple fans and followers of the brand have called the company's sixth-generation smartphone "the iPhone 5." But after releasing the new iPad in March - not the iPad 3, or the iPad HD - it looks like Apple will once again release a new iOS device without a distinguishing name or number. A newly-released photo shows a woman holding the iPhone 5 packaging box, but the label very clearly reads, "The new iPhone."
- Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, which now owns the Motorola brand, refreshed its product line with three new members of the Razr brand line in a bid to recapture past success. They’re the first major new lines since Google completed the $12.5 billion acquisition of the former Motorola Mobility in May.
- Rumored supply chain issues may have an impact on the release date for the iPhone 5, as it was reported that Sharp Co is behind schedule in producing the device's display. However, this influence may not be a negative one. New analysis has found that constraints have actually had a positive effect on Apple's stock price, reports Apple Insider.
- Apple is expected to unveil the next-generation iPhone on Sept. 12, and already analysts are projecting the new smartphone will sell an estimated 10 million units in its first week on the market.