Apple iPhone 5 Features: Will iPhone 5 Sport Fingerprint Security? Does Apple's Acquisition Of AuthenTec Signal A Biometrically Evolved Device?With just two days to go for Apple's (AAPL) Sept. 12 event, rumor mills are working overtime as speculations of Apple's much-awaited next generation iPhone sporting fingerprint security feature make the rounds.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: New Photos Of The Mini Dock Connector Allegedly Surface As The Reported Release Date ApproachesThe expected release date for Apple's iPhone 5 is approaching, with predictors saying the Cupertino, Calif.-based company will unveil the device Sept. 12. As this day draws near, rumors about the next-generation smartphone's features have begun to leak online.
- The focus of this week's Apple media event will undoubtedly be the next-generation iPhone, but consumers might be talking tablets rather than phones after this Wednesday's product unveiling. Most news outlets and sources close to the company say Apple will also introduce a new "iPad Mini" to its tablet lineup. We don't know the exact features or specs that Apple has packed into the iPad Mini, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage th...
- Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Update: Chinese Company Uses Leaked Photos Of iPhone 5 To Patent Design, Releases Knockoff GooPhone I5 (VIDEO)Even before Apple (AAPL) could unveil its next-generation iPhone, the Chinese seem to be in a tearing hurry as a company by name GooPhone has released a new phone GooPhone I5 that bears strong resemblances to leaked images of the next-generation iPhone, often referred to as iPhone 5.
- We don't know the exact features Apple has packed within the iPhone 5, but we have a pretty good idea of what CEO Tim Cook might unveil onstage this Wednesday. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone. Read about the 14 features and tech specs we're expecting to see in the new iPhone at its release this week.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: Report Says Device Will Work On The Fastest Global LTE Networks But Not Likely On All CarriersApple fans all around the world widely assume that the company's upcoming "iPhone 5" will have the LTE functionality. A new WSJ report said that the handset would work on the fastest 4G LTE networks around the world, including those in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Each week, the IBTimes Money team picks the six biggest, most dramatic, or most compelling winners and losers in business. For the week of Sept. 3-7, the former include global automakers such as the Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), and the latter include the Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK).
- As the rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 approaches, more details have begun to leak onto the web. The most recent bit of information allegedly leaks the price for Apple’s next smartphone alongside the device’s model number.
- Shares of online radio broadcaster Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P) plunged nearly 21 percent on reports that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, would launch a competitive service as early as next quarter.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed: Verizon Wireless Confirms Nokia Handsets For Q4The tentative release date for Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 flagship device is Nov. 2 for AT&T subscribers, the Verge has reported. Sources familiar with Nokia’s plans have said that the company is working with Microsoft and AT&T to undergo numerous tests required to approve the Windows Phone 8 handset within that time frame.
- Apple is all set to unveil its next-generation smartphone next Wednesday, but when can we expect to see the iPhone 5 on store shelves? Reports for the last several months have pegged Friday, Sept. 21 as the new iPhone's alleged release date, and a new report released Friday gives more credence to the rumors.
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, set new record highs Friday ahead of next Wednesday’s announcement of a new member of the iPhone family, perhaps the iPhone 5.
- The countdown has begun for the Sept. 12 media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco where Apple is expected to unveil the new version of its flagship smartphone, probably "iPhone 5." It has been reported that when iPhone 5 is introduced to the public, Apple could stop selling iPhone 3GS and bring in an 8GB version of iPhone 4S.
Pre-Market Movers (Deutsche Bank, ING Groep, Rio Tinto, Cliffs Natural, Tata Motors, Bank of America, Audience, Pandora)Deutsche Bank AG, ING Groep, Rio Tinto, Cliffs Natural Resources, Tata Motors, Bank of America Corp, Audience and Pandora Media are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Apple has placed some memory-chip orders for its upcoming iPhone with Asian chip makers and has moved away from Samsung for this component, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Smith & Wesson, Ulta Salon, Vical, Bazaarvoice, MAP, Audience, Mattress Firm, Accuray, Envivio, Aceto)The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Thursday were Smith & Wesson Holding Corp, Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc, Vical Inc, Bazaarvoice and MAP Pharmaceuticals. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Audience Inc, Mattress Firm Holding Corp, Accuray Inc, Envivio Inc and Aceto Corp.
- MTV is live streaming the 2012 VMAs for viewers who don't have a television near. Even though MTV doesn't really play videos on their network anymore they still put on a video music award ceremony every year, and they're typically pretty entertaining.
- The popular BitTorrent service uTorrent has released an app for Android phone and tablet users that will allow fans to download content directly to their devices while being able to use the same features as the desktop version.
- Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) said shipments of its latest-version Galaxy S3 smartphone exceed 20 million, only six weeks after passing the 10 million mark. But a labor group asserted they're made in China under abusive conditions