Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: AT&T Expands LTE Network, Another Reason The Likely Feature Will Become A RealityOn Thursday, AT&T announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE coverage to nine new markets in the United States, with 40 more to come before the end of 2012. This news comes as Apple is expected to unveil its rumored iPhone 5 release on Sept. 12, just six days away, according to Apple Insider.
Amazon Leaks Kindle Fire 2 Commercial Ahead Of Thursday's Announcement; Release Date, Price Details Still Unknown [VIDEO]All eyes may be on Apple's iPhone announcement next week, but on Wednesday night, Amazon strategically "leaked" an ad for its newest line of Kindle e-readers and tablets a day ahead of the company's planned launch event for those products. Amazon is expected to hold a press conference on Thursday, which many believe will see the unveiling of new Kindle devices, including a sequel to the Kindle Fire, unofficially dubbed "Kindle Fire 2."
- Samsung announced two months ago that its new Galaxy S3 smartphone achieved 10 million sales at the end of July. Since then, the company has claimed to have doubled the figure by reaching 20 million Galaxy S3 sales, 100 days after the handset was launched in May.
AAPL: Apple Stock's Marginal Loss Tests Nokia, Motorola, Samsung Phone Launches; Sept.12 Event Looks Promising With iPhone 5 ReleaseApple (AAPL) stock closed Sept.5 at $670.23 losing 4.74 points ending 0.70% lower than the previous close. The marginal fall indicates that Apple is not heavily impacted by the new phone launches from competitors Nokia, Motorola and Samsung.
Apple iPhone 5 Reportedly Leaked Out Of Foxconn Caught On Video Booting Up iOS 6 Week Ahead Of Release DateEarlier this week, reports surfaced online saying that a video appeared at the IFA 2012 trade show in Berlin, which showed a handset, claiming to be a mockup of the fully assembled Apple iPhone 5. Quite obviously, the handset showed in the video was not active. But now, after a couple of days, another video has appeared which claims to show the iPhone 5 booting up iOS 6.
Apple iPhone 5 May Be Called 'New iPhone,' If Alleged Packaging Box Features Are To Be Believed [RUMORS]For more than a year, most Apple fans and followers of the brand have called the company's sixth-generation smartphone "the iPhone 5." But after releasing the new iPad in March - not the iPad 3, or the iPad HD - it looks like Apple will once again release a new iOS device without a distinguishing name or number. A newly-released photo shows a woman holding the iPhone 5 packaging box, but the label very clearly reads, "The new iPhone."
- Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, which now owns the Motorola brand, refreshed its product line with three new members of the Razr brand line in a bid to recapture past success. They’re the first major new lines since Google completed the $12.5 billion acquisition of the former Motorola Mobility in May.
- Rumored supply chain issues may have an impact on the release date for the iPhone 5, as it was reported that Sharp Co is behind schedule in producing the device's display. However, this influence may not be a negative one. New analysis has found that constraints have actually had a positive effect on Apple's stock price, reports Apple Insider.
- Apple is expected to unveil the next-generation iPhone on Sept. 12, and already analysts are projecting the new smartphone will sell an estimated 10 million units in its first week on the market.
Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 Release Features NFC, Wireless Charging And More, Will It Compare To The iPhone 5 And Samsung Galaxy S3?Nokia and Microsoft held a joint press conference on Sept. 5 in New York to officially unveil new Windows Phone 8 devices. Nokia announced its flagship smartphone known as the Lumia 920, which has received some noticeable upgrades in the specs department.
- The FBI has released a statement saying that there is "no evidence" to support recent claims by a hackers group that they gained access to a bureau computer containing information on millions of Apple users.
- On the heels of a positive first quarter, the Western European mobile phone market failed to maintain a positive trend, due to a weaker economic environment and the new product launches expected in the third quarter, said a new report by market research firm IDC. The total shipments of devices dropped 1.9 percent year on year to 42.1 million units.
Apple (AAPL) Awards Recently Promoted Top Executives With $50 Million Stock Grants Ahead Of iPhone 5 LaunchAs the countdown for the next-generation iPhone launch, largely viewed as "iPhone 5" knocks down to a week, news of recently promoted Apple (AAPL) executives receiving generous stock grants worth over $50 million is making waves.
- Turning long-running speculations into fact, Apple sent out invitations Tuesday, confirming a special media event related to the next iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Sept. 12. The event is scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10 am PT.
- What is Kik? This article provides an answer to this question, which many people are finding themselves asking as they learn about the newest social networks and electronic communication technologies on the market.
- Sales of the Galaxy S3 from Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930)in August surpassed those for the I Phone 4S in the U.S. for the first time, said analyst T. Michael Walkley, of Cannacord Genuity.
- Our predictions this morning came true: At about 9 a.m. PST, Apple released the official invitations for its next big product launch to the press, scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12. The event will definitely be all about the iPhone 5, but that's not the only Apple product scheduled to be unveiled that day. Apple has plans to release new iOS devices and Mac computers at the event.
- Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- It's been long reported that Apple's next big product event, which is said to unveil the new iPhone 5, a new "iPad Mini," and even new iPod and Mac models, will allegedly occur on Wednesday, Sept. 12. If company history repeats itself, it's possible that Apple will release the press invitations eight days prior to the event's date, either today (Tuesday) or Wednesday.