- Apple iPhone 5: New Metal Mockup Matches Previously Rumored Features, Specs And Schematics [PICTURES]
July 11 2012 4:15 PM
On Tuesday, Gotta Be Mobile released exclusive photos of what it believes to be an engineering sample of the iPhone 5 design, which only helps to validate earlier rumors, reports, and even photos and schematics of the phone. The features and specs from this iPhone metal mockup actually perfectly match up with those earlier photos and schematics released in May.
- Apple May Release iPhone '5' With Quad-Core Exynos Processor; Other Rumored Features, Specs [PICTURES]
July 06 2012 2:58 PM
Whether it's a phone, or a tablet, or a music player, each and every new product released by Apple is thinner, lighter, faster and more powerful than its predecessor. With this in mind, the latest report about Apple's next iPhone, presumably dubbed the iPhone 5, should come as no real surprise: According to DigiTimes, Apple has chosen the powerful Exynos 4 quad-core processor built by Samsung to power its next-gen iPhone.
- Apple Working To Fix Crashing App Store Updates
July 05 2012 8:30 PM
It's been a rough week for Apple's iOS team.In addition to Apple's first reports of a malicious program in their App Store, hundreds of newly-updated iOS apps have been crashing on launch and functionally unusable. The problem seems to have been traced to problems with the App Store's binary system and its FairPlay DRM. According to developer Marco Armet, apps that run perfectly for development teams are being corrupted when sent through the App store to consumers.
- Apple Releases 'Lost Interview' With Steve Jobs On iTunes Music Store
July 03 2012 12:16 PM
Apple has released the film Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview, which features nearly 70 minutes of unedited, never-before-seen footage of a conversation between the iconic Apple founder and technology expert Robert X. Cringely, is now available on the iTunes Music Store for $3.99.
- Apple, Amazon Among Eight Retailers With Two-Year Double-Digit Sales Growth
July 02 2012 4:18 PM
Only 8 of 100 top U.S. retailers have maintained double-digit sales growth for the previous two years, during a time of jobless recovery and staggered consumer confidence. And the winners are. . .
- Movie Trailer For 'Craigslist Joe' Documentary [VIDEO]
July 01 2012 7:00 PM
Comedian Zach Galifianakis presents a new movie about cutting the cord and exploring America using only the craigslist website.
- Apple Could Integrate iTunes Closer To iCloud
June 28 2012 9:38 AM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, may change the way iTunes works so that it?s more closely integrated with the iCloud file-storage service, news services said.
- 'No iPad Killer': Why Google's Nexus 7 Will Extinguish Kindle's Fire
June 28 2012 8:35 AM
Aggressively priced at $199 for the 8GB model and $249 for the 16 GB model, the Nexus 7 is smaller than an iPad at 7 inches, but it's still packed with impressive innards, including a quad-core Tegra 3 processor, a 1.2-megapixel camera, 1GB of RAM, a 4,325mAh battery and NFC built in. The Nexus will start shipping next month with Google's updated Jelly Bean 4.1 OS.
- iPhone '5' Rumors: Is Apple's 'Mini Dock Connector' Actually A Thunderbolt Port? [PICTURES]
June 26 2012 6:03 PM
Several tech sites claim that Apple has built smaller dock connectors for its new phone, dubbed the iPhone '5,' by some. Three independent manufacturers have agreed the 19-pin port is in the works, but one extremely interesting fact mentioned was the size of the 19-pin port: Apparently, the new mini dock connector is very similar to the size of the Thunderbolt port available on many current MacBook laptops. That got me thinking: What if that is a Thunderbolt port?
- Apple Podcast App For iOS Released, Comes With Subscriptions And Auto-Downloads
June 26 2012 5:22 PM
Apple has released a stand-alone podcast app that gives users direct access to their podcasts without having to go through iTunes.
- New iPhone '5' May Support NFC; Is Apple Ready To Release The iWallet?
June 26 2012 12:11 PM
Passbook will be formally introduced with iOS 6, but Apple may also announce an expansion of that software, specifically for an NFC-capable iPhone. With the recent discovery of iPhone prototypes embedded with code that specifically mentioned near-field communication components, there's an excellent chance the company's next iPhone, which many have already crowned the iPhone 5, will feature Apple's patented iWallet technology.
- iOS 6 Beta 2 Jailbreak On iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA), iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G Using RedSn0w 0.9.13dev2 [How To Guide]
June 26 2012 6:45 AM
On Monday, Apple pushed out the second beta of the OS, iOS 6 beta 2 build 10A5338d, to developers as an over-the-air (OTA) update with a wide variety of bug fixes and slight improvements.If you've updated your iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA) or iPhone 3GS to the iOS 6 beta 2 firmware, you can jailbreak it tethered using RedSn0w 0.9.13dev2.
- iPhone 5 Likely Won't Be Compatible With Old Apple Accessories [PICTURES]
June 23 2012 10:38 AM
Stereo systems. Clock radios. External speakers. In-car entertainment. It's possible that none of these iPhone accessories will be compatible with Apple's upcoming sixth-generation iPhone, presumably called the iPhone 5.
- Developers, Rejoice! Apple Launches App Store In 32 More Countries
June 22 2012 10:56 AM
As expected, the App Store has officially launched in 32 new countries as of Friday, including Albania, Fiji, Namibia, Nepal, and Ukraine. This means that app developers can now sell or distribute their applications for gaming, productivity, news, business, education and entertainment in a total of 155 countries around the globe.
- Will Apple's iPhone 5 Feature 'Mini' Dock Connector? Which Other Rumors Are True?
June 21 2012 10:41 AM
It may not be the sexiest feature, but it may be one of the most rumored. Although Apple doesn't discuss product pre-releases, several tech sites claim that Apple has built smaller dock connectors for its new phone, dubbed the iPhone 5, by some. TechCrunch is the latest to report on the mini dock connector, but the first to confirm it.
- Longtime Rocker Takes On NPR Intern In Generational Clash Over File-Sharing
June 21 2012 6:54 AM
Paul Simon once crooned: Every generation sends a hero up the pop charts. But the heroes of the latest generation of young music-hungry consumers are finding it difficult to get them to actually buy their work.
- Eyes On The Skyline Has Eye On The Prize
June 20 2012 10:33 PM
The up-and-coming rock group is just one of many bands attempting to make the
- Spotify Goes Mobile, But Profits Remain Elusive
June 19 2012 5:35 PM
Streaming music service Spotify Ltd. launched a mobile radio feature on Tuesday that connects to Apple Inc.'s (Nasdaq: AAPL) ubiquitous iPhones and iPads, encroaching on the turf of online radio provider Pandora Media Inc. (NYSE: P).
- The Temper Trap: Their Bonnaroo Performance, New Album and Zombie Apocalypse
June 19 2012 12:33 PM
The Temper Trap put on one of the most heartfelt, body swaying and lyric shouting performances at Bonnaroo this year.
- HBO Pulls George Bush Head ?Game Of Thrones? Episode, Re-Edits Controversial Finale [VIDEO]
June 16 2012 12:34 PM
HBO has pulled the tenth episode of Game of Thrones after it was revealed that a model of former President George W. Bush's severed head was used in the Season 1 finale.