Articles by Law School
- Suspected Maker Of Hate Film Held For Questioning
September 15 2012 9:33 AM
The filmmaker suspected of making the anti-Islamic movie that has set off violent anti-American protests across the Muslim world was taken in for questioning shortly after midnight Saturday by California authorities.
- OJ Simpson Prosecutor Claims The Defense Team Tampered With Infamous Glove During Trial
September 08 2012 4:33 PM
17 years after the infamous OJ Simpson murder trial, a member of the prosecution made the claim that OJ Simpson's defense team manipulated the famous glove that ultimately helped lead to a not guilty verdict for Simpson.
- 10 Things To Know About San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro
September 05 2012 10:58 AM
Castro, already being hailed as a rising star in the Democratic Party, gave a much-praised keynote speech at the convention Tuesday when he made his national debut. But he has been a prominent presence in San Antonio's Chicano community since his teen years.
- Michelle Obama Delivers Rousing, Personal Tribute To Her Husband At Democratic National Convention
September 04 2012 11:20 PM
Michelle Obama closed out the first day of the 2012 Democratic National Convention with a rousing speech that paid personal tribute to her husband but also seemed built to coalesce support among Democrats at the start of the three-day DNC.
- Ann Romney Goes For The Heart, Says She And Mitt Used To Be Poor
August 29 2012 12:04 PM
Often portrayed by Democrats as a wealthy out-of-touch businessman, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney appeared as a man who achieved the American dream when his wife Ann made her national debut with a speech Wednesday night in Tampa.
- Technology Focus: Why Apple And Samsung Should Settle Now
August 19 2012 10:03 AM
After three weeks of testimony, the case of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) vs. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Seoul: 005930) is over. U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh could instruct the nine-member civil jury in San Jose, Calif., as early as Tuesday The parties should settle first.
- Standard Chartered Says It's In Talks To Settle Iran Money-Laundering Charge
August 13 2012 8:48 PM
Standard Chartered Plc said Monday it was in talks with New York's banking regulator to try to settle allegations it hid transactions with Iran.
- Who Is Janna Ryan? A Primer
August 13 2012 1:02 PM
Meet Janna Ryan, the tax attorney turned stay-at-home mom, who married U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., the running mate of presumptive 2012 Republican Party presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
- Shanyna Isom Has Rare Disease Causing Fingernails To Grow Where Hair Should [PHOTOS]
August 10 2012 3:08 PM
One year ago this month, 28-year-old Shanyna Isom discovered she had a rare disease causing fingernails to grow from the follicles where her hair should all over her body.
- Women's Rights, Religious Freedom Take Center Stage Again
August 09 2012 10:36 AM
President Obama and Mitt Romney are again trading barbs over the Affordable Care Act's mandate that insurers cover contraception, reviving a months-old debate pitting women's health against religious liberty.
- Ryan Lochte Could Star In His Own Reality Show After The London Olmpics
August 08 2012 5:52 PM
Ryan Lochte is now rumored to be the focal point of at least two different reality show ideas.
- Rob Kardashian Headed To USC Law School, Following In Father's Footsteps
August 07 2012 3:51 PM
Rob Kardashian is following in the footsteps of his famous father, the late Robert Kardashian, Sr., after the 25-year-old former "Dancing With The Stars" contestant tweeted that he's headed to law school at the University of Southern California.
- George P. Bush: 5 Things To Know About The Latest Bush Making Waves In Texas
August 07 2012 1:36 PM
George P. Bush, nephew of former president George W. Bush, will be deputy finance chairman of the Lone Star State’s Republican Party, becoming the latest in a long line of Texas politicos with the surname “Bush” to get a foothold in the GOP.
- Growing Spats Between Countries Leads To Need For More Cross-Border Lawyers
August 03 2012 11:56 PM
The number of fresh arbitration cases filed with the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes last year reached its highest level in four decades, the ICSID said in a report last week.
- ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Season 8 Spoilers: Barney And Robin’s Wedding, Ted And Victoria’s Future and Joe Manganiello’s Return
August 03 2012 9:08 AM
A ninth season of "How I Met Your Mother" is still up in the air, but the show creators are not letting that effect the upcoming eight season. All the stops are being pulled out to ensure that the eight season is legen - wait for it - dary.
- Zynga Faces First Insider Trading Lawsuit In Wake Of Poor Second-Quarter Earnings Report
July 31 2012 12:07 PM
Following a poor earnings report last week and a steep drop in its share prices, social gaming giant Zynga is now facing an insider trading lawsuit on account of some suspicious financial activity by the company's top executives.
- Democratic Convention Keynote Speaker Will Be San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro, First Latino Ever
July 31 2012 9:52 AM
San Antonio mayor Julián Castro will deliver the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in September, becoming the first Latino elected official to get the coveted keynote speaker spot.
- Local Governments Seek Eminent Domain To Solve Mortgage Crisis, But Legality Is Contested
July 26 2012 5:49 AM
Some of local governments are turning to a new tool to fix the problem, known as underwater mortgages: seizing the loans through eminent domain and enacting principal reductions, a move that is attracting praise and controversy.
- South China Sea Dispute: A Resolution Seems Doubtful (EXCLUSIVE)
July 17 2012 3:23 AM
The South China Sea has become Asia's most dangerous flashpoint of conflict. The settlement of the South China Sea dispute will involve compromise and an appreciation of the relative power of the countries involved, says Jeffery Atik, law faculty member at the Loyola law School, Los Angeles.
- Reagan-Appointed Judge Richard Posner Calls 'Goofy' Republicans A 'Crowd of Lunatics'
July 06 2012 12:22 PM
Posner said he has become less conservative since the Republican Party started becoming goofy.