- Films seldom feature a dynamic female lead but rather present one note women with few distinguishing traits. In Free Samples, Jillian (the talented Jess Weixler) serves as an appealingly sketched anti-heroine. The fact that she is confused, unsure of her vocation, and emotional impaired, makes her strikingly realistic.
Tribeca Film Festival 2012: A Conversation With Jess Weixler On 'Free Samples' And Why Jesse Eisenberg Is SexyFree Samples not only is one of the best offbeat indies to be released in quite some time but also features one of the most intriguing female characters that the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival has to offer. Jillian (played with remarkable conviction by Jess Weixler) is sexually liberated and smart-mouthed, and she takes no nonsense.
Vatican Nun Crackdown: Rome Orders Reform Of Nuns In The U.S., Accusing Them Of Taking Positions Against The ChurchA watchdog group within the Vatican said they plan a major crackdown for nuns in the United States, accusing them of taking positions that undermine Roman Catholic traditions and teachings.
- Last week, responding to President Obama's latest populist assault on the wealthy, I issued a commentary in which I explained why his ideas about American economic history were fundamentally flawed. As dangerous and erroneous as those views are, at least I can cut the President some slack for commenting on a subject in which he really has no basis for expertise. Hailing from academia and local community organizing, Barack Obama likely did not spend huge amounts of time boning up on economic h...
- Herman Cain said it was wrong for conservative columnist John Derbyshire to stereotype the black community, in an article that got him fired from the National Review and further propelled the public debate on race in the wake of Trayvon Martin's killing.
- Isiah Thomas has been fired as head coach of FIU after three seasons coaching the Miami university's men's basketball team.
Jesse Eisenberg Stars in 'To Rome With Love' And 'Free Samples': 5 Adorable Photos Of The Actor [Photos and Video]Jesse Eisenberg is the epitome of geek chic and the 2010 film, The Social Network proved he's obtained leading man status. Now the lovable actor is appearing in two upcoming films. The first is the latest European romantic comedy from Woody Allen, which stars Alec Baldwin, Penelope Cruz, and Ellen Page.
- U.S. courts have authority to decide whether President Barack Obama's healthcare law is valid under the Constitution, his attorney general told a federal court on Thursday in a further bid to defuse a controversy Obama ignited earlier this week.
- More than 100 advertisers, including all his technology advertisers except for LifeLock, withdrew their commercials from “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in the past five weeks.
- The conservative radio host provoked the advertiser pullout by calling law student Sandra Fluke a slut and a prostitute after she had discussed with members of Congress her support of insurance coverage for contraceptives.
- Greg Smith did not choose the subtle approach for his exit from Goldman Sachs, where he had worked for 12 years. Instead, Greg Smith decided to post his resignation letter in The New York Times for the entire world to read. The resignation letter, entitled "Why I am Leaving Goldman Sachs," included scathing commentary on the "toxic" environment at the bank, its lack of "moral fiber" and the "muppets" who work there.
- New York University School of Law has purchased an Upper West Side condo at 845 West End Avenue for $3.6 million, according to city records filed Thursday. The school will use the apartment for faculty, who will rent the unit, according to Michael Orey, spokesman for NYU Law.
- The Georgetown law student criticized those who demonized and smeared me, an indirect shot at radio host Rush Limbaugh, who had called her a slut. Fluke said women and men from across the country have written to express support for her view that contraception needs to be treated as a basic health care service.
- Spanx founder Sara Blakeley recently made it onto the Forbes World's Billionaires 2012 list, following the success of her company's line of shapewear clothing products. In an on-camera interview with Forbes, the 41-year-old business mogul talks about the philosophy and life experiences that helped her succeed.
- Apparently, critical race theory is a tough nut to crack. What does it mean exactly, and how has it affected Obama's policies?
- Many were outraged with Rush Limbaugh's comments about Sandra Fluke, but Gloria Allred wants the Palm Beach County Attorney to open an investigation.
- Thanks to Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, the sex life of students, and women, has become the new hot topic. Called to testify for the defense of Democratic leaders and their contraception mandate, Fluke argued the health of women takes precedence over religious liberty.