Articles by Lloyd Blankfein
- Goldman Sachs Wins! Feds 'Quietly' Drop Key Financial Crisis Case
August 10 2012 8:07 AM
The Justice Dept. said there was "not a viable basis to bring a criminal prosecution" against Goldman Sachs, quietly ending a yearlong investigation into allegations the firm bet against the same subprime mortgage-backed securities that it also sold to its clients.
- Millionaires On US Unemployment? Yes, And That's Perfectly Legal (For Now)
August 09 2012 6:29 AM
Data compiled by the Congressional Research Service show that thousands of Americans making more than $1 million got unemployment benefits.
- Insider Trading Case: Rajat Gupta Decides Not to Take Stand in Own Defence
June 11 2012 3:18 AM
Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc board member Rajat Gupta, who is on trial over insider trading charges, has decided not to take the risk of testifying in his own defence.
- Blankfein, At Gupta Trial, Tells Jury About Goldman Board Confidentiality
June 04 2012 7:35 PM
Lloyd Blankfein, the chief executive of Goldman Sachs Group Inc, told jurors at the insider-trading trial of one of the investment bank's former directors that all parts of a 2008 board meeting the two attended were confidential.
- Mortgage Executive Sells 15 Central Park West Condo For $23.3 Million, Twice What He Paid
May 25 2012 12:36 PM
The CEO of a New York commercial mortgage company sold his personal condo at 15 Central Park West, one of the most expensive buildings in the world, for $23.3 million, according to city records filed Friday.
- First Wiretap Played At Gupta's Insider Trading Trial
May 23 2012 6:49 PM
A New York jury on Wednesday heard former Goldman director Rajat Gupta on a FBI wiretap casually discussing business with Raj Rajaratnam, the now-imprisoned hedge fund founder he is accused of tipping off about boardroom secrets.
- Flurry Of Arguments Start Gupta's Insider Trading Trial
May 21 2012 7:14 PM
Former Goldman Sachs director Rajat Gupta threw away his duties by divulging bank secrets to hedge fund manager Raj Rajaratnam, a U.S. prosecutor said at the start of Gupta's insider-trading trial on Monday.
- Bruno Michel Iksil: White Whale, or Jonah?
May 11 2012 4:14 PM
Following Thursday's financial earthquake at JPMorgan Chase & Co., fingers are pointing to Bruno Michel Iksil, who recently boasted that he could walk on water -- suggesting the French trader's ego is as outsized as the nemesis in Melville's novel from which his nickname the White Whale originates. Whether or not Iksil's reputation will go from fearsome whale to Jonah after he's blamed for the storm and tossed overboard is not yet known.
- Goldman Sachs Facing New Insider Trading Probe, In California
April 19 2012 7:14 PM
Federal prosecutors in California are investigating a Goldman Sachs employee for insider trading, according to prosecutors and defense lawyers who attended a hearing in U.S. federal court in New York on Thursday.
- Howard Stern Lawsuit Dismissed: What This Means For The Shock Jock
April 18 2012 3:47 PM
Howard Stern's lawsuit against satellite radio provider, SiriusXM, has been thrown out. The case was dismissed after Judge Barbara Kapnick ruled that Stern's contract only included awards for Sirius subscribers, not those of XM.
- Goldman Sachs Profit Falls 23%, But Earnings, Revenue Beat Forecast
April 17 2012 9:57 AM
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS), the fifth-largest U.S. bank by assets, said Tuesday it had 23% less profit in the first quarter on falling investment banking and trading revenue, but its revenue beat analyst forecasts as it raised its dividend.
- Goldman person leaked Apple, Intel secrets: lawyer
March 16 2012 8:14 PM
A person at Goldman Sachs Group Inc, who has not been identified or charged in a broad U.S. insider-trading probe, was caught on a wiretap leaking secrets about Intel Corp and Apple Inc, a lawyer for accused former Goldman board member Rajat Gupta said in court on Friday.
- Goldman Sachs Muppet Letter Deepens Banks' Trust Deficit
March 16 2012 10:14 AM
Greg Smith resignation letter describing toxic atmosphere at investment bank undermines goodwill.
- Goldman Sachs Stock Recovers From Angry Ex-Banker's Claims
March 15 2012 11:51 AM
The shares fell 3.4 percent Wednesday, wiping out $2.15 billion in value, after the New York Times published an essay in which just-resigned Goldman employee Greg Smith blasted the firm for its "toxic" culture and alleged indifference toward clients. Goldman strongly denied Smith's claims.
- Goldman Sachs Loses $2.15 Billion of Its Market Value
March 15 2012 5:32 AM
The shares of Goldman Sachs dropped 3.4 percent in New York trading Wednesday, wiping $2.15 billion off its market value following allegations made by a former company executive that the firm took little interest in the clients and was also involved in exploiting them.
- 'Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs': Too Many 'Muppets'? Greg Smith Dishes Details on Wall Street Firm
March 14 2012 1:14 PM
This morning The New York Times published a brutally honest account from former Goldman Sach’s employee Greg Smith, who quit the established firm today. Smith criticized the company for its loss of culture, deeming it as an environment that is “as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.”
- Goldman Sachs CEO Fires Back At Disgruntled Banker
March 14 2012 8:42 AM
In a resignation letter published in the New York Times, Greg Smith said he was disgusted at how the Wall Street firm valued making money from clients over trying to help them. But Goldman and its chief executive said the ex-executive's criticisms weren't reflective of the firm.
- Goldman Sachs to Hold Board Meet in India: Report
March 12 2012 9:37 AM
Goldman Sachs Group Inc will hold its annual board meeting in India later this month.
- 15 Central Park West's $88 Mln Sale Closes, Setting Record
March 01 2012 3:21 PM
New York's condo market officially has a new champion. The record-breaking $88 million sale of a penthouse of 15 Central Park West appeared in city records Thursday, setting a new bar for the city's luxury market.
- Goldman Manager David Loeb in Insider Trading Probe
February 29 2012 5:53 PM
US prosecutors investigating managing director at Goldman Sachs as part of probe into company's hedge-fund clients.