Articles by London
- US Stock Futures Signal Slightly Higher Open Ahead Of Jobs, Housing Starts, Building Permits Reports
August 16 2012 4:39 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a slightly lower open Thursday ahead of the Labor Department's weekly jobless claims data and Census Bureau's reports on housing starts and building permits.
- European Markets Mixed As Stimulus Hopes Persist
August 16 2012 3:53 AM
European markets were mixed Thursday as investors remained cautious waiting for policymakers to announce monetary easing measures which could stop the weakening of the euro zone economy and revive growth momentum.
- British Threaten To Invade Ecuador Embassy To Get Assange
August 15 2012 7:37 PM
Britian is threatening to enter the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to arrest Julian Assange, Ecuador's foreign minister said Wednesday.
- Loch Ness Monster Surfaces On Video At Skegness Beach: Is It Really Nessie? [VIDEO]
August 15 2012 4:59 PM
A new video, supposedly of Nessie, has cropped up that purportedly shows the creature surprisingly far from its home -- about 500 miles south of Loch Ness.
- Watch Idris Elba Rapping On 'Picking Up The Pieces' By The Milk [VIDEO]
August 15 2012 4:48 PM
Idris Elba is the latest actor to turn to rapping, as the "Luther" star showcased his rhyming skills in the music video for "Picking Up The Pieces" from The Milk.
- JPMorgan’s 'London Whale' Trading Blunder Didn’t Scare Away All Money Managers
August 15 2012 3:50 PM
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM)'s multibillion-dollar "London Whale" trading mess sent some well-known money managers running for the exit, but new regulatory filings show that several big hedge-fund players loaded up on JPMorgan as they saw the stock's 22 percent drop in the second quarter as a buying opportunity.
- The World’s Most Livable Cities In 2012 [SLIDESHOW]
August 15 2012 1:55 PM
How “livable” is your city?
- Sweden vs. Brazil: Watch Live Stream Online of the International Friendly; Prediction, Preview
August 15 2012 1:07 PM
Brazil looks to bounce back from a crushing defeat to Mexico in the 2012 Olympic gold medal match
- Arsenal Transfer Rumours: Van Persie, M’Vila, Song and Ki Involved in Latest Speculation
August 15 2012 12:36 PM
The latest on the potential departures of Robin van Persie and Alex Song, plus the Gunners' midfield transfer targets.
- Morning Gold Market Report
August 15 2012 11:12 AM
With a modest lower low to start today, the bear camp might feel like they have an edge in gold, especially in the face of adverse currency market action, weaker equities and the appearance of a risk off vibe. Fears of more slowing in China overnight probably pressured gold in the overnight trade, but a recovery in UK equities and decent numbers from the UK have tempered the global fears of slowing, just ahead of the US Wednesday trade action. At times overnight, gold did see some support from f...
- Morning Silver Market Report
August 15 2012 11:11 AM
Like gold, the silver market also saw a fresh lower low in the overnight trade. In fact, September silver reached down to the lowest level since August 3rd with its initial slide today. Apparently acceptable data from the US yesterday and the expectation of decent data today has dampened the expectation of easing from the US Fed and that in turn has weighed on silver and other physical commodity markets.
- Fading Fed Stimulus Hopes Weigh Down US Stock Futures
August 15 2012 4:23 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a lower open Wednesday amid the fading expectations about an announcement of monetary easing measures by the Federal Reserve to support the economy.
- Ecuador Denies Any Decision On Assange Asylum
August 14 2012 8:35 PM
Ecuador denied a report Tuesday that it had granted amnesty to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and the foreign minister said only he and President Rafael Correa could make the decision.
- New York Times Names New CEO With Strong Broadcast Ties
August 14 2012 5:46 PM
The New York Times Co. (NYSE: NYT), publisher of the third-largest U.S. newspaper by circulation, named outgoing BBC director-general Mark Thompson its new CEO on Wednesday, bringing in a broadcast journalism veteran as the company expands its video content.
- Julian Assange Granted Asylum In Ecuador But May Not Be Able To Leave Britain
August 14 2012 5:07 PM
Julian Assange has been granted asylum in Ecuador by President Rafael Correa, the government announced Tuesday.
- Classic Hollywood Films Redux: My List Of Best And Worst Movie Sequels
August 14 2012 4:43 PM
As long as classic films are cherished, there will inevitably be a Hollywood remake. But what makes those stories worth retelling time and time again?
- Olympics 2012: Best Moments From London Games [Top 10 List]
August 14 2012 2:45 PM
Here’s a top 10 list of the best moments from the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Oscar Pistorius and Misty May-Treanor are just a few names included.
- London 2012: Peeping Tom Declan Crosbie May Escape Jail for Spying on Chinese Women Swimmers
August 14 2012 2:00 PM
Changing room voyeur faces compulsory treatment at sex clinic after pleading guilty to spying on Chinese women athletes in Leeds sports centre.
- Congo Olympic Athletes ‘Vanish’ In London
August 14 2012 1:42 PM
The four Congolese athletes – comprising the nation’s entire team – included Cedric Mandembo.
- Kershorn Walcott, Olympic Gold Champion, Provides Trinidad And Tobago With Something To Celebrate
August 14 2012 12:52 PM
Walcott’s accomplishments presents some good news for a country desperately in need of some.