- Walcott’s accomplishments presents some good news for a country desperately in need of some.
First Lady Michelle Obama Teases Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas on 'Tonight' Show For Eating McDonald'sMichelle Obama teased U.S. Olympic gold medalist, Gabby Douglas during her appearance on the Jay leno Show, for eating fast food from McDonald's.
- Women are still judged and evaluated primarily on their looks.
- Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
Victoria Beckham's Olympics Performance Was Posh Indeed, But Was Her Label Gold Medal-Worthy? [PHOTO]Victoria Beckham's performance with the Spice Girls at Sunday night's closing ceremony of the London Olympics had fans across the globe raving. But her fashion label's appearance in the exclusive British Fashion Hall of Fame portion of the show was another matter.
- Oscar Pistorius, Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt helped make the 2012 Olympics one of the most memorable games in history. Here is a list of the best moments from London.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Could Come In September Near Rumored iPhone 5 Unveil; Reasons It Will Launch Next MonthMicrosoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 is likely to see a release date this fall, as manufacturers Nokia and HTC have been ramping up production of smartphones based on this platform, DigiTimes has reported.
- The Spice Girls and One Direction performed at the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics. Here are videos of their performances on Sunday.
Olympics 2012 Closing Ceremony Pictures: The Who, One Direction Among Performers In London At End of Games [PHOTOS]British musicians The Who, One Direction and the Spice Girls highlighted the 2012 Olympic closing ceremony. Here are some pictures from the last night in London.
Spice Girls Olympics Closing Ceremony Fashion: Sartorial Choices Are An Updated Blast From The Past [PHOTOS]One cannot talk about the highly-awaited Spice Girls reunion show at the London Olympics without discussing the fashion worn by the beloved members: Melanie Chisholm (Sporty), Emma Bunton (Baby), Melanie Brown (Scary), Victoria Beckham (Posh) and Geri Halliwell (Ginger), each known for their wild styles and signature looks. Here's a roundup of what each of the ladies wore and a slideshow of photos.
- Today's AM fix was USD 1,622.25, EUR 1,317.30, and GBP 1,035.33 per ounce. Friday's AM fix was USD 1,608.50, EUR 1,310.92 and GBP 1,030.69 per ounce. Silver is trading at $28.04/oz, €22.81/oz and £17.94/oz. Platinum is trading at $1,405.30/oz, palladium at $580.10/oz and rhodium at $1,060/oz. Gold rose $2.70 or 0.17% in New York on Friday and closed at $1,620.40/oz. Silver fell and then recovered to $28.32, but finished on Friday in New York with a loss of just 0.4%.
- A tribal leader and his son in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula were shot dead Monday by militants, two days after Bedouin tribal chiefs extended cooperation to the Egyptian security forces to restore normalcy in the lawless border region along Gaza and Israel.
- The U.S. won a total of 104 medals -- the most of any country at the London Summer Olympics -- including 46 gold, 29 silver and 29 bronze. China was second, with 88 medals, while Great Britain was third, with 65. The games ended Sunday.
Closing Ceremony London Olympics 2012: The Not-So-Famous And Famous Faces Who Made A Mark At The Grand Finale (PHOTOS)As the Olympic stadia venue is cleaned to host the next big sporting event in London, here are a few images that capture the spirit of the closing ceremony.
Olympic Closing Ceremony: George Michael, Spice Girls, John Lennon, And Others Close Out The London Games [PHOTOS]Singer George Michael -- aided and abetted by Fatboy Slim, Russell Brand, and the Spice Girls, among a host of British musical icons -- helped put the spectacle in the spectacular closing ceremony at the London 2012 Olympic Games on Sunday. Check out some of the best photos of the event.
- Kevin Durant and LeBron James were on their game on Sunday against Spain.
- While the London 2012 Olympic Games closing ceremony has yet to air, all the athletic competitions were completed Sunday by about 1 p.m. EDT, allowing for a final medal count. Read on to see which countries came out ahead this year.