Articles by London
- First Lady Michelle Obama Teases Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas on 'Tonight' Show For Eating McDonald's
August 14 2012 12:47 PM
Michelle Obama teased U.S. Olympic gold medalist, Gabby Douglas during her appearance on the Jay leno Show, for eating fast food from McDonald's.
- Beauty, Self-Regard And Women's Liberation In The 21st Century
August 14 2012 8:28 AM
Women are still judged and evaluated primarily on their looks.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Confirmed: Device Goes Up For Pre-Order In UK, Availability After 4-6 Weeks
August 14 2012 5:25 AM
Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
- Victoria Beckham's Olympics Performance Was Posh Indeed, But Was Her Label Gold Medal-Worthy? [PHOTO]
August 13 2012 4:12 PM
Victoria Beckham's performance with the Spice Girls at Sunday night's closing ceremony of the London Olympics had fans across the globe raving. But her fashion label's appearance in the exclusive British Fashion Hall of Fame portion of the show was another matter.
- Best Olympic Moments Of 2012: Pistorius, Phelps Top London List
August 13 2012 3:07 PM
Oscar Pistorius, Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt helped make the 2012 Olympics one of the most memorable games in history. Here is a list of the best moments from London.
- Windows Phone 8 Release Date Could Come In September Near Rumored iPhone 5 Unveil; Reasons It Will Launch Next Month
August 13 2012 12:41 PM
Microsoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 is likely to see a release date this fall, as manufacturers Nokia and HTC have been ramping up production of smartphones based on this platform, DigiTimes has reported.
- US Gas Prices Won't Drop Until October - Analyst
August 13 2012 11:19 AM
Gasoline production issues and tensions between Iran and Israel have sent U.S. gasoline prices above $4 per gallon in some cities, and prices likely won't fall until October, according to gasoline analysts.
- VIDEO: Spice Girls, One Direction Sing At 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony In London
August 13 2012 11:01 AM
The Spice Girls and One Direction performed at the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics. Here are videos of their performances on Sunday.
- Olympics 2012 Closing Ceremony Pictures: The Who, One Direction Among Performers In London At End of Games [PHOTOS]
August 13 2012 10:13 AM
British musicians The Who, One Direction and the Spice Girls highlighted the 2012 Olympic closing ceremony. Here are some pictures from the last night in London.
- Spice Girls Olympics Closing Ceremony Fashion: Sartorial Choices Are An Updated Blast From The Past [PHOTOS]
August 13 2012 9:54 AM
One cannot talk about the highly-awaited Spice Girls reunion show at the London Olympics without discussing the fashion worn by the beloved members: Melanie Chisholm (Sporty), Emma Bunton (Baby), Melanie Brown (Scary), Victoria Beckham (Posh) and Geri Halliwell (Ginger), each known for their wild styles and signature looks. Here's a roundup of what each of the ladies wore and a slideshow of photos.
- Olympic Calm Before Coming Financial Storm
August 13 2012 8:28 AM
Today's AM fix was USD 1,622.25, EUR 1,317.30, and GBP 1,035.33 per ounce. Friday's AM fix was USD 1,608.50, EUR 1,310.92 and GBP 1,030.69 per ounce. Silver is trading at $28.04/oz, €22.81/oz and £17.94/oz. Platinum is trading at $1,405.30/oz, palladium at $580.10/oz and rhodium at $1,060/oz. Gold rose $2.70 or 0.17% in New York on Friday and closed at $1,620.40/oz. Silver fell and then recovered to $28.32, but finished on Friday in New York with a loss of just 0.4%.
- Militants Kill Sinai Tribal Chief, Son After Tribes Extend Support To Egyptian Forces
August 13 2012 5:18 AM
A tribal leader and his son in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula were shot dead Monday by militants, two days after Bedouin tribal chiefs extended cooperation to the Egyptian security forces to restore normalcy in the lawless border region along Gaza and Israel.
- Midas Touch: Americans Who Won Gold At London Olympics 2012 (PHOTOS)
August 13 2012 4:59 AM
The U.S. won a total of 104 medals -- the most of any country at the London Summer Olympics -- including 46 gold, 29 silver and 29 bronze. China was second, with 88 medals, while Great Britain was third, with 65. The games ended Sunday.
- Weak Japan Data Weighs Down US Stock Futures
August 13 2012 4:20 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a lower open Monday as investor confidence was dragged down by concerns about the weakening of the global economy following the fragile gross domestic product growth in Japan in the second quarter.
- Closing Ceremony London Olympics 2012: The Not-So-Famous And Famous Faces Who Made A Mark At The Grand Finale (PHOTOS)
August 13 2012 3:51 AM
As the Olympic stadia venue is cleaned to host the next big sporting event in London, here are a few images that capture the spirit of the closing ceremony.
- European Markets Fall On Weak Japan Data
August 13 2012 3:42 AM
Most of the European markets fell Monday as investors were disappointed to note that the economic growth slowed down in the second quarter in Japan indicating that the global economy continues to falter.
- Olympic Closing Ceremony: George Michael, Spice Girls, John Lennon, And Others Close Out The London Games [PHOTOS]
August 12 2012 8:07 PM
Singer George Michael -- aided and abetted by Fatboy Slim, Russell Brand, and the Spice Girls, among a host of British musical icons -- helped put the spectacle in the spectacular closing ceremony at the London 2012 Olympic Games on Sunday. Check out some of the best photos of the event.
- Olympic Recap: US Men Win Gold In Basketball In Final Day Of London Games
August 12 2012 6:53 PM
Kevin Durant and LeBron James were on their game on Sunday against Spain.
- Olympic Medal Count: Which Countries Reigned Supreme At The 2012 London Games?
August 12 2012 6:27 PM
While the London 2012 Olympic Games closing ceremony has yet to air, all the athletic competitions were completed Sunday by about 1 p.m. EDT, allowing for a final medal count. Read on to see which countries came out ahead this year.
- US Wins Gold Over Spain: So Are LeBron, Kobe, And Co Better Than 1992 Dream Team?
August 12 2012 3:44 PM
Comparing the 1992 Dream Team to the 2012 Team USA men's basketball team ends with Michael Jordan.