Articles by London
- Crude Oil Futures Fall After US, China Data
September 05 2012 4:01 AM
Crude oil futures declined Wednesday as weak manufacturing reports from the U.S. and China raised concerns of a further global slowdown.
- European Markets Range-Bound Ahead Of ECB Meeting
September 05 2012 3:55 AM
European markets remained in a tight range Wednesday as investors continued to be nervous ahead of the meeting in which the European Central Bank is expected to announce policy measures to boost the euro zone economy and revive growth momentum
- New Less Invasive Down Syndrome Test Reduces Miscarriage Risk
September 04 2012 5:41 PM
One scientist says a new kind of way to detect Down syndrome, which looks for traces of the baby's DNA in the mother's blood sample as early as the first trimester, will pick up nearly all cases of the genetic disorder in the womb.
- Fired For Being Christian? Religious Employees Have Their Day In Court
September 04 2012 5:27 PM
The landmark hearing follows six years of legal battles and tribunals for the four plaintiffs, whose high-profile cases are seen as a polarizing dividing line between British Christians who want to express their faith in the workplace and employers who assert their right to impose dress codes and guidelines for workplace conduct.
- Arsenal Transfer News: Five Players Wenger Will Likely Pursue in January
September 04 2012 3:43 PM
Having failed to add to the Arsenal squad in the final days of the transfer window, Arsene Wenger looks likely to make a move in January.
- Pippa Middleton To Make An Appearance At New York Fashion Week?
September 04 2012 11:16 AM
It comes as no surprise that celebrities, ranging from Nicki Minaj to Kim Kardashian and everyone in between, will make appearances at New York Fashion Week, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz. But could it be that Pippa Middleton, the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, will show up?
- Nazanin Boniadi, Tom Cruise In Alleged Arranged Relationship, Actress Reportedly Auditioned For Role Of 'Top Gun' Actor's Girlfriend [PHOTO]
September 04 2012 10:53 AM
In a recent Vanity Fair article, special correspondent Maureen Orth claims that Nazanin Boniadi was selected from a group of Scientologist actresses to play the role of Tom Cruise's girlfriend.
- Great White Shark Attack Victim Achmat Hassiem Wins Bronze At 2012 London Paralympics
September 04 2012 10:43 AM
Achmat Hasseim lost his right leg in a great white shark attack, and the Paralympic swimmer from South Africa used that frightening experience to propel himself to a bronze medal in Saturday's men's 100-meter butterfly in London.
- One to Watch: GBPUSD heeds to bearish signal
September 04 2012 10:30 AM
For those of you who joined my FX Street webinar this morning then you may have noted that I pointed out a bearish divergence between GBPUSD price action and the hourly MACD. Usually when this happens it signals a turn-around in price action. Indeed, as we have progressed throughout the London session GBPUSD has sold off. The break below 1.5885 in GBPUSD was pivotal and triggered the move lower in price action in line with the MACD signal.
- Serena Williams Cheered On At The US Open By Ex-Boyfriend Common, Are They A Couple Again?
September 04 2012 9:35 AM
While most people were focused on the hard court in the Louis Armstrong Stadium, much attention was also given to Serena's ex-boyfriend Common, who came to cheer her on
- Child Porn Evidence Unreliable: Study of Playboy
September 04 2012 8:49 AM
In many child pornography cases, prosecutors are basing their cases against people who have downloaded images, yet don't have a way to confirm the subjects' ages.
- Saudi Arabia's First Female Moviemaker Debuts At Venice Film Festival
September 04 2012 7:19 AM
The story behind Saudi Arabia's first female feature film director, who made her debut at the Venice film festival, includes instances of her hiding in production van and giving directions to male crew members over a walkie-talkie, to avoid the kingdom's notoriously patriarchal society's fury.
- European Markets Fall As Investors Remain Watchful
September 04 2012 3:53 AM
Most of the European markets fell Tuesday as investors continued to remain cautious waiting for the policymakers to announce stimulus measures to boost the euro zone economy and revive the growth momentum.
- Pistorius Shows Disabled Sport can Stand Controversy
September 03 2012 6:53 PM
The "blade runner" has unleashed a new debate about prosthetic legs.
- Williams, Federer Stroll Into U.S. Open Quarters
September 03 2012 6:42 PM
Serena Williams didn't surrender a game, while Roger Federer advanced on Mardy Fish's Withdrawal.
- European Markets Mixed As Investors Wait For Stimulus Measures
September 03 2012 3:53 AM
European markets were mixed Monday as investors continued to remain watchful waiting for policymakers to announce the stimulus measures to boost the euro zone and revive the growth momentum.
- London 2012 Paralympics: Husband And Wife Take Gold, South Africa's Pistorious Breaks Record [SLIDESHOW]
September 02 2012 3:15 PM
The fourth day of the London 2012 Paralympic Games on Sunday saw competition for 60 gold medals in eight sports, including swimming, table tennis and sailing.
- Mysterious Billionaire Roman Abramovich's Court Victory Sheds Light On Russia's Underworld
August 31 2012 5:50 PM
Friday's verdict in favor of Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich closes a case that has brought to (some) light the shady underworld of Russian capitalism during the 1990s.
- Clint Dempsey Transfer: Is a Deal With Tottenham Hotspur in Place?
August 31 2012 4:47 PM
Attacking midfielder Joao Moutinho has been added for a £22 million fee. However, BBC has confirmed that no deal is in place just yet.
- Fastest Man On Earth An Amputee? The Remarkable Promise Of Next-Generation Prosthetics
August 31 2012 3:27 PM
We're on the cusp of an era where technological advances could allow Paralympians with souped-up joints and carefully engineered limbs to easily blow past the merely human Olympians - and help ordinary amputees to live extraordinarily normal lives.