Articles by London
- European Stocks Fall On Stimulus Measure Uncertainty
August 29 2012 3:33 AM
Most European markets fell Wednesday as investors remained watchful waiting for the euro zone policymakers to come up with stimulus measures to rejuvenate the faltering economy.
- Chelsea Transfer News: Hulk, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sturridge and Kakuta Discussed in Latest Speculation
August 28 2012 3:51 PM
A roundup and analysis of all the gossip surrounding Chelsea as the end of the transfer window draws near.
- Arsenal Transfer News: M'Vila, Afellay, Cabaye and Yanga-Mbiwa Discussed in Latest Speculation
August 28 2012 11:23 AM
A roundup and analysis of all the latest news as Arsenal strive to reinforce their squad in the closing days of the transfer window.
- Morning Gold Market Report 8/28
August 28 2012 10:30 AM
December gold prices started out under noted pressure overnight, but were able to reject the brunt of the downside thrust. With the Euro higher, it wouldn't seem like residual concerns toward the EU were behind the range down washout in gold prices overnight. Perhaps ongoing fears of a hard landing in China were behind the initial weakness but gold prices seemed to sag after Asia had established a marginally weaker pattern. Perhaps gold was undermined by news that a key EU leader wasn't pl...
- Morning Silver Market Report 8/28
August 28 2012 10:23 AM
While silver prices were also under some liquidation pressure overnight, silver seemed to hold together relatively better than gold overnight. Silver prices this morning remain roughly $4.00 an ounce above the early August lows and that suggests silver could be technically vulnerable to some back and fill action. However, silver and other physical commodity markets continue to draft some support off hopes for more hints of economic assistance at the end of the week from the Jackson Hole Fed meet...
- Pirates Hijack Greek Oil Tanker in Gulf of Guinea, 24 Sailors Kidnapped Off Ship
August 28 2012 8:42 AM
Pirates attacked an oil tanker off the coast of Togo, taking control of its bridge and kidnapping 24 sailors before escaping amidst gunfire with a naval patrol boat on Tuesday.
- US Stock Futures Signal Slightly Higher Open As Investors Remain Watchful
August 28 2012 4:40 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a slightly higher open Tuesday as investors follow a waiting strategy anticipating that the Federal Reserve will soon announce stimulus measures to rejuvenate the economic growth.
- Two Tibetan Teenagers Die After Setting Themselves On Fire To Protest Chinese Rule
August 28 2012 4:30 AM
Two Tibetan teenagers died after setting themselves on fire outside a monastery in Sichuan province in southwest China on Monday, foreign rights groups said.
- European Stocks Decline As Investors Maintain Caution
August 28 2012 3:40 AM
Most of the European markets fell Tuesday as investors remained cautious waiting for the euro zone policymakers to come up with stimulus measures to rejuvenate the faltering economy.
- U.S. Open 2012: Andy Murray Advances Despite Poor Serving Day
August 27 2012 9:36 PM
The gold medalist only landed 49 percent of his first serves.
- Stosur Starts U.S. Open Title Defense With a Dominant Performance
August 27 2012 3:36 PM
The Australian made quick work of Petra Martic in the first round.
- Naomi Campbell’s Turkish Island House Described As Energy Efficient, Other Stars Who Support Sustainability
August 27 2012 3:05 PM
Naomi Campbell’s Turkish island house was given as a gift to the star nearly a year ago in September, but the supermodel hasn’t always lived such a lavish life. It was recently reported that while Campbell was growing up, her mother was pushed to sell her home in order to pay for her daughter’s stage school.
- Morning Gold Market Report
August 27 2012 10:05 AM
Initially gold prices were able to carve out a fresh new high for the move overnight, but the trade wasn't able to maintain that initial push higher on the charts. Clearly fears of global slowing were afoot again overnight, with significant weakness seen in Chinese equities being seen as a sign of impatience by investors. In other words, Asian investors were disappointed that the Chinese leader failed to provide fresh hints of assistance for the Chinese economy.
- Morning Silver Market Report
August 27 2012 10:05 AM
SILVER MARKET FUNDAMENTALS: (6:00 AM CT) The silver market managed a somewhat significant range up extension into new high ground overnight. In the process September silver managed to reach the highest level since May 1st. While silver has fallen back rather significantly from the initial highs, the silver market appears to be generally out performing the rest of the metals complex on the upside.
- US Open Tennis: Watch Live Stream Online; Preview of Federer and Murray in Day One's Action
August 27 2012 10:02 AM
Where to watch live coverage as well as a full preview of the opening day of the 2012 US Open at Flushing Meadows.
- US Stock Futures Signal Mixed Open As Investors Await Easing Measures
August 27 2012 4:20 AM
U.S. stock index futures point to a mixed open Monday as investors remained cautious waiting for the Federal Reserve to announce monetary easing measures to revive economic growth momentum.
- European Stocks Fall Ahead Of Jackson Hole Meeting
August 27 2012 3:46 AM
Most of the European markets fell Monday as investors remained watchful waiting for policymakers around the world to announce stimulus measures to boost the faltering global economy.
- Digging Deep: Lonmin Struggles To Get South African Miners Back To Work
August 26 2012 5:28 PM
Lonmin PLC, the platinum producer whose Marikana mine in South Africa was the site of deadly protests during the past several weeks, is pushing for a return to business as usual after an operations shutdown caused by a wildcat strike and a period of national mourning.
- Britain And Ecuador Back Off From Assange Confrontation
August 26 2012 3:42 PM
Britain said Sunday it was still committed to reaching a diplomatic solution with Ecuador over the presence of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in the country's London embassy, after both sides took steps to defuse the standoff.
- Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts: Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction as Robert Griffin III Faces Andrew Luck
August 25 2012 2:41 PM
The Washington Redskins face the Indianapolis Colts in each team’s third preseason game of 2012. Here’s how to watch a live stream online, as well as a preview and prediction as Robert Griffin III takes on Andrew Luck