- VIDEO Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle: Highlights; Torres, Hazard Inspire Comfortable Win
August 25 2012 2:37 PM
Watch highlights of Chelsea's victory over Newcastle at Stamford Bridge.
- Brian Epstein: The Beatles' Real 'Nowhere Man' - An Appreciation
August 25 2012 2:14 PM
It is not unreasonable to declare that Brian Epstein, the fifth Beatle, according to Paul McCartney, was one of the key global figures of the post-World War II era. Although he had a complicated and troubled relationship with McCartney and John Lennon, he turned them -- both rowdy and rebellious youths -- and their two partners into cultural icons.
- Paralympics: Harmful "Boosting" Casts Shadow Before Games
August 24 2012 7:21 PM
The Paralympics begin in London next week and despite the euphoria from the Olympics, the buildup to the disabled Games has been blighted by tales of deliberate "performance enhancing" injuries.
- Morning Gold Market Report 8/24
August 24 2012 11:14 AM
Clearly the gold market saw a large lift this week from easing prospects, which in turn seemed to be telegraphed by the release of the FOMC meeting minutes earlier this week. However, it is also possible that some of the gains in gold prices this week were the result of chatter about the US returning to a gold standard. On the other hand, the odds of a return to the gold standard are dramatically reduced by the difficulty of that process and because such a move could take power away from the gov...
- Morning Silver Market Report 8/24
August 24 2012 11:12 AM
The silver market has forged some corrective action overnight. After the rather sharp run up in silver prices this week, some measure of back and fill action shouldn't be that surprising to the trade. Weaker global equity markets in Asia overnight would seem to suggest some disappointment in that region from the lack of definitive action by the PBOC this week. However, silver probably saw some support from comments from the Fed's Evans overnight in Beijing, as he called for more assistance...
- US Stock Futures Signal Flat Open Ahead Of Goods Orders Data
August 24 2012 5:23 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a flat open Friday ahead of the Census Bureau's durable goods orders data.
- European Stocks Fall On Economic Concerns
August 24 2012 3:52 AM
Most of the European markets fell Friday as investors were worried that the economic condition of the euro zone continued to weaken.
- Correa: Brits Could End Assange Standoff 'Tomorrow'
August 23 2012 6:25 PM
Ecuador's standoff with with Britain over Julian Assange "could be ended tomorrow" if London would give the WikiLeaker safe passage to Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said Thursday.
- Liverpool Transfer Rumours: Dempsey, Sahin, Herrera And Carroll Discussed In Latest Speculation
August 23 2012 4:58 PM
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers appears intent on making further signings before the close of the transfer window.
- Tim Burton's 'Frankenweenie' To Open The London Film Festival
August 23 2012 1:45 PM
Tim Burton's "Frankenweenie" will kick off the 56th annual London Film Festival.
- South African Mining Violence Continues To Hurt Platinum Producers Implats, Lonmin
August 23 2012 12:09 PM
Labor unrest weighed on the fiscal year results of Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd. (PINK: IMPUY), the world's second--largest platinum producer, and the situation remains "fairly volatile," the company said Thursday
- The Most Valuable Monuments In Europe
August 23 2012 11:29 AM
It lights up the Parisian sky and graces postcards, key chains and holiday photos, but new figures show that the Eiffel Tower is more than just an iconic tourist attraction -- it’s the most valuable monument in Europe.
- Interview With Classical Guitarist Miloš Karadagli?
August 23 2012 10:40 AM
The International Business Times had the chance to ask Miloš Karadagli? about the rebirth of classical guitar music, the current state of the music industry, and how his background shaped his work.
- As Kobe Bryant Turns 34, Is It Time To Consider Retirement From The NBA? [PHOTOS]
August 23 2012 10:34 AM
Kobe Bryant today is celebrating his 34th birthday, and has been in the NBA for 16 years, never leaving the Los Angeles Lakers team
- European Stocks Rise On Greece Optimism
August 23 2012 3:48 AM
European markets rose Thursday as investors were hopeful ahead of the meetings between the Greek and other euro zone leaders this week to discuss measures to tackle the economic and financial instability affecting Greece.
- Sam Oldham: Grandmother of British Gymnast Fights To Recover £1,000 Disputed Winning Bet
August 22 2012 5:58 PM
The grandmother of British Olympic gymnast Sam Oldham is in a battle with a bookmaker who refused to pay out on her £5 bet that her grandson would win a medal at the 2012 London Games.
- Price Harry's Nude Vegas Photos Could Land Him In Trouble With The British Army
August 22 2012 5:07 PM
By now, practically everyone on the Internet has seen Prince Harry’s nude pictures that surfaced in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, that includes his superiors in the British military. Harry, who enrolled in the Royal Military academy in 2005, could be in big trouble over the leaked photos.
- Manchester United Transfer Rumours: Herrera, Kaka, Nani and Hernandez Discussed in Latest Speculation
August 22 2012 2:51 PM
The latest news as speculation increases that Manchester United could be set for their fourth signing in the space of a week.
- What Do Prince Harry, Chris Brown, Ashley Greene, And Rihanna All Have In Common? Celebrity Nude Scandals [PHOTOS]
August 22 2012 10:38 AM
Prince Harry is not the only recognizable face who has had the internet ablaze with naked photos of them.
- 48 Hours In Brussels For A Surrealist Weekend
August 22 2012 10:27 AM
Floating men in bowler hats don't dot the sky in Brussels, but the city is full of references to surrealist painters and poets such as Rene Magritte and Paul Delvaux.