Articles by Los Angeles
- MLB 2013 Schedule Released: Interleague Play All Year, Yankees and Red Sox Open Season against Each Other
September 12 2012 3:34 PM
The tentative 2013 MLB schedule has been released. Here is the entire master schedule, including the Yankees and Red Sox first games.
- Los Angeles Lakers Rumors: Leandro Barbosa on L.A.’s Radar? Steve Nash Recruits Former Teammate
September 12 2012 11:37 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers could be looking to sign Leandro Barbosa. There are rumors that Steve Nash has been trying to recruit the guard.
- Tupac Hologram Creator, Digital Domain, Files For Bankruptcy After Laying Off 320 Employees [VIDEO]
September 12 2012 11:16 AM
Digital Domain Media, the company that created the Tupac Shakur hologram from the 2012 Coachella festival, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Bob Lambert Dies, Disney Digitial Pioneer Dead At 55, Cause Of Death Unknown At This Time [PHOTO]
September 12 2012 8:46 AM
Bob Lambert, a digital media executive for Disney, died suddenly at his home in Glendale on Friday, his family announced this week. The digital pioneer was 55 when he died of causes unknown at this time.
- 'Rotten Egg Smell' Tortures Residents Of Southern California, But Why?
September 11 2012 6:47 PM
Investigators from Southern California's South Coast Air Quality Management District received nearly 200 complaints about a "rotten egg smell" and began searching for the stench Tuesday morning. The odor is thought to be coming from the Salton Sea.
- Los Angeles Lakers News: Mark Cuban Skeptical about L.A. Title Hopes, Sour Grapes Over Not Landing Dwight Howard?
September 11 2012 2:56 PM
Mark Cuban has made news by saying he’s not convinced the Los Angeles Lakers will be a title contender. Does the Mavericks owner harbor resentment over not landing Dwight Howard?
- Toronto Film Festival 2012: Terrence Malick's Wife Makes Puzzling 9/11 Comments
September 11 2012 12:06 PM
When Terrence Mallick's "To the Wonder" debuted at the Toronto Film Festival, his wife, Alexandra Wallace, made a bizarre statement regarding the 9/11 attacks.
- How Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Kept Their Wedding A Secret For So Long [PHOTO]
September 11 2012 10:55 AM
While Hollywood is buzzing with the recent news of Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds tying the knot in a super top-secret southern wedding, the rest of the world is wondering how the power couple kept it under wraps for so long.
- Reem Acra Evokes Bad Biker Girl Vibe For Spring 2013 At New York Fashion Week
September 11 2012 8:58 AM
Evening gowns that evoke a sense of motorcycle-chic toughness? Reem Acra, the same designer known for elegant bridal gowns, made the impossible possible on Monday afternoon at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York with her Spring 2013 collection inspired by Aaron Young's motorcycle series.
- NFL’s First Female Referee, Shannon Eastin, 'Falls For Fake Fight' In First Regular Season Game
September 10 2012 10:31 PM
Shannon Eastin is the NFL's first female referee to be in the starting lineup for regular-season games, the Los Angeles Times reported.
- Toronto Film Festival 2012: First ‘A Place Beyond The Pines’ Clips Released
September 10 2012 5:46 PM
Since its debut at the Toronto International Film Festival, "A Place Beyond the Pines" has become one of the most talked about films of the season.
- Cut Sports, Cut Quality Of Life
September 10 2012 3:59 PM
For all of us who grew up with ample access to sports and the arts, it's difficult to see how our school systems have evolved, practically eliminating the character-building program of sports participation.
- James Franco Not Making Movie About Lindsay Lohan After Casting Call Sparks Speculation
September 10 2012 12:40 PM
James Franco set off speculation that he was planning to make a movie based on himself and Lindsay Lohan after he put out a casting call asking for a "James Franco type" and a "Lindsay Lohan type."
- Syria: Over 20 Killed In Car Bomb Attacks Near Army Compounds In Aleppo
September 10 2012 5:18 AM
Two bombs exploded near army compounds in the Syrian city of Aleppo Sunday night, killing more than 20 people and injuring around 60 of President Bashar al-Assad's forces and residents.
- Smug Romney Condescending To The Troops In Fox Interview [VIDEO]
September 09 2012 3:28 PM
After the Democrats hammered him for leaving the war in Afghanistan out of his acceptance speech, Romney was visibly uncomfortable before dropping the sound bite bomb that's still reverberating around the Internet.
- Miley Cyrus Avoids Harm After Intruder Arrested Outside Her House
September 09 2012 11:48 AM
A scissor-wielding alleged intruder has been arrested outside Miley Cyrus' home in the Studio City neighborhood of Los Angeles, Calif.
- O.J. Simpson Defense Team Denies Accusations Of Tampering With Leather Gloves, 17 Years Later
September 09 2012 11:25 AM
Defense attorneys who represented O.J. Simpson during his 1994-95 murder trial have responded to new allegations that one of the most important pieces of evidence had been illegally tampered with.
- OJ Simpson Prosecutor Claims The Defense Team Tampered With Infamous Glove During Trial
September 08 2012 4:33 PM
17 years after the infamous OJ Simpson murder trial, a member of the prosecution made the claim that OJ Simpson's defense team manipulated the famous glove that ultimately helped lead to a not guilty verdict for Simpson.
- Kristen Stewart Is Moving Out Of The Home She Shared With Robert Pattinson [Report]
September 08 2012 10:55 AM
Actor Robert Pattinson has seemingly moved on since Kristen Stewart's affair with her "Snow White and The Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders. Now, it seems she has moved on as well
- Obama Poster Artist Shepard Fairey Fined And Sentenced To Community Service
September 07 2012 1:39 PM
Shepard Fairey, the artist behind the famous 2008 "HOPE" poster of President Barack Obama, was sentenced to two years of probation (which includes 300 hours of community service) and fined $25,000 in a New York Court on Friday.