- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NBL) today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell certain oil and natural gas properties in Kansas to an affiliate of Citation Oil & Gas Corp., a privately held Houston based oil and gas company, for approximately $140 million. The transaction has an effective date of April 1, 2012 and is expected to close in September 2012, subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments.
- Former Cuban president Fidel Castro celebrates his 86th birthday on Monday.
- Leading members of the Group of 20 nations are prepared to trigger an emergency meeting to tackle soaring grain prices caused by the worst U.S. drought in half a century and poor crops from the Black Sea bread basket.
- Having failed to get the U.S. Justice Department to press contempt charges against Attorney General Eric Holder, House Republicans are planning to file a civil contempt lawsuit against him.
- Oil Prices are rising early on fears of increasing geopolitical risk and the hope of more stimuli. According to Dow Jones crude-oil futures rallied after an Israeli newspaper reported that the country is testing a nationwide text messaging system for warning people of an imminent missile attack, potentially heightening tensions with Iran. At the same time a larger than expected drop in Japan's GDP is increasing the odds that global economic stimulus is right around the corner. Japan's G...
Chelsea vs. Manchester City: Watch Live Stream Online of the Community Shield; Prediction, Probable Lineups, PreviewWatch live coverage of the FA Community Shield between Chelsea and Manchester City, plus a full preview, prediction and team news.
- It was the second-to-last day of the Olympics, and it was an eventful one.
- Watch live coverage of the Olympic soccer final between Brazil and Mexico, plus a full preview and prediction.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture slashed its corn-yield forecast for the year as the Food and Agriculture Organization warns of a potential repeat of the 2007-08 global food crisis.
- Kim Kardashian is allegedly so ready to take her relationship with rapper and producer Kanye West to the next level that she has already stopped taking birth control in the hopes to get pregnant, reported In Touch Weekly on Thursday.
- A global hike in food prices last month due to unfavorable weather conditions, compounded by exporting nations placing restrictions and importing nations stockpiling due to concerns over the grain price rally, could lead to a food crisis along the lines of the one that happened in 2007-08, the U.N.'s food agency warned Thursday.
- The defending La Liga champions continue to have a busy summer.
- Now that she’s been touted as a possible running mate for Mitt Romney, pundits are reviving the debate on Condoleezza Rice.
- The soybean market is trading slightly lower overnight with the November contract down 4 cents near 7:30 am CST. Soybean meal is lower while soybean oil is trading slightly higher. The August soybeans are gaining on September after no deliveries have been made in the delivery period. There were no deliveries of August soybeans or soybean meal futures overnight. Soybean oil deliveries totaled 911 bringing the month to date total to 13,180.
- Local campaigners have compared the potential impact of the mine's effluent to BP's Gulf of Mexico disaster and the Exxon Valdez oil spill, saying the region's fish stocks will become unsellable if the project goes ahead.
- Neymar led Brazil to the gold-medal match in men's soccer.
VIDEO Brazil 3-0 South Korea: Highlights, Match Report; Leandro Damiao Strikes Twice To Ease Brazil into the Olympic FinalWatch highlights and a read a full account of the Olympic soccer semifinal between Brazil and South Korea.
VIDEO Mexico 3-1 Japan: Highlights; El Tri to Play for Gold for First Time in History [Men's Olympic Soccer]Watch highlights and read a full account of the Olympic semifinal between Mexico and Japan at Wembley.