- The latest Green Lantern to take the oath of the Green Lantern Corp. also happens to be the first Muslim-American superhero. The power of the Green Lantern comes from a ring forged with the power of will. When a member of the Green Lantern Corp. dies, the ring seeks out a worthy replacement.
- Former U.S. intel chief Michael Hayden talks about the known-unknowns of an attack on Iran, questioning whether Israel had the ability to take unilateral action against Tehran.
Michigan-Alabama: Watch Live Free Online, Prediction, Betting Odds and Preview for Saturday’s Football GameMichigan faces Alabama Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium.
- No. 24 Boise State visits No. 13 Michigan State in each team?s season opener. Here?s how to watch a free live stream online, as well as the betting line, preview and prediction for the college football contest.
- The 2007 suicides of Duncan and Blake posthumously captured the imaginations of countless people who had never heard of the couple but were haunted by images published in news stories and on the Web. Five years later, questions remain about the media coverage of their deaths,
- A new study describes how distinct populations of bacteria thriving in the substance secreted by hyenas to mark their territory may be what allows them to recognize one another.
- November soybeans are trading 5 cents lower near 7:30 am cst. September soybean meal and oil are lower as well. Malaysian Palm Oil prices dropped overnight after traders expect palm stocks in Malaysia to rise near 2.3 million tonnes. There were no soybean or soybean meal deliveries overnight but 1,676 contracts of soybean oil were delivered. Chinese equity markets were lower again overnight off of bad earnings and fears towards the upcoming PMI report that is scheduled for release over the weeke...
- December gold inched higher overnight and trade sentiment this week has clearly shifted toward the ebb and flow easing talk from the Bernanke speech today. The bar is set fairly high, so Bernanke will have to acknowledge the prospect of easing in the September FOMC meeting or physical commodities like gold could be disappointed.
- Silver has forged a modest recovery effort to start today. While cheered by the prospect of a Bundesbank leadership change, physical and industrial commodities were probably undermined slightly by the latest round of dismal EU unemployment figures. At least in the short term, the silver market will be locked onto the Bernanke speech. Since December silver is off roughly $1.05 an ounce from this week's highs, the silver market might be able to rise sharply if Bernanke provides a sliver of easi...
- The greenback is struggling to hold its ground on Friday, with the Dow Jones-FXCM U.S. Dollar Index (Ticker: USDOLLAR) slipping to a low of 9,989, but the reserve currency may regain its footing going into the holiday weekend should Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke talk down speculation for another round of quantitative easing. As the Jackson Hole Economic Symposium takes center stage, the fresh batch of central bank rhetoric should set the tone for September, and we may see Mr. Bernanke sound more upb...
- Financial markets eased a tad despite more good news from the US data. Investors do not prefer to see improvement in economic dataflow recently as this might suggest delay in Fed's monetary easing actions. In the Eurozone, sentiment was weighed down as Spanish Prime Minister Rajoy said the country would delay seeking a bailout until conditions of any rescue package are confirmed. The conditions, according to French President Hollande, would be finalized at the October 19 European summit. Wall...
- Floyd Mayweather has reportedly bet $3 million on the Alabam-Michigan matchup this Saturday. The boxer put his money on the Wolverines at +14.
- Through last week, 1,118 cases of West Nile virus and 41 deaths had been reported. The updated figures represent a 40 percent increase in the number of cases and a 61 percent spike in the number of deaths, but are short of the all-time record for a full year: 9,862 cases and 264 deaths in 2003.
- Hurricane Isaac's effect on gasoline prices is minimal, but national inventory is below average. And pre-storm worries caused prices to rise anyway.
Washington Redskins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Preview, Robert Griffin To Sit Against the BuccaneersThe Washington Redskins welcome the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to FedEx Field Wednesday night.